Health Care

That Ramp is a good question! ------ After "ObamaCare" kicks in, who knows what coverage any of us will have? ------- Just remember you may have voted for him!-----But I didn't!!!

Reactions: 4 people
That Ramp is a good question! ------ After "ObamaCare" kicks in, who knows what coverage any of us will have? ------- Just remember you may have voted for him!-----But I didn't!!!

Stop listening to Rush, he gets paid millions to fool the weak minded. A question you should be asking, why doesn't the house of representatives defund Obamacare? I'm sure you know in the constitution the house controls the purse, and the republicans control the house. Check article 1, don't blame Pelosi either, Boehner doesn't bring anything for a vote unless the republicans will vote it in.

Obamacare came right out of the heritage foundation (conservative think tank) the insurance company's are making billions off this bill, what congressman is going to actually vote against that?

During negotiations the company switched tactics and went to "national averages for other large industries (Walmart etc etc)" for health care costs. they did this because it favored them as in this industry employees, union and non-union, typically enjoy comparatively good health benefits. Videtich who prohibited "cherry picking" from our side of the table said nothing and allowed the company to continue to present their cherry picked presentation to the Committees. Don never objected when the company cherry picked but would intervene whenever we did the same. Guess he felt as a Christian that we should turn the other cheek, only his cheeks weren't getting smacked, at least not there.

I walked away from AA's plans. I wont bother to call them benefits as I was paying more than I got out of it.

The company claimed that the average was $10,000 in medical per employee, that would be the average between those like me that claimed much less to those with serious illnesses who claimed much, much more. My overpayment helped the company satisfy its obligations to to those who used more medical services. No matter which plan we took, if we used $10,000 in services we would pay around $7000 between the cost of the coverage, copays and deductibles in other words it only cost the company around $3000 per employee, which is less than what each employee pays for the coverage. While the company may claim they lay out more, most of what they lay out is monies they took from the employees for the coverage. Basically a 21st century version of the company store.

We opted to go for my wife's coverage, not only is it cheaper but its much less hassles and they pay for pretty much everything. We don't get hit with all the copays and deductibles or have to fight to get paid for stuff their doctors prescribe that the insurance claims they don't pay for.

What I truly find amazing is how people in this country can be so stupid. The Russ Limbough following lemmings who time and time again screw themselves and listen to shysters who rip them off. Canada has socialized medicine, nearly all of Europe. Nobody, despite all the money behind the Insurance companies has switched back. Why? Because it works. Are there problems ? Sure, but the stuff that the far right and Insurance companies threw out there made our peers in Europe and Canada laugh, much like a Jerry Springer episode. I said many times before about how I experienced both systems when I had Kidney Stones, once in the richest country in the world and once in one of the poorest countries in Europe. The care I received under Socialized medicine in the poorer country was far superior. I find it amusing that one of the biggest opponents of Socialized medicine on this blog is someone who is part of the limited socialized medical system we have. Next time you go to the Doctor tell him that whatever your private insurer doesn't pay that you as a bootstrap pulling American will pay, that you will not accept subsidies for your condition from the government. Return your Social Security checks as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Bobby, Bobby,-------- I paid into Social Security starting when I was 15 years old on my first job tell I retired at 68. Now, your trying to tell me my SS checks are "subsidies" from the Government? ------- Think again!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Bobby, Bobby,-------- I paid into Social Security starting when I was 15 years old on my first job tell I retired at 68. Now, your trying to tell me my SS checks are "subsidies" from the Government? ------- Think again!!!
That's what your republican buddies are calling it.
The reality is that's how it works, we all pay in and we all get something, that's Socialized pensions and Socialized medicine vs privatized for profit medicine and Pensions (especially 401ks etc) where we pay in to support multimillion dollar salaries and soaring stock prices and maybe get something. Social security, if you are 68 then you probably already collected more than you paid into the system, and what you paid in 50 years ago, that went to your parents. One of the reasons for the switch to 401Ks is that the banks figured they could collect more fees from millions of inattentive investors through 401ks than have to compete and account for their fees through a few pension managers, another is killing pensions was a not so hidden paycut. People accepted Pensions instead of raises , then years later they took the pensions away but didn't restore the value for the wages that were given for those pensions.

Reactions: 3 people
What Health Care Options does AA offer their ramp employees?
Blue Cross BlueShield,Aetna,myuhc.com,Rx Prescriptions,MetLife{Dental}Spectra Vision.
Coverage all depends on who is covered and how much out of pocket you want to pay. I'm a part-timer and it is no different from a full-timer in any class for the same coverage.

