Gun Threads - Merged

Kev3188 said:
I'm having trouble getting past the idea that you place the 2a over the lives of our most innocent fellow citizens.

It's "difficult" for me to see why it's okay for an ammosexual to carry a long gun into CVS, but not okay to look at gun violence as a public health issue.

Know what would really "feel good?" Less dead Americans.

Im having trouble getting past the idea that you place "feel good" ideology over common sense.

But that's what you LWNJ's are good at.

Kev3188 said:
I'm having trouble getting past the idea that you place the 2a over the lives of our most innocent fellow citizens.

It's "difficult" for me to see why it's okay for an ammosexual to carry a long gun into CVS, but not okay to look at gun violence as a public health issue.

Know what would really "feel good?" Less dead Americans.

That alone right there is the perfect example of the LWNJ hysteria of the mere sight of a firearm.

Hysteria has been replaced by common sense and as a result leaves a pile of dead bodies in its wake.

You my friend are part of the problem.

townpete said:
Im having trouble getting past the idea that you place "feel good" ideology over common sense.

But that's what you LWNJ's are good at.
If "less dead kids" is a "feel good" ideology, so be it.

If seeing gun violence as a public health issue, and addressing it accordingly is "hysteria," then so be it.

Arming every teacher in the nation might play well in some corners, but it doesn't fix the problem, and it certainly doesn't prevent another Sandy Hook or Columbine from happening.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:

If seeing gun violence as a public health issue, and addressing it accordingly is "hysteria," then so be it.

Arming every teacher in the nation might play well in some corners, but it doesn't fix the problem, and it certainly doesn't prevent another Sandy Hook or Columbine from happening.

Facts and history say otherwise,

HOW AN ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL WITH A GUN STOPPED A SCHOOL SHOOTER

But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your tragic flawed LWNJ ideology.

Let me know when you come up with the perfect Utopian solution to stopping the evil in people's minds. 

Since 2009, 92 Percent of Mass Shootings Have Occurred in Gun-Free Zones

The Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) recently released a report that indicates that since January of 2009 to July 2014 92% of all mass shootings in the US occurred in gun-free zones.

Oh look, another "gun free zone" shooting at Lackland AFB today.

All brought to you by liberal "feel good" ideology.

Take a bow, LWNJ's!

Kev3188 said:

How would you address this gun violence public health issue 'accordingly'?

I'd 'feel good' with a first line of defense of trained ex-leo or ex military as guards at limited access points and a secondary line of defense of teachers also trained and qualified ( if they wish to participate ) with alert and defensive protocols to be adhered to at all times.

Does it fix the problem?  NO, but it helps address the situation feel good liberalism fomented.

The feel good wonks who created this problem have armed guards and metal detectors where they spend their days....maybe we make all government buildings 'gun free zones'...wonder how that would flush?

In these days where extremists of all shapes, sizes and colors are looking at soft targets as a way of violent expression, I think a little forethought into prevention/suppression for the 'collective good'  would go a long way.

Feel good liberalism, just like $15 an hour minimum wages......20 people worked here at $8.98 an hour, now with feel good liberalism and a $15 wage, only 3 of us are working.

I feel good.

Last edited by a moderator:
delldude said:

How would you address this gun violence public health issue 'accordingly'?

I'd 'feel good' with a first line of defense of trained ex-leo or ex military as guards at limited access points and a secondary line of defense of teachers also trained and qualified ( if they wish to participate ) with alert and defensive protocols to be adhered to at all times.

Does it fix the problem?  NO, but it helps address the situation feel good liberalism fomented.

There are already fairly solid lockdown protocols in most districts, and new construction keeps a lot of your points in mind.

Now how do you protect kids lined up waiting for the bus? On the playground?

All the armed teachers in the world can't fix that, and that doesn't even touch on "selling" parents on the militarization of classrooms.

Solving this issue takes a lot more than what we're doing now.

Kev3188 said:
There are already fairly solid lockdown protocols in most districts, and new construction keeps a lot of your points in mind.
All the armed teachers in the world can't fix that, and that doesn't even touch on "selling" parents on the militarization of classrooms.
So in short, you really have no idea what to do.

But omg, guns are bad ghaaaa!

Kev3188 said:
They're "bad" when they're in the hands of the Adam Lanzas of the world...
Really?

What else you got Capt. Obvious?

Now what other revelations you have?

So what's your plan to stop evil in people's minds?

Scream at them at a coffee shop?

Maybe a selfie with a spiffy hashtag?

Why are people like yourself so consumed with restricting others the ability to protect themselves?

How many more kids have to die for your "feel good" idiology?

Kev3188 said:

Here's a start:  http://www.schoolsecurity.org/trends/alice-training/

I never heard of playgrounds....I thought ambulance chasers fixed that concept.

Parents have no input to a school having armed security. If they want to arm teachers, that's for PTA  /School board.

Time for all to wake up and work with the reality of the world we live in and the limited things we can do to change it.

After seeing these tragic events, I can't recall hearing any of the feel good bunch saying maybe this idea of gun free zones isn't as good as it looked on paper.

townpete said:
Really?

What else you got Capt. Obvious?

Now what other revelations you have?

So what's your plan to stop evil in people's minds?

Scream at them at a coffee shop?

Maybe a selfie with a spiffy hashtag?

Why are people like yourself so consumed with restricting others the ability to protect themselves?

How many more kids have to die for your "feel good" idiology?
When someone's "protecting themselves" puts me or my kids in the line of fire, all bets are off.

If you weren't so consumed with trolling, you would've realized I'm not calling for any sort of restriction on responsible gun ownership/usage. At all.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts