Has The Judge Approved The Por And The Merger Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
has the judge approved the por and the merger yet? proceedings were supposed to begin today at 9:30 am .anyone have any info?

etops1 said:
has the judge approved the por and the merger yet? proceedings were supposed to begin today at 9:30 am .anyone have any info?
[post="301205"][/post]​
US Airways, America West await judge's decision

Judge Stephen Mitchell could approve the reorganization and merger later Thursday or on Friday, Sept. 16.

Upon such confirmation, the merger would close following a 10-day grace period, which would come by the end of September.

drifterreno said:
Someone run from the court and let us know asap. Waiting in Reno for results.
[post="301225"][/post]​
Nothing yet on AWACompass, or on the Yahoo site. For some reason, the judge will probably wait until tomorrow to make his decision.

Judge to rule Friday on US Airways

Stan Choe, Tony Mecia

The Charlotte Observer

ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- US Airways' bankruptcy-court judge said Thursday afternoon he will rule Friday at 10 a.m. on the airline's request to exit bankruptcy.

The judge's approval is the final hurdle for the company to leave bankruptcy protection.

If the judge approves the airline's reorganization plan, the airline could merge with America West Airlines as soon as Sept. 27.

Most of the day in court was spent arguing over US Airways' proposal to offer $12 million in severance to 23 top executives. Labor unions said executives should not get the money, while the company said it is needed to encourage them to help with the merger transition. US Airways is Charlotte's largest hub. About 5,300 of its 22,000 employees are based in the city.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/liv...el/12654300.htm

I just looked this up on AWACompass at 1759mst

HP NEWS FLASH
September 15, 2005
Bankruptcy Court to Go a Second Day

US Airways’ Bankruptcy Court hearing will continue into a second day, meaning the judge has yet to rule on the airline’s Plan of Reorganization (POR). Court began today and will reconvene in the morning.

If the judge approves the POR, his ruling will be followed by a mandatory 10-day period in which objections can be filed. Following that window, the merger is considered final. We’ll keep employees informed of the judge’s decision as it is made public.

Look for more merger news and updates here on Compass or in the latest edition of Plane Deal, the weekly merger newsletter.

Let me just save everyone a little time......

Judge Stephen S. Mitchell pounds gavel and says, "Give whatever they want." Done. I really don't know how this guy sleeps at night.

This is just my opinion from his previous rulings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back