Honor Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely done indeed.

I'm also grateful that this final flight was on a WB. Offloading a casket from a DC9/MD88/90 is decidedly less graceful.
yet the vast majority of flights within the US are on narrowbodies... not sure if this was an int'l or domestic flight - the general area looks domestic - but I would think that any airline that carries HRs is capable of making the operation look respectable regardless of the aircraft used.

The loader does add a special touch but I'm not sure that (gloved) human hands couldn't look just as classy if not more so.

WorldTraveler said:
yet the vast majority of flights within the US are on narrowbodies... not sure if this was an int'l or domestic flight - the general area looks domestic - but I would think that any airline that carries HRs is capable of making the operation look respectable regardless of the aircraft used.

The loader does add a special touch but I'm not sure that (gloved) human hands couldn't look just as classy if not more so.
Not speaking for him- but I notice he didn't say 'narrow body', he specified which type of aircraft. I'm guessing you've never loaded/unloaded HR in one of those fleet types? Can be kind of a pain in the a, and looks anything but classy.

Reactions: 1 person
here is his statement.

Nicely done indeed.

I'm also grateful that this final flight was on a WB. Offloading a casket from a DC9/MD88/90 is decidedly less graceful.
Perhaps I am wrong but what else does the abbreviation WB mean if not widebody?

I am well aware that the McD-D narrowbody family bins are tight but it doesn't change that the vast majority of domestic flights are on narrowbody aircraft. Any narrowbody aircraft is going to be decidedly less graceful than a WB even if the McD-D narrowbodies might be the most challenging.

Congrats to DL and its employees for voluntarily leading an effort to honor the fallen military.

BTW, the link was posted here before and I received it via email from several non-airline employees.

blue collar said:
Not speaking for him- but I notice he didn't say 'narrow body', he specified which type of aircraft. I'm guessing you've never loaded/unloaded HR in one of those fleet types? Can be kind of a pain in the a, and looks anything but classy.

Exactly. And thank you for recognizing that there were 2 separate statements in there.

That anyone would want to quibble about fallen soliders deserving as graceful of return home as possible is beyond me, but here we are.

Reactions: 2 people

WorldTraveler said:
BTW, the link was posted here before and I received it via email from several non-airline employees.

So who cares if the video was posted before.... Mods please lock this thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.