Herb Kelleher dead at 87

Rest in Peace. One of the great innovators in airline history. Who would have ever thought that a lot of customers would just as soon get a good, low fare from Point A to Point B and forego the "meal?"

Rest in Peace Herb
03-HerbKellerfeatured-600x0-c-default.jpg

Thanks to Herb for his vision and his Servant Leadership, his personality,
his contagious laugh and for LUVing his employees and his airline.There is no one else
like Herb. He always took the time to talk with and enjoy his employees and I always
enjoyed talking with him. His Message to the Field was always superb and much
anticipated every year. I've always been proud to be a part of the SWA Family (1982).
Herb's legacy will live on forever and we were all blessed to be a part of it.
Herb, to you- We will all miss you, we will never forget you and we will always LUV you.
Sharon

A Boy and His Airline – Texas Monthly

Last edited:
Rest in Peace Herb
View attachment 13650

Thanks to Herb for his vision and his Servant Leadership, his personality,
his contagious laugh and for LUVing his employees and his airline.There is no one else
like Herb. He always took the time to talk with and enjoy his employees and I always
enjoyed talking with him. His Message to the Field was always superb and much
anticipated every year. I've always been proud to be a part of the SWA Family.
Herb's legacy will live on forever and we were all blessed to be a part of it.
Herb, to you- We will all miss you, we will never forget you and we will always LUV you.
Sharon

A Boy and His Airline – Texas Monthly

Well done and said.
I still remember the days he would take time to visit us mechanics on the floor. He did become such a distraction that he was asked, several times, to please leave as we had so much work to do. Don't take this wrong, but he was so attached to us he wouldn't leave until he was ran off so the mechanics would get back to work. We always made time for Herb when he would come visit (for hours) not just a quicky. He was the only one allowed to smoke throughout the hangars.
Sharon, I too had very personal and detailed run-ins if you will with Herb. One while traveling, one while working with his Harleys in the hangars, and one after one of our "Jack Daniels" single barrel trips to Tn. and this one was along with Colleen as well, who I also miss dearly. And none of these include the multiple times we have had run-ins with him and or her while working, and while attending the many, many parties throughout the years. He even took the time to come in for the eve and grave shifts at some of the events and parties.
No one will ever take the place of these two. They definitely knew how to take care of their employees, the customers and our company.
They will never be forgotten. Herb and Colleen forever in my mind...