Hatfield for 591 Treasurer - HOW ABOUT NO!

Swordfish

Jun 17, 2011
The choice for Bob Owens over Michael Hatfield is simple, Bob represents the members who elect him with conviction and Michael resigned under investigation. Below you will find Michaels Bio and a few comments on his past transgressions.

Michael Hatfield
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Hired October 1988 at DFW
Became a shop steward in 1992
Elected as Financial Secretary in 2003
Re‐elected 2005
Re‐elected 2008
Re‐elected 2011
During my terms in office working with the Executive Board we restructured Local 565s’ financial situation, going from spending more than we were bringing in to quadrupling the cash on hand.
Since becoming a union representative, I have always done and continue to do all I can to help the membership with whatever problem may arise. I want to thank all of those who have supported me in the past and continue to now. The one thing I have always said to everyone that still stands today, I would appreciate your vote but more important is that you vote. We can take the changes forced upon us and turn it into something good if we stand together. So who ever you vote for we need to stand together and I believe that this slate of representatives can do a lot of good for the members if elected.
Remember VOTE!!!

Comments: Actually Michael the LM2’s don’t lie, so lets take a look in 2004 assets $363,223; 2005 assets $343,951; 2006 assets $356,741; 2007 assets $401,130; 2008 assets $466,122; 2009 assets $527,520; 2010 assets $547,808, & 2011 assets $610,904 – not seeing the quadrupling of cash…actually the assets didn’t even double; but, hey maybe it was an honest mistake. What is even more striking, is in your first 3 years you lost money. It was not until 2008 when the good ole boys, the Videtich Bunch, were voted out that there seems to be any significant gain in the treasury; that is when Schaible, Mishak, Bush, and MacTieran (Absalon). Two other things that the future members of Local 591 might want to know is Michael is that he provided a member out on ID, who he chose not to collect dues from for years, with a TWU credit card and allowed her to charge nearly $2000 in unreimbursed expenses. Mike told the Board and membership she was in good standing but was later caught in this lie and ultimately resigned. It was later discovered that he made donations in excess of $25,000 to charities affiliated with Videtich church, the Agape Men’s Ministry of Texas, unfortunately for Mike there are no donation receipts and this matter continues to be investigated by the appropriate authorities…stay tuned. Michael often referred to himself as the “treasury” and chose whom he provided with expenses and other financial goodies. During his terms Kerry Curtis ran up thousands in Credit Card bills for in town meals and paid him $300 a month in mileage, both in violation of the local bylaws. The spending started in his first term where Michael admitted to funding all sorts of in town hotels, meals, and gas for the executive board because he could justify it. One of his classic answers for paying for in town hotels with membership dues was out of his concern for them driving home drunk.

This guy stood in front of the membership and lied with a straight face, resigned when President Peterson asked for him to balance the 2011 books, something Michael was unable to do because he did not get the membership’s money reimbursed from the TWU International because he couldn’t, he simply lied to the executive board and the membership. Do not trust this guy!

Reactions: 3 people
The choice for Bob Owens over Michael Hatfield is simple, Bob represents the members who elect him with conviction and Michael resigned under investigation. Below you will find Michaels Bio and a few comments on his past transgressions.

Michael Hatfield
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Hired October 1988 at DFW
Became a shop steward in 1992
Elected as Financial Secretary in 2003
Re‐elected 2005
Re‐elected 2008
Re‐elected 2011
During my terms in office working with the Executive Board we restructured Local 565s’ financial situation, going from spending more than we were bringing in to quadrupling the cash on hand.
Since becoming a union representative, I have always done and continue to do all I can to help the membership with whatever problem may arise. I want to thank all of those who have supported me in the past and continue to now. The one thing I have always said to everyone that still stands today, I would appreciate your vote but more important is that you vote. We can take the changes forced upon us and turn it into something good if we stand together. So who ever you vote for we need to stand together and I believe that this slate of representatives can do a lot of good for the members if elected.
Remember VOTE!!!

