Ground Handling News?

Heard from a girl in headquarters that DGS received the contract to GSO ramp. Any other cities annouce?

Heard from a girl in headquarters that DGS received the contract to GSO ramp. Any other cities annouce?
Not heard anything relating to other cities...should be about time to hear something soon! Maybe they will all start flooding in!

9E VP will be in GSO tomorrow to announce DGS winning the ground handling contract, overall a poorly kept secret. It will be nice for the employees to finally know what their options are.
Where else is he planning on going?
What is supposed to happen (as far as making the announcement to employees) when a station wins? Do they bring DL folks in to tell everyone or is it still the 9E VP?

Where else is he planning on going?
What is supposed to happen (as far as making the announcement to employees) when a station wins? Do they bring DL folks in to tell everyone or is it still the 9E VP?

DL GSO GM originally told the 9E mgr about two weeks ago, AFAIK the VP will be at GSO all day.

Does anyone know if and who the PNS ground contract was awarded to? I know DL will handle the inside function, but I know 9E handles NW and I believe DGS handles DL ramp.

Does anyone know if and who the PNS ground contract was awarded to? I know DL will handle the inside function, but I know 9E handles NW and I believe DGS handles DL ramp.

CAE, SAV, GSO, and TYS was notified today they will NOT be part of the new Delta ground operations in these cities..best of luck to these affected employees!

Questions, I have a friend who is mainline in MYR, they are now going to be Comair then RHS, they told them they dont have a pay scale and dont know what Comair is going to pay them.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

I do not think they announced new hire rates or benefits (if any) yet. I believe if you were OH or XJ your pay is grandfathered in.

I thought if there was mainline in a city it was going to stay mainline??

Now that they (RHS) seems to be growing...shouldnt the employees think about unionizing?
Is Comair unionized? I do not think Mesaba is.

In case anyone is interested-here is the lastest on the cities that are or will be RHS- does not specify above or below:

Montana
MSO
GTF
BIL

Vermont
BTV

N Dakota
MOT
DVL
BIS
FAR
JMS

Maine
BGR
PWM

New Hampshire
MAN

Minnesota
TVF
INL
BJI
HIB
DLH
BRD
STC
MSP
RST

Ohio
CAK
TOL
DAY
CVG

W Virginia
CRW

Virginia
CHO
ORF
ROA

Michigan
SSM
MQT
ESC
IMT
APN
PLN
TVC
MKG
GRR
KLZ
LAN
FLT
MBS
DTW

N Carolina
AVL

Tennessee
TYS
TRI

South Dakota
RAP
PIR
FSD
ABR
ATY

Kentucky
SDF
LEX
PAH
Nebraska
OMA

Arkansas
FAY

Iowa
MCW
DSM
CID
SUX
ALO
DBQ

Illinois
ORD
MLI
PIA
BMI
CMI

New York
BUF
ROC
ITH
ALB
HPN

Indiana
SBN
FWA
EVV
IND

Pennsylvania
SCE
ABE
MDT
LBE
AVP

Florida
EYW
MIA
VPS

S Carolina
MYR
HHH

Missouri
SGF
COU

Alabama
MSL
BHM

Louisana
MLU
AEX
LFT
BTR

Mississippi
TUP
GLH
PIB

Canada
YQT
YKF
YXM

Those are A LOT of RHS cities! Should be easy for employees to move around within the system. I have not heard what ANY of the benefits will be. Comair in non-union. Some suggest the benefits will mirror that of DGS. I think employees will be hard-pressed to learn that their non-reving days will be slowly squeezed into the same of DGS: no ID's/ZED's, Buddy Passes, etc; Those currently with OH, XJ and CP are used to already having all of these perks. Big changes a'coming...hopefully they will not take perks like those away from employees.

I do not think they announced new hire rates or benefits (if any) yet. I believe if you were OH or XJ your pay is grandfathered in.

That's what I've heard as well.

I thought if there was mainline in a city it was going to stay mainline??

Correct.

Now that they (RHS) seems to be growing...shouldnt the employees think about unionizing?
Is Comair unionized? I do not think Mesaba is.

Neither are; at least not at the airport ops level...

GRR
FNT
ORD
IND

These 4 are all mainline cities for NW. According to communications put out by the company, M/L NW employees will be taking over the handling of Comair OPS (FNT/GRR), and the vendored DL work (ORD/IND). On top of that, DL is in the process of offering their own people ramp positions in the latter 2 cities...

These 4 are all mainline cities for NW. According to communications put out by the company, M/L NW employees will be taking over the handling of Comair OPS (FNT/GRR), and the vendored DL work (ORD/IND). On top of that, DL is in the process of offering their own people ramp positions in the latter 2 cities...
[/quote]

I was just going by a map that was printed off the RHS link through the Deltanet website.
I dont have a scanner so maybe someone can post it. IND is shown as a red dot for "future" RHS city and ORD,FNT and GRR are shown as green dots are "current" RHS cities. Very confusing or misleading if they are showing them as currently won but they are actually reverting back to mainline...

I was just going by a map that was printed off the RHS link through the Deltanet website.

I know. I wasn't trying to come down on you personally...

I dont have a scanner so maybe someone can post it. IND is shown as a red dot for "future" RHS city and ORD,FNT and GRR are shown as green dots are "current" RHS cities. Very confusing or misleading if they are showing them as currently won but they are actually reverting back to mainline...

IIRC, the "current" line up for DL is like this:

IND- Ramp done by DGS
ORD- No idea, but I think it's DGS
GRR- Comair
FNT- Comair

I'd certainly agree that it's at best confusing. We're (NWA) told one thing, and DL (or RHS) are being told another by our respective upper managements...