HOUSTON / TEXAS, HYPOCRISY !

realizing it now, I mean by voting against your own best interests. our politicians and some of our employers had a big role in this mess.

and... raising the minimum wage gives your family in the trades a shot at earning more.

if you weld in construction for $25/hr
but the janitor makes $20 your family automatically has negotiating power. they also have the choice to push a broom at sixty instead of wearing out their bodies.

OK I will repeat myself...... again.

Raising the minimum wage does not work because the market always corrects to cancel the raise out. Raising the minimum wage does nothing to improve living conditions, it only makes it more expensive to live.

It does not matter if they get a raise because the market self corrects. They make more money but things are more expensive.

Minimum wage creates a base if you will and when that base increases everything else increases in response.

What good does it do to get a raise when the market raises prices?

I really don't understand why people fighting for a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage can't grasp this simple concept.

you have valid points.

I dont see how deporting 11million people who keep wages low for American workers will keep the costs of things low with that supply& demand thing.

Yet, you conveniently neglect to explain how costs and expenses will remain stable with a shortage of workers after mass deportation.
Would it do any good if I did?

I honestly should not have to explain it. There are many countries that do not tolerate illegal immigration and they do just fine.

Would it do any good if I did?

I honestly should not have to explain it. There are many countries that do not tolerate illegal immigration and they do just fine.

Which countries are they? We should copy them...I'll bet that a lot of those countries have some form of "socialized medicine" and they do just fine too....If we copy them, can we copy more than just their immigration stance?

Can Puerto Ricans help rebuild Houston.
Sure. Why not. They live in a United States territory.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-03-03/are-puerto-ricans-american-citizens

Only 43 percent answered that Puerto Ricans were U.S. citizens. Today, being born in Puerto Rico is tantamount to being born in the United States. ... Since 1898, Congress has debated 101 bills related to citizenship in Puerto Rico and enacted 11 overlapping citizenship laws.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-...ome-u-s-citizens-are-recruited-for-war-effort

On March 2, 1917, Wilson signed the Jones-Shafroth Act, under which Puerto Rico became a U.S. territory and Puerto Ricans were granted statutory citizenship, meaning that citizenship was granted by an act of Congress and not by the Constitution (thus it was not guaranteed by the Constitution).

Which countries are they? We should copy them...I'll bet that a lot of those countries have some form of "socialized medicine" and they do just fine too....If we copy them, can we copy more than just their immigration stance?

Japan and Australia come to mind.

As far as socialized medicine.... that has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about. We have already gone over that and I showed you proof that every country YOU listed (every single one) had cut their socialized medicine budget by BILLIONS. I made my thoughts on it clear then and I don't care to repeat myself. Nice attempt at deflection though.

Japan and Australia come to mind.

As far as socialized medicine.... that has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about. We have already gone over that and I showed you proof that every country YOU listed (every single one) had cut their socialized medicine budget by BILLIONS. I made my thoughts on it clear then and I don't care to repeat myself. Nice attempt at deflection though.
I'm just saying that maybe we should look at more than just imigration policies....might be some good stuff there.

I'm just saying that maybe we should look at more than just imigration policies....might be some good stuff there.
Oh, I am sure some liberal will come along and mandate whats best for us sooner or later. I mean, Obamacare worked out well, right?

You were just nothing...... I derailed your work of fiction and you tried to switch tracks.

Didn't try to change tracks at all. Just saying that it's kind of refreshing to see someone who proudly shouts "USA" as a show of patriotism recognize that other countries might do some things better than we do. Just hoping that in this moment of open mindedness you might see some of the OTHER things the two countries you cite do better than us.

Latest posts