Hearsay,Sources and Hit Jobs !! NOT this TIME !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NewHampshire Black Bears, Sep 9, 2020.

1. delldude

delldude Veteran

Actually, I could give a damn.....I just hate to see you spreading retread liberal lies. Thought you were better than that
    [​IMG]

2. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

Maybe I should stop quoting Trump.

3. delldude

delldude Veteran

You and your liberal wonks attempt to make the quote into something it never was.

4. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

Trump quotes are not what he said?

5. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

#50 Kev3188, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    As a nation, we keep separating COVID and the economy, and thinking we have to choose one or the other ("the cure could be worse than the disease!"). We should be thinking about them in tandem- as in, the economy doesn't get fixed until the disease does.

First, let's erase the Left/right stuff from the larger conversation. When it comes to public health, we're Americans. That's it. We can pick up the fighting after that.

Massive upscale in testing/tracing for starters. Make sure they're accessible to everyone- not just those with means. If I can get a test shipped to my front door, there's no reason why everyone else can't.

For rapid testing, there are methods available that can be scaled today. let's do that. A good read here, if interested: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...every-american-for-covid-19-every-day/615217/

Change the narrative around masks. IMO, looking out for each other is as patriotic as it gets. Right now, that means wearing a mask. That also means millions of people need to hear that from the GOP leadership. Let's stop being babies, throw the damn thing on for a few weeks, and get on with it.

Fix/rebuild the supply chain so that when this happens again-and it will- we actually stand a fighting chance.

Start listening to science and data again. No more using Facebook "hot takes" from someone we went to HS with as an information source.

6. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Well I had COVID.

I was hospitalized.

I still don't think it is worth tanking the economy over COVID.

I already had to be sick so now you want me to be broke to?

No.

NO!!

7. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Rapid testing is at best a snapshot in time. It will tell you if you're clean today, but it's worthless three days from now, and won't tell you if you had it back in January (which I likely did).

Contact tracing is simply not an option most folks are OK with. You might be willing to be tracked 24/7 but I'm not.

8. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

You likely did not have COVID in January 2020. Where do you come up with such dumb stuff?

9. NewHampshire Black Bears

" The M O R O N wasn't for telling Americans the severity of Covid, Before he Was " !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Meanwhile Nancy was dancing in Chinatown and Bloomberg kept schools open weeks past the point other cities had pulled the plug. I could go on and share video of prominent Democrats saying “it’s no worse than the flu” but I know you’d ignore facts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

Bloomberg kept schools open? Where do you come up with this dumb stuff?

12. NewHampshire Black Bears

Dog'.

We have to realize from a point of humanity, it's REALLY TOUGH, for a person who THINKS he KNOWS Every F thing, that doesn't know his arse from his ELBOW !!

13. Miso Phat.....

Maybe you should quit taking Trumps quotes out context.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. delldude

delldude Veteran

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

The context is Trump has been downplaying the pandemic and killing people in the process.