How can Christians support Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling they will be focusing more on the New Testament....you know...the one where Jesus forgave the prostitute and said "he who is without sin cast the first stone" instead of citing their usual Leviticus.

I have a feeling they will be focusing more on the New Testament....you know...the one where Jesus forgave the prostitute and said "he who is without sin cast the first stone" instead of citing their usual Leviticus.

I don't agree.
Most Christians that promote hate quote from the old testament.
I have searched through many churches before I found one that promotes Christian values in accordance with the New Testament.
Maybe I am wrong, but I never quote (read it a couple of times) the Old Testament.
Regardless, Trump is GODless.
Not really a poster boy for Christian values.
JMPO

I don't agree.
Most Christians that promote hate quote from the old testament.
I have searched through many churches before I found one that promotes Christian values in accordance with the New Testament.
Maybe I am wrong, but I never quote (read it a couple of times) the Old Testament.
Regardless, Trump is GODless.
Not really a poster boy for Christian values.
JMPO
I don't doubt any of that....I posted because in the past the "Christian right" tended to cite a lot of the Old Testament to condemn and prove their point. Very rare, if ever did they cite the testament that introduced this "Christ" guy to the scene.

At my "church"...and I use that term loosely, on any given Sunday there are citations from scripture (New Testament), but we are a much more accepting (read that as "liberal" if you want to) of the diversity in our lives. We believe in God...we just think he's got better things to do than keep tabs on everything we are doing wrong in our lives so he can condemn us to hell for eternity. We view him as kind of a nice guy.

I'm all for people following the religion of their choice...but I'd rather not have their religion dictating the laws in my country.

You talk about Trump. But nothing is said about Bill and Hillary?........ And they are the great hope of Christianity?...... Last I heard she had some disparaging remarks about Catholics and Evangelicals.The Church is under direct persecution like never before in this country from the "politically correct" left because of their beliefs. Thousands of Christians in the Mid-east have been displaced or killed, and Hillary as Secretary of State, and the Obama administration have said, or worse still, have done nothing! Yet you have the gall to criticize Trump?

Reactions: Hackman
You talk about Trump. But nothing is said about Bill and Hillary?........ And they are the great hope of Christianity?...... Last I heard she had some disparaging remarks about Catholics and Evangelicals.The Church is under direct persecution like never before in this country from the "politically correct" left because of their beliefs. Thousands of Christians in the Mid-east have been displaced or killed, and Hillary as Secretary of State, and the Obama administration have said, or worse still, have done nothing! Yet you have the gall to criticize Trump?

Insp4...I grew up Catholic in the south in the 60's. I was spit on by a kid who sneered "your a ROMAN CATHOLIC".....as if there were something wrong with that. ANd from what I read even today, Catholics are not considered "Christian" by the evangelicals who want our laws based on THEIR religion. They want to bring back prayer in schools....but Katie bar the door if it happens and the Catholic Principal of a public school leads them in a Hail Mary over the intercom. They aren't Christians, yet in every single Catholic church, the cross has the GUY on it. His name is Jesus CHRIST. But since we aren't Christians, he must just be the kid of Joseph and Mary Christ.

Trump and Hillary for that matter can worship a goat for all I care - I would prefer that "Christian values" be left out of our government.

Like I said...believe what you want - just don't make my government believe it as well.

I fully believe Hillary will do more harm to the country and citizens than Trump......

Got it?

As an aside, I think he will cause many Congressional lifers to seek the upper forty which is good also.

I do. But a friend of a friend on Facebook who lives in North Carolina posted that she is so torn in this election, but if Godly men like Franklin Graham support Trump, then she will too. Her vote is based on what a "Godly" person would do. I would prefer that she base her vote on her own conscience.

So the way I read xUT's question is - based on what Trump has shown...his divisiveness, his womanizing, his 3 marriages...a man that pretty much is the exact opposite of "Christian values".....how can Christians support that?

Spare me.
You can start a similar thread about Clinton, this is MeriKa, I looked but couldn't find one or even had a news feed that does.
Ramble On

:cool:

And here's the thing....If Jesus Christ himself ran as a democrat, he could not get the Christian vote. So it's unlikely that Hillary would..even if she turned water into wine.

We started seeing religion invade politics back with good old St Ronnie of Redondo. He got the support of the "Christian values" voters and he was running against the guy who was perhaps the most Christian president we've had in the past 100 years. Jimmy Carter, who as president still taught bible study classes ran against Ronald Reagan, who hadn't seen the inside of a church since he was governor of California. The problem was that Carter did not believe that religion belonged in politics while Reagan and the rest of the republicans believed that PT Barnum was right....there's a sucker born every minute. Get the godly vote and then ignore them.

The Christian right has supported the republican candidate for the past 36 years. Do we have prayer in schools? No. Is abortion illegal? No. What have the republicans done for the Christian right other than offer lip service? And now, most "Godly men" are supporting a guy who has been married 3 times after cheating on two wives...who is on the record describing how he "can't help himself" around beautiful...and who uses his wealth as an excuse to "grab them by their pu_sy".

Here's the thing I don't get...there's this book in the bible called "Leviticus". When talking about two gay men, These good Godly men often cite this:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." And they don't want them in their church.

Then we get candidate Trump. That same book they cited for the gay folks mentions something about him.

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

How come he gets a pass by the "Godly men"

I'd guess that Hillary and the lefts support of abortion and gay marriage overcomes Trumps short comings to Christians

And here's the thing....If Jesus Christ himself ran as a democrat, he could not get the Christian vote. So it's unlikely that Hillary would..even if she turned water into wine.

We started seeing religion invade politics back with good old St Ronnie of Redondo. He got the support of the "Christian values" voters and he was running against the guy who was perhaps the most Christian president we've had in the past 100 years. Jimmy Carter, who as president still taught bible study classes ran against Ronald Reagan, who hadn't seen the inside of a church since he was governor of California. The problem was that Carter did not believe that religion belonged in politics while Reagan and the rest of the republicans believed that PT Barnum was right....there's a sucker born every minute. Get the godly vote and then ignore them.

The Christian right has supported the republican candidate for the past 36 years. Do we have prayer in schools? No. Is abortion illegal? No. What have the republicans done for the Christian right other than offer lip service? And now, most "Godly men" are supporting a guy who has been married 3 times after cheating on two wives...who is on the record describing how he "can't help himself" around beautiful...and who uses his wealth as an excuse to "grab them by their pu_sy".

Here's the thing I don't get...there's this book in the bible called "Leviticus". When talking about two gay men, These good Godly men often cite this:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." And they don't want them in their church.

Then we get candidate Trump. That same book they cited for the gay folks mentions something about him.

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

How come he gets a pass by the "Godly men"
And how does Bill and Hillary?

I was just wondering how this could be true.
I know there are a few other Christians here, so please share your theological reasoning for supporting Trump.
Try to keep it clean... :eek:

Evangelical Christians Cannot Excuse Donald Trump’s Words

How can evangelical Christians support Trump?

Being a Christian, I wonder how anyone of faith can support him.

Please enlighten us.

B) xUT
This is just what I'm talking about Hypocritical X. You tear down Trump for some nasty "He Man" language secretly recorded (not in public office) and held back for 11 years, until election time. But you say NOTHING about Hildabeast and Billdo actual CRIMES while serving in the highest office in the land. Simply incredulous!!! Not only that, the Clinton minions actually disparage Christianity. You say nothing but " How can anyone of faith support Trump?
Your kidding right? Are you attending the Church of 666? You need a long talk and possibly a 30 day healing session with a real pastor. Good lord.

Reactions: Insp4
Status
Not open for further replies.