Happy Thanksgiving............????

Thx for company provided thanksgiving dinner and for management to give as many guys off as possible.

Troubleshooting chart

Pilots, FAs, dispatchers, and gate agent unions all have contracts and preparing for next contract. Our union says company not willing to negotiate, what’s the troubleshooting chart pointing to.

In 1993 the FAs went on strike in order not to have preferential bidding. Starting in January they will all be on preferential bidding. FAs are highest paid FAs in industry. Seems like actually negotiating is a thing that can work out.

I would sympathize with you if your post was true. I looked and it showed over 60 people on the TWU side had holiday off at DFW on the day of Thanksgiving. That's the most out of any line station.
Those 60 heads consisted of people whose holiday fell during their vacation week also holiday offs were granted based on volunteers to work the holiday and there were some.

Those 60 heads consisted of people whose holiday fell during their vacation week also holiday offs were granted based on volunteers to work the holiday and there were some.

I'm looking at it now. 33 people were in conjunction with vacation, which means they got Thanksgiving Day off as an extra day at the end or beginning of their vacation. 33 were not. So it had nothing to do with vacation or volunteers. The volunteers are people who are saying they don't want holiday off for that particular holiday as it automatically defaults to requesting holiday off unless you request to work. If you bring people who are on vacation into the mix, there are about 100 slots of vacation per week at DFW between, avionics and general that would be added to the 66. It is all accessible on the company site. Take a look, the facts don't lie.
There is plenty to complain about, let's just make sure were putting out good info.

Last edited:
Nobody was granted holiday off because the company was being benevolent. All HOs occurred as a result of in conjunction with vacation or as a result of volunteers.

I'm looking at it now. 33 people were in conjunction with vacation, which means they got Thanksgiving Day off as an extra day at the end or beginning of their vacation. 33 were not. So it had nothing to do with vacation or volunteers. The volunteers are people who are saying they don't want holiday off for that particular holiday as it automatically defaults to requesting holiday off unless you request to work. If you bring people who are on vacation into the mix, there are about 100 slots of vacation per week at DFW between, avionics and general that would be added to the 66. It is all accessible on the company site. Take a look, the facts don't lie.
There is plenty to complain about, let's just make sure were putting out good info.
There was a email send to dfw avionics and generals they did not give anyone holiday off . People signed up to work it then people were granted those slots. What 1986 says is correct

Well, I was thinking of posting the email, then I thought ..... better not... I guess all these guys around the system think we all get the holidays off ,
Everyone's on days with weekends off, and no airplanes to work on... Aircaft mechanic heaven...

So since when did the AMT’s become indentured servants at AA? Again if you wanted off so bad to be with your families just hit that sick call line. You can BS and tell them you’re sick and get paid the day out of your bank or man up and tell them I’m taking off to be with my family on this Holiday and they can code you a HO or even UA (So what)

You know you can also celebrate giving Thanks on your day off if you’re Family cares about you enough to eat bird on a different day. (Or cook a Ham)

I'm not complaining.. Guys that dont know what's going on are writing untrues.. Just trying to set the record straight.

Besides, sick time gone along time ago when you throw in a couple few major illnesses..and 5 day accrual per year.. Which is not a complaint either, just the way things are, find a work around and adapt.

I'm not complaining.. Guys that dont know what's going on are writing untrues.. Just trying to set the record straight.

Besides, sick time gone along time ago when you throw in a couple few major illnesses..and 5 day accrual per year.. Which is not a complaint either, just the way things are, find a work around and adapt.

My comment was not directed at you. You’re not a habitual whining cry baby like some of the other posters on here are.

There was a email send to dfw avionics and generals they did not give anyone holiday off . People signed up to work it then people were granted those slots. What 1986 says is correct

Ok, I'm going to make it simple. I checked with my Reps just verify and I am correct. Yes there was an email sent by someone in the admin dept at DFW that said they needed everyone working. The DFW Reps met with the company and the company ended up giving holiday off irregardless of this email that was sent. I went to your online bulletin board and have provided you a link. Go here and then click on holiday manning:
https://partners.aa.com/TechOps/Maint/Line/BB/SitePages/Home.aspx?STA=DFW

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to make it simple. I checked with my Reps just verify and I am correct. Yes there was an email sent by someone in the admin dept at DFW that said they needed everyone working. The DFW Reps met with the company and the company ended up giving holiday off irregardless of this email that was sent. I went to your online bulletin board and have provided you a link. Go here and then click on holiday manning:

Good grief, separate hgr from term. Separate avx from gen. Don't count HOs with VC or CSW/CSO. Make sure you write down your results as you go so you don't lose count.

Well, I was thinking of posting the email, then I thought ..... better not... I guess all these guys around the system think we all get the holidays off ,
Everyone's on days with weekends off, and no airplanes to work on... Aircaft mechanic heaven...
I wasn’t going to post a company e mail either

What is your problem what’s the big deal

What is your problem what’s the big deal

Well, he's scrutinizing the Holiday manning list, it seems hes thinking that dfw guys got more HO's (no pun) then other stations across the system. I guess it's important to him for some reason, I'm trying to understand. No matter where you go theres always some guy that thinks someone's getting a better deal then him. As for me, I've never one to look at what everyone else is getting. Not worth it to me to think that way.

Latest posts