Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why some keep using UA as a reference when in reality PMUS has the best scope    of course that might be hard for some dl cheerleader to grasp it  but reality is the IAM learned one hard lesson from UA and got PMUS a much better deal   it may not be the best to some folks but it sure as hell beats the old contracts we've had   not to mention the scope really got enhanced big time for us..
because it is part of the reality.

You are doing worse than what you accuse me of if all you want to do is talk about the little good that the IAM has done while failing to note the enormous failures.

and once again, you are not a detached participant in this discussion since you have specifically said that 700 personally helped you with a grievance against US.

while I recognize you can't discuss it, but let's be very clear that you have as much of a personal financial interest in seeing the IAM succeed based on what they did for you than the vast majority of other people who are pushing for the IAM.

UA IS part of the world that the IAM supported and created just as much as is the reality of the IAM being voted out and replaced by another union in more than one case

True Kev

No WT im not doing worse than you are being accused of  Sorry if you cannot grasp it or understand it.   But the simple fact is the IAM secured PMUS a far better deal than you will ever ever admit in your warped little mind.    we have the best scope in the airline industry.     While the IAM is at fault for bringing a crappy deal at UAL the UA useless mgmt. came up with the deal presented it to the IAM and the IAM recommended it  but ultimately the membership at UAL IAM voted yes on it bec of the amount of money involved and they failed to look at the ramsifications of the deal in which scope is almost nonexistent      

Secondly I have no financial interest in seeing the IAM succeed base on what they did for me and my fellow coworkers is completely false  very absurd   I believe the IAM succeeded in what they did to secure us a far better deal considering the $h!t they pulled at UA    You may think otherwise but these are facts jack   I understand you cant grasp it since you've been long gone from DL for almost a decade.     What happen at UA should never ever be repeated again and what happen at PMUS can and should be used a model for better and more enhanced deals at the NEW AA and at DL should the IAM get in at DL  and its my sincerest hopes and wishes to see DL FAs become union as well as ACS      Sorry you cant grasp it and all but these are the facts

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you for stating that being an IAM member is not all rainbows and unicorns.
As I've stated before, all parties that have an opportunity to vote should know the "FULL" story behind a possible IAM takeover, not just the rainbow/unicorn part!

and again, robbed, you are data picking if you want to talk about the scope at US but not include what they have done elsewhere.

and yes you personally have a bias because of what 700 and the IAM did for you. you likely got a good return on investment on your union dues.

other airline employees have not.

it is simply a fact that the majority of DL employees will make their decision based on what the IAM has done for the majority of people and not a few successes.

and I am glad that they helped you

I do not have a bias   I look at the whole big picture  unlike you.   yes 700 did me a favor  and helped get the ball rolling thanks to him.  But that is what union brothers and sisters are about  is helping each out.  the current situation with regards to DL employees are vastly different than when you worked there.  

Southwind  I fault both the IAM for accepting the UA deal and for recommending it but I also fault the UA mgmt. team for coming up with that idea    and I also fault the membership for voting for it for the money   when the scope should of been a higher priority bec scope is actually job security.

WT  again I look at scope  bec its far more valuable in my eyes bec its job security    Yes wages are highly important and are right behind scope   I do believe the IAM can be very successful at DL should they get in at DL   They were successful for PMUS    Wages increased for PMUS  Scope enhanced   far more improvements than the 2005 and 2008 deals

700UW said:
And the IAM just secured 800 jobs at UA being done by vendors brought back in-house.

And any station UA wants to outsource has to be negotiated.
Ok, laying off 2600, then bringing back 800. Let's see doing the math here, that's still a net neg 1800. Wow!! Way to go IAM. Some how you see this as a positive? Really? I would be willing to bet the IAM is the worst industrial union out there, ecept for maybe the teamsters. The F/A's at Delta would be much, much better off going with a craft and class union like 85% of the rest of the industry...

Ok, fair enough. Now, who would you suggest?

AFA? A logical first choice, but their name is far too tainted after the last 2 elections here.

IBT*? Nope. They weren't interested.

An in-house group? That's been tried before (PFAA), and was initially tried again for this campaign. The interest just isn't there.

???

*Yes I know the IBT isn't a craft/class group.

southwind said:
Are you going to say the AFA is more tainted than "ANY" other union?
Specific do DL and this current campaign? Yes.

To be clear, I'm not saying they're corrupt or passing any sort of judgment; my comment is only based on how well on our employer has managed to drag their name through the mud dutring previous elections (and to a lesser extent, some of the post-election fallout).

Stick with a craft union!
All well & good, but again; who would you suggest?

flyer_07_thumb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.