How can Christians support Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he'll have to deal with that on judgement day, wouldn't you think?

That's what I would think... just like a woman who gets an abortion or two men who get married will face the same fate. But the Christian right wants to "protect marriage" (well...they'll still okay adultery...just don't let two people of the same sex get married) and ban abortions. They don't want to enact any stricter laws on adultery, even though the punishment in the book they use to condemn homosexuality is pretty much the same as it is for adultery.

So if we "live and let live and let the big guy decide"....why do we need laws banning gay marriage or abortions?

That's what I would think... just like a woman who gets an abortion or two men who get married will face the same fate. But the Christian right wants to "protect marriage" (well...they'll still okay adultery...just don't let two people of the same sex get married) and ban abortions. They don't want to enact any stricter laws on adultery, even though the punishment in the book they use to condemn homosexuality is pretty much the same as it is for adultery.

So if we "live and let live and let the big guy decide"....why do we need laws banning gay marriage or abortions?

Maybe we should vendor it out to the religion of peace?

Maybe we should vendor it out to the religion of peace?

Interesting you should mention that. I've seen that righties are a little worried about something called "Sharia law", which when it comes to homosexuality and adultery, is amazingly close to what is written in Leviticus...which is what Christians use to condemn homosexuality (but not adultery because come on....it's the 21st century and times change). But some states have gone so far as to formally ban Sharia law...I guess because they don't want any laws that are based on religion. Unless of course it's OUR religion. Then we want supreme court justices who will interpret American law in accordance with what their bible teaches. Now...I'm fully in agreement with those who want to ban Sharia law. I'd just like to carry it one step further and ban laws based on ANY religion.

Interesting you should mention that. I've seen that righties are a little worried about something called "Sharia law", which when it comes to homosexuality and adultery, is amazingly close to what is written in Leviticus...which is what Christians use to condemn homosexuality (but not adultery because come on....it's the 21st century and times change). But some states have gone so far as to formally ban Sharia law...I guess because they don't want any laws that are based on religion. Unless of course it's OUR religion. Then we want supreme court justices who will interpret American law in accordance with what their bible teaches. Now...I'm fully in agreement with those who want to ban Sharia law. I'd just like to carry it one step further and ban laws based on ANY religion.

I laugh my butt off seeing gay demonstrators here, in support of Sharia.

Adultery always was an issue until the feel good anti-God crew chased Him out of most, if not all aspects of our society.

Divorces used to be hard to get.....what happened with that?

And I seriously think things were better in society WITH GOD.

I want law interpreted based on the intent of the law as written, with respect to religions.......not religion being the law. It was a progressive liberal court that bastardized the 'separation of church and state' to what it is today. Now the 'state' is ipso facto pushing Islam as the 'state approved' religion.

The Ten Commandments work pretty well on their own merit and were a part of the basis of man created laws.

So now the left is reliving Sodom and Gomorrah once again.....I can tell you how it ends....read it in a book.

I laugh my butt off seeing gay demonstrators here, in support of Sharia.

Adultery always was an issue until the feel good anti-God crew chased Him out of most, if not all aspects of our society.

Divorces used to be hard to get.....what happened with that?

And I seriously think things were better in society WITH GOD.

I want law interpreted based on the intent of the law as written, with respect to religions.......not religion being the law. It was a progressive liberal court that bastardized the 'separation of church and state' to what it is today. Now the 'state' is ipso facto pushing Islam as the 'state approved' religion.

The Ten Commandments work pretty well on their own merit and were a part of the basis of man created laws.

So now the left is reliving Sodom and Gomorrah once again.....I can tell you how it ends....read it in a book.

I was reading that and I found these nuggets:

Judge not, lest ye be judged

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

But "with respect to religions" get tossed out the window when it doesn't agree with your personal views. For example...the right likes to use "thou shalt not kill" to justify banning abortions, but will overlook an offensive "get them before they get us" or "better to fight them over there than over here" invasion of another country where thousands are killed, and those deaths dismissed as "collateral damage". Us lefties who don't much care for war are called "terrorist supporters" - even though we are interpreting "thou shalt not kill" to mean...well...thou shalt not kill.

Indeed....many lefties tend to follow the NEW testament - when it comes to war, the right likes to cite "an eye for an eye". That's the old testament. Somewhere in the New Testament is this:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

But taking that view from the New Testament makes us America hating terrorist supporters.

Many lefties have no time for religion.

Just had to take another veiled shot at Bush......how many of both sides have sent our young men off to die in a foreign land for 'democracy'?

No quote for defending oneself from 'infidels'?

Reactions: xUT
No slur at all. I am happy that we live in an environment that he feels safe enough to be himself. Not so in many other places.

Reactions: xUT
No slur at all. I am happy that we live in an environment that he feels safe enough to be himself. Not so in many other places.
Yet you support bringing in hundreds of thousands of people from those "other places". Hopefully he wont get thrown off a building when they get here.

You and fa li la ti di re ti da can always get together with the boys from Kansas and git them there terrist's.
Or I can vote for the guy that will control our borders and allow controlled immigration. Not the open border lunatic that will admit unvetted refugees hundreds of thousands at a time.

Many lefties have no time for religion.

Just had to take another veiled shot at Bush......how many of both sides have sent our young men off to die in a foreign land for 'democracy'?

No quote for defending oneself from 'infidels'?

True enough....but the churches and religion really didn't play a role in many of those wars.

Amen. I grew up in Alabama--population, 3 million; Southern Baptists, 900,000 in the 1950s. My uncle, a Baptist deacon for 45 years, swore to me that he knew some Baptists that would even speak to each other in the liquor store.
Some Baptists would even speak to each other? Well thats odd, how dare they be unlike a goddless angry libtard.

Amen. I grew up in Alabama--population, 3 million; Southern Baptists, 900,000 in the 1950s. My uncle, a Baptist deacon for 45 years, swore to me that he knew some Baptists that would even speak to each other in the liquor store.

Off topic:
When I lived in Bama, there were some dry counties.
I even went to a club that treated blacks and whites equal.
IIRC, it was called the NCO club... LOL

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Status
Not open for further replies.