Grassroots Efforts at DL for ACS and FAs, no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone doesn't have the proper equipment to perform their duties, whose fault is it?
can you or Kev confirm that DL has ramp equipment without seat belts for which they are being asked to use one?

What other safety equipment is absent where employees are expected to use it?

eolesen said:
So... DL isn't providing seatbelts, and now it's not the employee's responsibilities to buy their own footware?

If employees won't take personal responsibility for their own safety, having a union or not having a union doesn't really matter.
I never said it wasn't the employees responsibility, but it is also the responsibility of the company to provide safe equipment.
As far as your second sentence, you're absolutely right- and that includes refusing to use unsafe equipment at work.

ok... then provide a list of equipment that the company is asking you to use that doesn't have appropriate safety equipment.

no need to post it here, though.

Call OSHA.

just let us know when you have made the call.

If you want to say that DL doesn't provide equipment with appropriate safety equipment, then you should be able to tell it to the government agency that enforces workplace safety.

Enforce safety issues which have legally enforceable requirements thru legal channels.

IROPS-Option-2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
According to Payscale.com, the average hourly rate for flight attendants of the big four airlines are:

Delta Airlines – $25.38
United Airlines – $30.13
Southwest Airlines – $35.87
American Airlines – $30.54

Reactions: 1 person
Working by the rules a company established is not a slow down.

Its working safe.

And if you were in ATL this weekend, once again, they had no rooms for FAs to sleep in.

700UW said:
According to Payscale.com, the average hourly rate for flight attendants of the big four airlines are:

Delta Airlines – $25.38
United Airlines – $30.13
Southwest Airlines – $35.87
American Airlines – $30.54
and you dodge and weave to avoid showing the TRUE average salaries that are reported... it's available from the DOT and is based on ACTUAL data, including profit sharing.

Of course you and the IAM don't want to admit that DL employees are on track to get 6 weeks plus of extra pay in profit sharing.

It's ok... the Dallas Morning News just noted what I have been saying before ... that DL employees have one of the richest profit sharing programs of ALL large corporations.

You and the unions think it is something to bargain away.

DL employees are smarter and realize it is REAL compensation that makes a HUGE difference in their total compensation package.

Apparently in your mind, it is ok for WN employees to have become some of the highest paid airline employees with PS but it is not ok for DL's non-union employees to do the same

NO SALE.

700UW said:
Working by the rules a company established is not a slow down.

Its working safe.

And if you were in ATL this weekend, once again, they had no rooms for FAs to sleep in.
And had there been a union and CBA in place how would they create availability of hotel rooms?

Josh

The pilots got rooms, DL has to provide rooms per their CBA, while the FAS were left hanging in the wind.

True Story-

Worker #1 saw worker #2 tell worker #3 to put up the guard rail on a belt loader. Worker #1 thought this would be the perfect opportunity to enter worker #2 in the Summer Safety Smackdown contest fro Reward points. Worker #1 entered all pertinent information in Deltanet and sent it off.

Several hours later worker #2 was approached by their PL. The PL commended him for helping to keep the ramp safe. Then he asked for the name of the worker who had failed to raise the railing. Without thinking he gave the PL worker #3's name. Worker #3 then got a coaching.

The new safety reward program has some inherent dangers. Be careful.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:

True Story-
Worker #1 saw worker #2 tell worker #3 to put up the guard rail on a belt loader. Worker #1 thought this would be the perfect opportunity to enter worker #2 in the Summer Safety Smackdown contest fro Reward points. Worker #1 entered all pertinent information in Deltanet and sent it off.

Several hours later worker #2 was approached by their PL. The PL commended him for helping to keep the ramp safe. Then he asked for the name of the worker who had failed to raise the railing. Without thinking he gave the PL worker #3's name. Worker #3 then got a coaching.

The new safety reward program has some inherent dangers. Be careful.

I heard, and its true, that my friends barber's girlfriend, sister's cousin, who married Joe the janitor's baby mama, who is best friends with the roady from Whitesnake, that they overheard in a restroom at a truck stop in Las Cruces NM, that a DL ramp employee got in trouble because he failed to raise the handrail, when required (damn pesky Airbii, 747 bulk bin, 757, 767 bulk bin, 777 bulk bin). I guess he thought he was working an ERJ-145...

Reactions: 3 people
blue collar said:
If someone doesn't have the proper equipment to perform their duties, whose fault is it?
Are you telling me there are "NO" seatbelts available on the vehicles ramp uses?

Are you telling me, that upon employment, employees are not told they need to wear safety shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.