Here We Go Again

phllax said:
I was on a USX Mesa CRJ over Thanksgiving weekend with 2 FA jumpseats, one at the front and one at the back.

That is quite possible....The CO EX jet (50 Seater) that I was on the other day had a J/S in the Back.... BUT.. NO Flight Attendant would sit there if they were the ONLY Flight Attendant. That would be utilized with either a 2nd F/A or a Flight Attedant Jumpseater.

Just wanted to go a Little more into detail on that for you.... Light Years answered your question but I wanted to make sure you knew that just because that Jumpseat is there DOES NOT mean the only Flight Attendant on board would be using it...IE the Evacuation..... !!!!!!!

PineyBob said:
Dear Colby & Light Years.

Thank you for an explanation of something that I as a Customer was not fully aware of. I found the thread quite interesting and the debate civil as well as informative.

If I ever notice this I will certainly call Consumer Affairs, Safety is Number One and God forbid we ever have to find out if a F/A can get from the back to the front to assist in a timely evacuation.

Glad to be of some good !!!! Hey, who knows maybe when you fly Express you'll request either a 1st row or a Window Exit...At Least after all you've learned being on here you'll be able to save yourself and Others!!!! MAKE SURE TO PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE DEMO !!!! ;)

Colby,

I am curious if you heard anything back from CA on this issue? I recently flew on a Mesa ERJ flight and noticed that the F/A was sitting in 1A instead of his jumpseat. I waited until everyone was off the airplane and asked him why he wasn't using his jumpseat. He replied, "Because I don't have to. 1A is the alternate jumpseat, plus it is cold by that door." While he wasn't sitting in the back of the aircraft, I still feel that it is inappropriate to be sitting anywhere but the jumpseat, when it is operable. The jumpseat is there for a reason. It is designed differently the a passenger seat for a reason. If the primary jumpseat is operational, then your butt better be in it.

Back