Reactions: 1 person
Bob, again you don't get it ! ------- I didn't start collecting my SS until I retired at 68! I paid into it over a period of 53 years. I've worked since I was 15. and I don't expect to see half of what I've put into it in my life time!------ I've earned everything I have, without the help of the Government, and don't expect, or want, any government hand outs! There are no free lunchs out there people! But I do expect to be paid what was promised me, and what I paid for, which includes many things, including SS!

l
That's what your republican buddies are calling it.
The reality is that's how it works, we all pay in and we all get something, that's Socialized pensions and Socialized medicine vs privatized for profit medicine and Pensions (especially 401ks etc) where we pay in to support multimillion dollar salaries and soaring stock prices and maybe get something. Social security, if you are 68 then you probably already collected more than you paid into the system, and what you paid in 50 years ago, that went to your parents. One of the reasons for the switch to 401Ks is that the banks figured they could collect more fees from millions of inattentive investors through 401ks than have to compete and account for their fees through a few pension managers, another is killing pensions was a not so hidden paycut. People accepted Pensions instead of raises , then years later they took the pensions away but didn't restore the value for the wages that were given for those pensions.
"We pay in (Are you refuring to SS?) to support multimillion dallar salaries and soaring stock prices" Would you please explain. ----- Let me make myself clear. I'm not against " universal health care". But I am against this paticular form of it. It will turn this country into a country of "part time hamberger flippers!" This is suposed to be the "Land of the Free"? Not when I'm forced to buy something I may not want, or need, by the Goernment just to give someone else a free ride!!!------ I'm sorry Bob, but I want more than that for my kids, and grand kids!!!

Bob, again you don't get it ! ------- I didn't start collecting my SS until I retired at 68! I paid into it over a period of 53 years. I've worked since I was 15. and I don't expect to see half of what I've put into it in my life time!------ I've earned everything I have, without the help of the Government, and don't expect, or want, any government hand outs! There are no free lunchs out there people! But I do expect to be paid what was promised me, and what I paid for, which includes many things, including SS!
Vote for your Tea Party candidates and you won't get it. They and their GOP siblings consider SS and Medicare as "Entitlements" and would like nothing better than to see them go away. Remember when W wanted to "Fix" Social Security? Then the market crashed and we didn't hear any more about it. Yeah, the Demos are not any better but at least they are not trying to steal the SS and Medicare away from seniors. I am due to collect SS at 67 and I fear that the GOP will have it destroyed by then. With the 401Ks depended on the stock market, and a frozen/reduced pension that may or may not be still available to me I must plan on working until I can no longer get around. This is the future our wonderful TWU has negotiated for us. Less money for retirement and no medical insurance. They have stolen our retirement but maybe we can salvage something for the people who come after us.

l
"We pay in (Are you refuring to SS?) to support multimillion dallar salaries and soaring stock prices" Would you please explain. ----- Let me make myself clear. I'm not against " universal health care". But I am against this paticular form of it. It will turn this country into a country of "part time hamberger flippers!" This is suposed to be the "Land of the Free"? Not when I'm forced to buy something I may not want, or need, by the Goernment just to give someone else a free ride!!!------ I'm sorry Bob, but I want more than that for my kids, and grand kids!!!
Oh yeah the land of the free. Freedom for corporations to influence elections and strip workers of hard earned benefits. And since you have obviously not been paying attention, about the only jobs corporate America has not outsourced, besides executive management, are the hamburger flipper jobs. I have a sister that is a nurse practitioner and vacations in Canada often. She has seen both health care systems and says Canada's is superior. I value her opinion since she works in the system here and has for many years. The U.S. has become a throw away society and now seniors are throw aways.

Reactions: 7 people
Oh yeah the land of the free. Freedom for corporations to influence elections and strip workers of hard earned benefits. And since you have obviously not been paying attention, about the only jobs corporate America has not outsourced, besides executive management, are the hamburger flipper jobs. I have a sister that is a nurse practitioner and vacations in Canada often. She has seen both health care systems and says Canada's is superior. I value her opinion since she works in the system here and has for many years. The U.S. has become a throw away society and now seniors are throw aways.
O.K.old timer! Let's dump Obamacare and adopt Canada's system! Anything is superior to what they're trying to shove down our throats. And I'm not the one not paying attention! I said I favor a heath care plan for all, only not this one!

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts