Gso March Traffic Jumps

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
PTI Airport air passenger traffic takes off in March

Piedmont Triad International Airport posted its second straight month of growing numbers of jet passengers in March.

In March, 108,066 people flew from the airport, that's up 7 percent from March 2003, according to PTI data.

Northwest Airlines Corp. was the big winner with 7,328 passengers, up 24 percent from last year.

But PTI's dominant carriers also posted passenger growth. Delta Air Lines saw its passenger count rise 7 percent while US Airways had 11 percent more passengers.

"This reflects an improving economy in our region and an increase in air travel stimulated by continued low fares available at PTI," said Ted Johnson, the airport's executive director.

Passenger traffic at PTI was up 11 percent in February after dipping 1 percent in January.

Jim

• Banned
I initially transposed the letters myself, and I live 10 miles from PTI.

• Banned
You haven't heard of our super-secret 5-stop service?

Jim

I went over to PTI last week to pick up a package. The first thing I noticed when I walked in the Terminal was that the USAirway's sign above their ticket counter was half burnt out! I think the only letters that lite up on their sign was "ways". I thought to myself, "now that's impressive!" :rolleyes:

Back