Hope & Change

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
HE TRULY IS A PRESIDENT OF FIRSTS!
A gallon of regular gasoline the day Obama was inaugurated was $1.79 on average in the U.S. Today that price is $3.59, a 100.6% increase. The number of food stamp recipients has risen since Obama took office from 31,983,716 to 43,200,878, a 35.1% jump. Long term unemployment soared 146.2% during the same 34 month period from 2,600,000 to 6,400,000. Staggering hope and change isn’t it?
American citizens living in poverty have risen 9.5% from 39,800,000 to 43,600,000, and the number of unemployed has jumped almost 25% from 11,616,000 to 14,485,000 as of August 31, 2011. The number of unemployed blacks has risen from 12.6% at the end of George Bush’s term to 15.8% today, a 25.4% increase, and finally, our national debt is up 44.3% from 10.627 trillion to 15.337 trillion.
Keep these figures in mind as we recount the number of firsts for this presidency:
First President to refuse to show a valid birth certificate.
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student then denies he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to defy a Federal Judges court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on shovel-ready jobs and later admit there was no such thing as shovel-ready jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to encourage racial discrimination and intimidation at polling places.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly speak-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state they are allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 Czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office.
First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to coddle American enemies while alienating America’s allies.
First President to go on multiple global apology tours.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends, paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to refuse to wear the U.S. Flag lapel pin.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000.00 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Qur’an tells us, and openly admits the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
Remember that in 37months of Obama ‘We the people’ have accumulated national debt at a rate of more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our nation’s entire history.
Hope and change anyone?

* sources: U.S. Energy Information Administration, Wall Street Journal, Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Dept. of Labor, Standard & Poors/Case-Shiller, Federal Reserve, US Treasury, Heritage Foundation.
“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” John Adams 1826

Reactions: 2 people
No, he is not. (nor is the person who actually wrote what he plagiarized by cutting and pasting)

Look here

It was on my Facebook page uncited.
Some of the stuff is clearly a stretch. As for plagiarizing I learned that from Joe Biden! If the VP can skate through college plagiarizing why can't I do the same on an internet bulletin board?

The point being is that the Empty Suit is just that? Empty of the virtues required to hold office. Also did you not see the sources of the information cited at the end of the article? So off my ass.

When they take Biden's degree away then I'll stop posting without citation.

Reactions: 1 person
Gallup Finds Unemployment Climbing to Nine Percent in February
By Matt Cover
February 20, 2012

A man looking for work stands on a street corner in Portland, Maine. (AP)
(CNSNews.com) – Unemployment in the U.S. rose to nine percent in mid-February, up from 8.3 percent a month earlier, according to a new Gallup survey. The polling company said this suggests that it is “premature” to assume the economy will not feature prominently in the 2012 election season.

So who do YOU believe? An Empty suit trying to get re=elected or a respected poll organization like Gallup?

MORE

So who do YOU believe? An Empty suit trying to get re=elected or a respected poll organization like Gallup?

MORE
Gallup poll

I totally trust Gallup and their organization. I have read many of their books. I go to the source when one of their polls are cited in an article because many times their polls have many different facets and need to be looked at in their entirety to get a complete picture.

What we need to know is how Tom Barry going to handle this news?

Throw in some 5 buck gas and Alfred E Neuman could win. His parents are natural born BTW.
We should just elect a Gingrich/Bachmann ticket. Newt has a $2.50/gl gas plan that all economists have panned. And Bachmann guaranteed $2/gl gas.

Of course this bit of news throws water on the talking points that we are drilling less domestically:

Remember Michele Bachmann’s critique of President Obama’s energy policy? “We have resources from coal to oil to natural gas,” she said. “The problem is, under the EPA, they’ve been busy locking up (supplies), especially under President Obama.” Now, the Interior Department controls oil and gas leases, not the EPA, but never mind. Obama, the argument goes, is preventing us from harnessing our vast oil supplies.

But is this actually true? Not according to the chart on the right, courtesy of the Wall Street Journal. The number of rigs in the United States has been soaring during the Obama years. Oil drilling is up nearly 60 percent in the past year alone. True, Obama administration actions aren’t really responsible for the frenzy. As the Journal notes, the main contributing factors are better drilling technology and high crude prices, both of which make it possible — and profitable — for companies to tap new reserves in North Dakota, Texas, Ohio and elsewhere. Bottom-scraping natural gas prices have also prodded energy companies to shift their focus to oil. But in any case, Obama doesn’t appear to have thwarted the boom in oil production.

link

Over at Climate Progress, Joe Romm puts together his own chart, using data from the Energy Information Administration, showing that U.S. field production of crude oil is up significantly since 2008. As a result, oil imports have shrunk 11 percent in the past year. The United States is becoming more energy independent. But here’s the kicker — gas prices are still significantly higher this year than they were in 2010. It’s almost as if additional U.S. oil production is too small in the global scheme of things to affect prices at the pump in any sizeable way. (Though one could argue that extra production is keeping oil prices from going even higher than they otherwise would.)

In any case, that’s all context for Bachmann’s promise that she can ratchet gas prices down below $2 per gallon by cranking up domestic production. This boost is already happening under the Obama administration, and gas prices aren’t exactly flying downwards.

drilling%20rigs.jpg

What we need to know is how Tom Barry going to handle this news?

Throw in some 5 buck gas and Alfred E Neuman could win. His parents are natural born BTW.

As far as the U E #'s go, it's like that Tom Cruise Movie...."Show me the Money", meaning that the last batch of numbers came in(Nationwide) at U E-8.3%. (still unexceptable).

If the next batch come in @ 7.9%, well that will be (begrudgingly to SOME) as exceptable.

Whats happening in the state of Maine, might not be happening in Massachusetts, or Connecticut, or Washington state etc.

SO (say it again TOM)
" Show me the money/numbers"

Till then,
LEAN FORWARD !

PS,

As far as NEWT(x3) or Bachman Or the whole GD GOP is concerned, ...Have NO Fear, because they have a RELIGIOUS FANATIC cleaning everybody's Clock in the Repug primary in lil' RICKY !

Gas could be $9 a gallon...........and the US women alone would propel B O to 4 more years.

WOW, I NEVER/EVER thought you REPUGS. would be YEARNING for ol' MITT ! :p :p

As far as the U E #'s go, it's like that Tom Cruise Movie...."Show me the Money", meaning that the last batch of numbers came in(Nationwide) at U E-8.3%. (still unexceptable).

If the next batch come in @ 7.9%, well that will be (begrudgingly to SOME) as exceptable.

Whats happening in the state of Maine, might not be happening in Massachusetts, or Connecticut, or Washington state etc.

SO (say it again TOM)
" Show me the money/numbers"

Till then,
LEAN FORWARD !

PS,

As far as NEWT(x3) or Bachman Or the whole GD GOP is concerned, ...Have NO Fear, because they have a RELIGIOUS FANATIC cleaning everybody's Clock in the Repug primary in lil' RICKY !

Gas could be $9 a gallon...........and the US women alone would propel B O to 4 more years.

WOW, I NEVER/EVER thought you REPUGS. would be YEARNING for ol' MITT ! :p :p

Its Indies who will send Obama packing.

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

I don't understand these people who voted for him and NOW all of a sudden they're "disappointed" in him? DaH! Did you EVEN look behind all the razz ma tazz and rhetoric? I don't know what this man's goal is, but He is destroying this republic, and the Dems along with it. So, scary and sad. Scarry
Oboma took $10,000 away from my sisters SS disability and he gave 2B$ to Brazil for them to drill THEIR oil so we can buy it back? Give me a break, anybody is better than this man..

Latest posts