Great news!

I'm sorry, Dignity but you're naivetee is showing. That's why I said earlier you haven't actually been through a representational election other than changing unions. There is a lot more at stake and management will do whatever they can to make sure there is not a FA union at Delta Air Lines by trying to influence the undecided (fence sitters). It's in their best interest. The only difference now as opposed to 2002 and 2008 is who resides in the White House and on the NMB.

management however can influence an outcome of an election based on their management style..and how they treat their people

some people are going to want something in writing regardless (no matter if management is viewed fair or not) however..

when you remove everything else from the picture and focus solely on the person and each individual thinking.. at the time of voting..
ultimately it depends on how the individual perceives management.. based on personal experiences..
if they are being treated fairly (the right thing is being done) and feel that is the case..(a poster in a lounge) is a non-issue.. if they do not feel it is the case..its still a non issue..

someones personal beliefs (or their viewpoint) should not change because of a poster, or Van de Water on the NMB or who was President in 2002 or 2008, to me..that would be truly naive to believe it would be the case.

however each individual will see the situation differently.. so,

timely resolution of issues and effectiveness (and how that is being perceived to some) is the key..and may be the turning point for the fence sitters,

the ones..who may ultimately decide it all.

some people are going to want something in writing regardless (no matter if management is viewed fair or not) however..
Yes, it's true. There are always going to be the strongly-committed... on each end of the spectrum.

when you remove everything else from the picture and focus solely on the person and each individual thinking.. at the time of voting..
And that is key..."at the time of voting"

ultimately it depends on how the individual perceives management.. based on personal experiences..
if they are being treated fairly (the right thing is being done) and feel that is the case..(a poster in a lounge) is a non-issue.. if they do not feel it is the case..its still a non issue..
That's going on the assumption that each individual who has experienced good and bad from mgt. feels specifically one way or the other. Many have had both good and bad experiences equally or have had mostly good experiences but would MAYBE (they are unsure because they are hearing "propoganda" from BOTH sides) vote for the union.

someones personal beliefs (or their viewpoint) should not change because of a poster, or Van de Water on the NMB or who was President in 2002 or 2008, to me..that would be truly naive to believe it would be the case however each individual will see the situation differently.. so,
Then someone should tell mgt that they need not spend all that $$$ on posters and DVDs urging FAs to "give a rip" to their ballot or "don't click, don't dial" for voting.
Also better tell those lobbying for certain NMB members not to bother with their time or $$$.

timely resolution of issues and effectiveness (and how that is being perceived to some) is the key..and may be the turning point for the fence sitters,

the ones..who may ultimately decide it all.

They're almost always the ones that decide these things. And they sit on the fence and look one way (pro-mgt) for a while then easily drift back to the union side, and then back again...most of the time the voting is going on. Some are impressionable depending on, yes...their individual circumstances.

That's going on the assumption that each individual who has experienced good and bad from mgt. feels specifically one way or the other. Many have had both good and bad experiences equally or have had mostly good experiences but would MAYBE(they are unsure because they are hearing "propoganda" from BOTH sides) vote for the union.

actual experiences and how someone feels they are treated will ultimately play a crucial part in creating opinions.

They're almost always the ones that decide these things. And they sit on the fence and look one way (pro-mgt) for a while then easily drift back to the union side, and then back again...most of the time the voting is going on. Some are impressionable depending on, yes...their individual circumstances.

Are they ready to participate or feel its necessary?

Sure I did. Go back and read through the thread again.

Just to recap, I'm looking for your 'take" on this NMB appointment. Feel free to incorporate either irony, or unintended consequences in your response... or both-your call.
No you didn't ask me my "take" on anything.

You asked:

I'm waiting for you to discuss how your favorite "law of unintended consequences" can sometimes be a two-way street...

As to which I have no idea what you are referring to. Is this a comprehension issue for you?

As far as my take on the NMB appointment? Its great news! Now AFA can quit stalling, making excuses, etc and call a vote!

No you didn't ask me my "take" on anything.

So me asking you to "discuss" something in one post, and then asking for your "take" on the same thing later is difficult?

Awesome.

As far as my take on the NMB appointment? Its great news! Now AFA can quit stalling, making excuses, etc and call a vote!

I was looking for more substance, but I guess I'll settle for mild sarcasm...

So me asking you to "discuss" something in one post, and then asking for your "take" on the same thing later is difficult?

Awesome.
You didn't pose a question, rather a statement....which made no sense.

I was looking for more substance, but I guess I'll settle for mild sarcasm...
No Kev, you were looking for a fight. Behave like a gentleman, pick your knuckles up off the ground and put them back in your pocket.

No Kev, you were looking for a fight.

Nope, just wanted to know what you thought. You're looking for something that isn't there. Don't over think, and don't be so defensive.

Behave like a gentleman, pick your knuckles up off the ground and put them back in your pocket.

Now I'm a knuckle dragger? Nice. Careful, your true colors are showing through.

Way to perpetuate that basest of stereotypes. :down:

Nope, just wanted to know what you thought. You're looking for something that isn't there. Don't over think, and don't be so defensive.

Now I'm a knuckle dragger? Nice. Careful, your true colors are showing through.

Way to perpetuate that basest of stereotypes. :down:
So are you going to explain yourself or not?

I'm waiting for you to discuss how your favorite "law of unintended consequences" can sometimes be a two-way street...