Comments: Actually Michael the LM2’s don’t lie, so lets take a look in 2004 assets $363,223; 2005 assets $343,951; 2006 assets $356,741; 2007 assets $401,130; 2008 assets $466,122; 2009 assets $527,520; 2010 assets $547,808, & 2011 assets $610,904 – not seeing the quadrupling of cash…actually the assets didn’t even double; but, hey maybe it was an honest mistake. What is even more striking, is in your first 3 years you lost money. It was not until 2008 when the good ole boys, the Videtich Bunch, were voted out that there seems to be any significant gain in the treasury; that is when Schaible, Mishak, Bush, and MacTieran (Absalon). Two other things that the future members of Local 591 might want to know is Michael is that he provided a member out on ID, who he chose not to collect dues from for years, with a TWU credit card and allowed her to charge nearly $2000 in unreimbursed expenses. Mike told the Board and membership she was in good standing but was later caught in this lie and ultimately resigned. It was later discovered that he made donations in excess of $25,000 to charities affiliated with Videtich church, the Agape Men’s Ministry of Texas, unfortunately for Mike there are no donation receipts and this matter continues to be investigated by the appropriate authorities…stay tuned. Michael often referred to himself as the “treasury” and chose whom he provided with expenses and other financial goodies. During his terms Kerry Curtis ran up thousands in Credit Card bills for in town meals and paid him $300 a month in mileage, both in violation of the local bylaws. The spending started in his first term where Michael admitted to funding all sorts of in town hotels, meals, and gas for the executive board because he could justify it. One of his classic answers for paying for in town hotels with membership dues was out of his concern for them driving home drunk.

This guy stood in front of the membership and lied with a straight face, resigned when President Peterson asked for him to balance the 2011 books, something Michael was unable to do because he did not get the membership’s money reimbursed from the TWU International because he couldn’t, he simply lied to the executive board and the membership. Do not trust this guy!
Gary why don't you tell us how your management interviews went? Why did AA not want to hire you. Passed over three times. Ouch that must hurt. Not good enough to even make AA management.

Gary no - Brian yes. Happy dayz overspeed, glad to see your back posting in your usual rambling ways!

Reactions: 2 people
Gary no - Brian yes. Happy dayz overspeed, glad to see your back posting in your usual rambling ways!
You're not very smart are you. Assets are different than cash on hand. Assets are cash, buildings, and other property. The cash on hand according to the LM2, Statement A, Line 25 there was $83K at YE 2004. Statement A, Line 22 of the LM2 shows cash on hand as $363K.

You are the liar. The facts ARE in the LM2 but you twisted the facts to fit your argument. Hatfield stated the cash on hand went up during his tenure. Not assets.

Now why don't you tell us the truth about Peterson's interviews to be a manager? Why should we elect a President who really wants to be a manager? Tell us about his cheerleading at AFW for working together.

Gary why don't you tell us how your management interviews went? Why did AA not want to hire you. Passed over three times. Ouch that must hurt. Not good enough to even make AA management.

Hmm, wasnt Jim Little in AA management?

Don't Jim, Don and Bobby enjoy the same privileges that only Senior Management at AA get such as A-5 Travel passes and company paid for Admirals Club membership?

Isnt it true that their pensions from AA are based on what the Union pays them, and they earn two pensions, one from AA and one from the TWU paid for by us?

We all know that Gary put in for jobs in Finance, cant blame a guy for trying something else with what the TWU has done to our careers. (Little went into management when the TWU did a decent job and the airline was a good place to work). Lord knows we cant count on TeAAm Videtich to make things better. TeAAm Videtich threw out all that stuff about Gary during his election at 565 two years ago, the members were aware of it and they knew him well enough to elect him anyway.No manager has done more to help AA's bottom line and rape the mechanics at AA more than TeAAm Videtich.

Hmm, wasnt Jim Little in AA management?

Don't Jim, Don and Bobby enjoy the same privileges that only Senior Management at AA get such as A-5 Travel passes and company paid for Admirals Club membership?

Isnt it true that their pensions from AA are based on what the Union pays them, and they earn two pensions, one from AA and one from the TWU paid for by us?

We all know that Gary put in for jobs in Finance, cant blame a guy for trying something else with what the TWU has done to our careers. (Little went into management when the TWU did a decent job and the airline was a good place to work). Lord knows we cant count on TeAAm Videtich to make things better. TeAAm Videtich threw out all that stuff about Gary during his election at 565 two years ago, the members were aware of it and they knew him well enough to elect him anyway.No manager has done more to help AA's bottom line and rape the mechanics at AA more than TeAAm Videtich.
Thank you Bob for telling the truth about Gary. He did put in for AA management several times and was an ardent supporter of working together for many years at AFW. Pike was the one who pulled down all the working together projects at AFW (then cried about it after they shut down AFW AO) not Gary. So being that you have never supported working together and Gary has and AFW AO is now gone I would say Gary has done more damage to the rape of mechanics than anyone else based on your position on any working together projects.

Gary interviewed not once, not twice, but three times for management and was denied. Let's say Jim was in management, he was in and now he is out working for keeping overhaul jobs. Gary, eh not so much. Just ask all those AFW guys now laid off to other stations or the street (again based on your opinion of working together).

