Happy AMT day to my fellow AMT'S at American Airlines.

My understanding is there is a system-wide effort on the part of local 591 to not gobble the gravy.

I have my own lunch so I will not be eating their food.

Reactions: 3 people
DallasConehead said:
My understanding is there is a system-wide effort on the part of local 591 to not gobble the gravy.

I have my own lunch so I will not be eating their food.

Good. But for every one like you there are 10 standing in line for seconds.

We are a pitiful example of unionism!

Reactions: 1 person
Well, you may be right. I will do my part when called upon.. I can't control what others do I can only control what I do.

I think the company has great appreciation for it'st amt's. They appreciate the fact that their mechanics will work for the lowest wages and benefits and keep working as wages go down(that's right, its binary, if you aint makin more...your making less). The company just wants to thank us all for not putting up to much of a fight when asked to take a pay cut..so open those mouths and take a biiiiigggg bite, it will probably be the last thing we "get".....and the company appreciates that.

Happy AMT day

Rogallo said:

Good. But for every one like you there are 10 standing in line for seconds.

We are a pitiful example of unionism!

Less than 5 AMTs at the hangar today at DFW went for the BBQ.  They were the usual suspects, we all know the types.  Had the usual sellouts from stores and faulty maintenance show their true colors.  Not even sure why they showed up, we are never invited to their shindigs.   Anyway, the company had some good photo opportunities with a bunch of non-AMT types - slopping up the free grub.

Free? They could finance AMT Day appreciation meals and trinkets for the rest of the millennium with what they have taken from us!

Reactions: 6 people
2ndGENAMT said:
Free? They could finance AMT Day appreciation meals and trinkets for the rest of the millennium with what they have taken from us!
I guess everyone would have preferred the airline to go chapter 7 - it's still amazing - it's free food - it's really sad

Some of the loudest about not having a contract. Were
the first in line to eat the company food. I'd like to say unbelievable but I'm not surprised at all.

Reactions: 2 people
Free food? - NO
Would like to have seen company file chapter 7 ? - YES
Those crying about contract and standing inline for food? Some of the reason we have a crappy contract...hint, your elected officials

Its always the same people that rationalize many different reasons as to why they should eat the food and accept the cheap company schwag. They just cant seem to forgo one lousy plate of food. If you really want bbq that bad, go out and get a plate from one of the many bbq joints in town.

I'm liking how jetnet is lighting up in the comments section for AMT Day.

Reactions: 4 people