Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
So you asked every single FA if they would vote for a union?

The largest majority are the silent ones, ones who send in cards and dont talk about it.

winbw.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Some women wear the ring of their dead husband on their thumb as a memorial.

"Traditionally, women wore their spouses wedding ring on their thumb if their husbands were dead or had been sent off to battle"

Feel better now?

Reactions: 2 people
as a supporter of having a union  Id prefer the IAM over some of the other unions when it comes to having a union in the airline industry     As Ive said before  every single union   company etc will have the goods   the bads   and the uglies...    As for the IAM to be representatives at DL   everyone will have their own opinion   but in the end the active FAs will have the final say   and the ballots will be cast  as will the ramp when the appropiate times come.     When that happens  good luck   I personally would love to see the DL folks become union  whichever union it may be     If it happens  then good   for them   if it dont   then it dont 

Glenn Quagmire said:
Some women wear the ring of their dead husband on their thumb as a memorial.
"Traditionally, women wore their spouses wedding ring on their thumb if their husbands were dead or had been sent off to battle"
Feel better now?
Thanks for the explanation. Sorry the joke went over your head!

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
as a supporter of having a union  Id prefer the IAM over some of the other unions when it comes to having a union in the airline industry     As Ive said before  every single union   company etc will have the goods   the bads   and the uglies...    As for the IAM to be representatives at DL   everyone will have their own opinion   but in the end the active FAs will have the final say   and the ballots will be cast  as will the ramp when the appropiate times come.     When that happens  good luck   I personally would love to see the DL folks become union  whichever union it may be     If it happens  then good   for them   if it dont   then it dont
Fixed!
"If it happens, good for them. If it doesn't, good for them!"

BABABOOY said:
Exactly
Even the most vocal IAM supporters have quieted down lately.
This latest pay raise and 401k increase had taken the wind out of their sails.
Of course the small minority of that group continues to push but again a very small
And increasing irrelevant minority. More and more new hires coming on board and
With that the chances of the IAM getting in is close to zero.
I think you could say the exact same things about the NoWay Stormtroopers... And IMO, that's a good thing...

And really; is anyone legitimately on the fence anymore?

Let's all vote already and be done with it!

robbedagain said:

Obvioulsy you have no clue about the debacle at XJT with IAM.

If that's not a big fat warning sign then I don't know what is. 

southwind  you did not fix!   you only changed it to suit your needs in your testy exchanges with several other posters     

Its just my own wish to see the delta folks become union  bec I believe in the airline industry its a necessity given what mgmt can and has done      even at DL     We dont have RRs  and unlike DL we staff mainline employees at all of our mainline cities without the RRs mixed in   not to mention we dont outsource parts of the ramp  like DL does

And this is why you need a union.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/01/04/analysis-delta-pilots-ask-for-40-raise/

Delta’s pilots motivated by relative pay
Pilots have done better than their peer employees, with average total compensation rising 25.9% from $185,133 to $233,100 between 2010 and 2014. But Delta’s pilots outstripped the market entirely with total average compensation rising a remarkable 40.6% to $261,773 from $186,099, allowing Delta’s pilots to surpass those at Southwest Airlines to become the best compensated in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.