Pensions? I don't know but I will ask around. Your facts are usually distorted. Kind of like Swordfish who claimed that Hatfield lied. Hatfield told the truth but undervalued what he did. He didn't quadruple cash on hand, it was closer to 4.5X. Swordfish should learn how to read the LM2's before quoting the figures.

Overdone, whatever team you endorse, I'll be against.

Your days are numbered. Term D mechanic my arse.

Will gladly welcome you back to the floor.

Can you say nutcracker?

Thank you Bob for telling the truth about Gary. He did put in for AA management several times and was an ardent supporter of working together for many years at AFW. Pike was the one who pulled down all the working together projects at AFW (then cried about it after they shut down AFW AO) not Gary. So being that you have never supported working together and Gary has and AFW AO is now gone I would say Gary has done more damage to the rape of mechanics than anyone else based on your position on any working together projects.

So which is it, did working together help or hurt mechanics?

Gary interviewed not once, not twice, but three times for management and was denied.

How would you know that unless either Gary admitted to it or management fed you that info in a weak attempt to discredit him?

Let's say Jim was in management,

"Let's" not, because Jim Little said it in his deposition.

he was in and now he is out working for keeping overhaul jobs.

How so? By doing away with System protection, making wages so low its not cost effective to outsource it or by making the TWU the only Union to fight against stricter duty time limits with the least amount of vacation, least amount of Holidays, Least amount of sick time and only 1.5X no matter how many hours we work? Yep his TeAAm is fighting so we dont get to do anything but work!

Pensions? I don't know but I will ask around. Your facts are usually distorted.
Look in the SPD for the plan in JetNet.

He didn't quadruple cash on hand, it was closer to 4.5X.

"He" quadrupled it??? How by recieveing and cashing the checks? The members provided those dues, they quadrupled the Treasury, not him. If you want to go by that I did a lot better as Treasuer, we went from ZERO to over $125,000 and paid off our start up loan in less than three years. Thats a lot more than quadrupled.

Reactions: 2 people

Gary interviewed not once, not twice, but three times for management and was denied. Let's say Jim was in management, he was in and now he is out working for keeping overhaul jobs. Gary, eh not so much. Just ask all those AFW guys now laid off to other stations or the street (again based on your opinion of working together).

Pensions? I don't know but I will ask around. Your facts are usually distorted. Kind of like Swordfish who claimed that Hatfield lied. Hatfield told the truth but undervalued what he did. He didn't quadruple cash on hand, it was closer to 4.5X. Swordfish should learn how to read the LM2's before quoting the figures.
Since you are here blowviating about Peterson interviewing for management, would you care to list all the former Team Twu clowns that are ACTUALLY IN SAID CURRENT MANAGEMENT POSITIONS?

Here, I will start you off with the latest one at DFW with some hints. He was involved in Hootergate at AFW. He was photographed by AA Corporate Security loading beer into a boat, and who then assisted him in launching the boat for a day of lake fishing and drinking while on the clock. Now, he is a omnipotent ram rod supervisor at DFW who has managed to piss off just about everyone on the current dock he resides with his "little man" complex. He buys his supervisor uniforms in the kids section. Still gets a Happy Meal at McDonalds for the free toys.

Go ahead and continue the list for us Underspeed, it's a long one.

Reactions: 1 person
Looked at the LM2's, and what I find interesting is that when the Videtich followers were in office, the money barely moved up. Only when there was a turnover in 2008 did the money start to really climb. Tells me that Hatfield wasn't the reason that the local has more money.

Since Team Videtich likes to use quotes like Hitlers, i figured i would add a quote that based on the LM2 shows that Hatfield is not the one who deserves the credit for the turnaround. i figured i would quote Gandhi, and keep the hitler quotes to Team Videtich. :eek:

There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there.

Indira Gandhi

So then we all agree. The info Swordfish put up on this blog is false. The numbers he quoted were assets when Hatfield correctly stated cash on hand quadrupled. Swordfish is a liar and distorter of the truth in the LM2 and Hatfield's campaign statement.

So then we all agree. The info Swordfish put up on this blog is false. The numbers he quoted were assets when Hatfield correctly stated cash on hand quadrupled. Swordfish is a liar and distorter of the truth in the LM2 and Hatfield's campaign statement.

Don't agree as my previous post shows that Hatfield is trying to take credit for something he clearly didn't do on his own. If it was all him, the money would have risen in prior years to. But what do I care, if i ever get a ballot, my vote will be for Bob anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder if the international still has me in local 567.

As Hackman cited the Treasury didnt go up when TeAAm Videtich was running the Local.

What about all the DOL stuff?

Are you conceeding that to be factual or do you deny that as well?

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts