Have You Been Fingerprinted ?

Cris L

Aug 20, 2002
http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040105/airlines_security_1.htm

On Monday the U.S. began fingerprinting and photographing certain foreign travellers arriving at more than 100 U.S. airports.

Where's the announcement of this ? I do not like this at all.

It's making me reconsider my forthcoming trip to the US, scheduled for 2 weeks time. I certainly don't want to be fingerprinted OR photographed everytime I land at an airport, just to visit the USA.

I'm sorry but I think this step is ridiculous.

The 27 fingerprint exempt countries are:

Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Portugal and Singapore.

"I think there's going to be lots of changes as time goes on,'' said Nat Aycox, head of U.S. Customs and Border Protection in San Francisco. He noted that by Oct. 26, all 27 countries exempted from the new program would be required to have citizens' fingerprints encoded in new passports.

Cris L said:
It has been all over the news in the US (which I guess you didnt see since you havent come into the country yet.) Not sure what country you are in, but I'm sure CNN International and or BBC must have had something about it.

tadjr said:
It has been all over the news in the US.
Yes, but when - when it was introduced on January 5th ?

Well thats good enough, because I made plans to visit the US in October, and knew nothing of this, because it would have stopped my planning altogether.

Unfortunately, it now appears that I have to much money invested in this trip to cancel it, but it will highly likely be my last visit to the US.

I choose NOT to spend my money in places that treat me as a criminal - whether thats the local store thats requests fingerprints OR the USA.

Latest posts