Great Job Southwest Employees

Thx robbed and hope777.  Yes this was indeed great news today.  Hope it will stand in future months as well...

Reactions: 2 people
this won't help October statistics

"A technology problem has delayed at least 450 Southwest Airlines flights Sunday, according to a statement from the discount carrier LUV, +3.04% By late afternoon, more than 10 percent of the airline's scheduled flights had been affected. Passengers are being asked to arrive at least two hours ahead of flight times and to use airport kiosks to print boarding passes and baggage tags."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nearly-500-southwest-airlines-flights-delayed-by-tech-glitch-2015-10-11?link=MW_home_latest_news

WorldTraveler said:
this won't help October statistics"A technology problem has delayed at least 450 Southwest Airlines flights Sunday, according to a statement from the discount carrier LUV, +3.04% By late afternoon, more than 10 percent of the airline's scheduled flights had been affected. Passengers are being asked to arrive at least two hours ahead of flight times and to use airport kiosks to print boarding passes and baggage tags."http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nearly-500-southwest-airlines-flights-delayed-by-tech-glitch-2015-10-11?link=MW_home_latest_news

As you post this with pure glee!!

WorldTraveler said:
this won't help October statistics

"A technology problem has delayed at least 450 Southwest Airlines flights Sunday, according to a statement from the discount carrier LUV, +3.04% By late afternoon, more than 10 percent of the airline's scheduled flights had been affected. Passengers are being asked to arrive at least two hours ahead of flight times and to use airport kiosks to print boarding passes and baggage tags."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nearly-500-southwest-airlines-flights-delayed-by-tech-glitch-2015-10-11?link=MW_home_latest_news
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2015/02/delta_air_lines_computer_outag.html

Pot meet Kettle..

Reactions: 1 person
So you pulled out an 8 month old article in a tit for tat?

WN had a major SYSTEMWIDE computer outage THIS WEEKEND that affected flights and passengers.

It isn't personal and it isn't a tit for tat in posting it.

as soon as you two and others get thru your heads that this is a DISCUSSION forum and not a boxing ring, we can discuss issues that are relevant to the issue.

interestingly, WN's on-time for this past weekend was actually quite good despite the technology problems because WN held flights for a short time but ended up leaving passengers behind.

The on-time statistics might not have been as badly affected as they could have been. Baggage claims and passenger complaints will be worth watching. Given that WN routinely does well in passenger complaints but below average in baggage claims in the DOT statistics, there might not be a big difference in the statistics at all.

Overall, WN did a pretty good job of returning the operation to normal fairly quickly and seems to have pacified most of their customers which is indeed a positive thing.

yes BARRELS of laughs.

and a WHOLE LOT of truth.

leave your boxing gloves at the gym.

meanwhile, WN from an on-time perspective overcame a difficult operational challenge with their computers.

Kudos to them.

700UW said:
I don't think I can mention 1 single airline that hasn't had some kind of computer glitch.  I was expecting to hear from AA's group about a big computer glitch over this long weekend as AA was bringing both AA's and US's computer systems into one at a push of the button.  So far I haven't heard of any mishaps from the switch.  Congrats to the IT and all employees at AA for getting it done in a smoothly manner, while SWA took the spot light (all weekend I might add) for the major computer glitch.  SWA will learn from this big mishap and put it in some future training for all involved.  The key factor in all these "computer glitches" is how they are handled and how the customers are taken care of after such a major problem, as of so far I haven't read any hugely negative reactions, but time will tell as we go forward.  Better to have had this happen now rather than the day of the Hou international flights kicking off on the 15th.  Pretty sure SWA took the extra steps of taking care of the customers in their true SW fashion.
BTW, I had to read the post you were answering to understand where you were going with your post, and YES, as usual, he will take every single chance he can get to proudly assist in making SWA look bad.  He so dead head set on trying to make SWA look bad because of the beating Delta has taken from SWA, COD, the Judge, and others as of late.  I wish you would use the ignore feature 700, but, I know you luv correcting him on every isssue, carry on sir...

I don't think I can mention 1 single airline that hasn't had some kind of computer glitch.  I was expecting to hear from AA's group about a big computer glitch over this long weekend as AA was bringing both AA's and US's computer systems into one at a push of the button.  So far I haven't heard of any mishaps from the switch.  Congrats to the IT and all employees at AA for getting it done in a smoothly manner, while SWA took the spot light (all weekend I might add) for the major computer glitch.  SWA will learn from this big mishap and put it in some future training for all involved.  The key factor in all these "computer glitches" is how they are handled and how the customers are taken care of after such a major problem, as of so far I haven't read any hugely negative reactions, but time will tell as we go forward.  Better to have had this happen now rather than the day of the Hou international flights kicking off on the 15th.  Pretty sure SWA took the extra steps of taking care of the customers in their true SW fashion.
you did fine on the part I quoted.

keep telling yourself that anyone that discusses anything negative is doing it because they have it out for you or your company.

As someone said on another thread, stuff happens (paraphrased).

routes move.

legal decisions are rendered.

This is a company, not your mother.

WN had a significant computer issue that happened to come right after a long string of operational improvements that have absolutely worked to improve WN's performance.

The trend is positive. but there are a whole lot more datapoints that have be filled in to say that the operational problems that WN faced in the past are fully behind them.

and yes, WN appeared to have handled the weekend's events pretty well... other than long lines and people who missed flights, there don't appear to have been huge customer service failures.