Head of the JCS says ban should be lifted.

Clinton established DADT through Executive Order, Obama could repeal it the same way. Oh, wait!

If Obama don’t repeal this soon, he may not have the votes to try again for a long long time. November will be here before you know it. Is Obama going to demand any deadline for DADT repeal or will it be another of his “no, really, soonâ€￾ promises?

Wouldn’t having openly gay members of the military offend openly Jihadi members of the military? Besides, we already have gays in the military. They’re called the Air Force (just messing with the airmen).

Why wouldn't the republicans follow the recommendation of the head of the JCS? After all, they were all gung-ho about Obama following their recommendations for Afghanistan. Even McCain said he think the JCS recommendation should be followed. OH wait, that was before he was in an election year. I guess it's OK to screw over the service men and women in an election cycle.

The ban will be over turned, JCS and the DoD just wanted a year to figure out how to do it. With any luck, the SCOTUS will have the gay marriage case in front of them and we can get that one out of the way at the same time. That shouldput the right wing religious nut jobs clear over the edge.

i'm voting no ... i'm in favor of keeping don't ask don't tell .... it works better that way for all parties involved ...

I think Mullins disagrees with you and I would be willing to bet that the 600 men and women who are kicked out each year would disagree with you as well. Given that fact that we are loosing soldiers left and right in the ME, I would think the DoD would want ever able bodied person they can get.

I am glad that argument did not work for blacks in the military and later on for women.

I think Mullins disagrees with you and I would be willing to bet that the 600 men and women who are kicked out each year would disagree with you as well. Given that fact that we are loosing soldiers left and right in the ME, I would think the DoD would want ever able bodied person they can get.

I am glad that argument did not work for blacks in the military and later on for women.

unlike being black or a woman , no one can tell by looking at a person ...