Here come the New Hires!

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
Starting Nov 5th, 2012. AA is going to start hiring 1500 new hire flight attendants. Interviews starting in Dec, 2012. Classes to start in late Jan 2013. Finally!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Good news!!! But don't you know this site has become the TWU #### board and any good news does not get addressed?

Reactions: 2 people
Good news! I predict that AA gets at least 100,000 applicants and can afford to be very selective.

They made mention of some sort of "questionnaire" online that will make sure they fit the new culture of AA. Not sure where they are going with that. Before you just answered if you knew any languages, we're willing to work nights, weekends and holidays and if you were willing to relocate. Sounds like they want people who won't get caught up in all the crap management causes and horrible decisions that management makes everyday. Maybe they will be implanted with a chip that makes them swoon when they hear Horton sing his southern folksy, aww shucks I'm not as stupid as I sound voice. The sooner the new hires are here the better. The sooner the moron at the top leaves, that would make my day! I wish the "new AA" would operate honestly and with morals and values. Why is that asking too much?

Rogallo, if they are too young and too cute, AA will be in trouble. The pilots will be dying on the jetbridges. I'm not sure their tickers can handle the adjustment.

Reactions: 3 people
A difficult part of the questionnaire will be on the proper presentation of the napkin covered tray, arrangement of the water glasses and the cafecito coffee in fine china cups as well as uniform presentation and poise when serving the
pilots during their mid morning inflight coffee service. :lol:

Go to the 1:25 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlQ_9sOvzWo

The captain reminded me of a younger Danny DeVito; plenty of space for that captain to stretch out.

plenty of space for that captain to stretch out.

You're not kidding. Outside of the steam gauges, the total cockpit cubic footage looks like it rivals the Space Shuttle. 4 guys and a FA appear to have plenty of space.

Now compare that to a B737 "Next Generation" cockpit. The noise is just as bad as that 1950's IL-62, and the cockpit is closer in size to a two man Gemini capsule. It is basically a miserable experience during a long duty day.

I just hope the current bad attitude f/a's don't infect the new hires with all their anti AA rhetoric. Those bad attitude FA's had the chance to leave with some cash. Reminder to all the FA's that work at AA, you chose to stay at AA!!!!!!

It has been a long time sense any of us have looked for a job, any job that offers full medical benefits and travel benefits, for a job that requires nothing more then a high school diploma, is a job worth having. When Delta was looking for 500 FA's they had 85,000 applicants.

So what I'm saying is, be nothing more then welcoming to the new hires, you chose to stay.

I just hope the current bad attitude f/a's don't infect the new hires with all their anti AA rhetoric. Those bad attitude FA's had the chance to leave with some cash. Reminder to all the FA's that work at AA, you chose to stay at AA!!!!!!

It has been a long time sense any of us have looked for a job, any job that offers full medical benefits and travel benefits, for a job that requires nothing more then a high school diploma, is a job worth having. When Delta was looking for 500 FA's they had 85,000 applicants.

So what I'm saying is, be nothing more then welcoming to the new hires, you chose to stay.

Are you applying?

When I started flying, I was recruited from college. The majors, (TWA and Pan Am) actually came on campus and recruited. AA needs to change its corporate culture if they want to be successful. Don't blame the current f/as. I love how people love to "assume" they know the requirements of a f/a. Very few have just an HSD. Most have multiple degrees and speak several languages. Being a f/a is still a draw to nurses and teachers, and lawyers and social workers and police officers and business majors. I will be willing to bet AA hires more "mature" f/as. Not as much drama, faster turn over to keep salary cap low, and with the demise of retiree insurance the cheapest hire. Also, no maternity and for the most part a better work ethic, Bets?

Are you applying?

I wish i would have been a FA instead of a Mech, make more money as a FA, with more days off, and AA works out mutual deals for flightcrews to fly on other airlines for free. And until next year pay half as much for health ins for the same coverage.

My neighbor is an AA FA. He works extra trips but still works less then I do. I'm jealous more then anything, poor career choice by me.

In the middle of winter while we're working through ice storms, he's working in the carribean.

When I started flying, I was recruited from college. The majors, (TWA and Pan Am) actually came on campus and recruited. AA needs to change its corporate culture if they want to be successful. Don't blame the current f/as. I love how people love to "assume" they know the requirements of a f/a. Very few have just an HSD. Most have multiple degrees and speak several languages. Being a f/a is still a draw to nurses and teachers, and lawyers and social workers and police officers and business majors. I will be willing to bet AA hires more "mature" f/as. Not as much drama, faster turn over to keep salary cap low, and with the demise of retiree insurance the cheapest hire. Also, no maternity and for the most part a better work ethic, Bets?

I didn't say FA's weren't educated, just said only high school diploma necessary education to be a FA.

your quote "Very few have just an HSD"

Just read an article about a SWA FA who left banking after 20 years to be a FA, she is in her 50s.