How Delta Plays Politics in Washington: Who Needs Eric Cantor?

hey, you're supposed to be ignoring me.

You want to believe that I am out of touch solely because I don't agree with the labor movement that you believe in - but which wasn't apart of the DL that your daddy built.

I have been dead right on the subject and on DL employees' interest in the subject here.

Not surprisingly, the non-DL employees are the ones that have taken a position against what DL employees and their employer support.

and on a larger scale, the people who have consistently been arguing that I don't understand what is going on at DL and love to point out that I am not an active DL employee are the ones that are themselves opposite of what the majority of DL employees and the company stand for.

I'm still trying to understand how you grew up as a Delta kid, wound up at US, and now have so much negative to say about DL.

BTW, the topic is DL and its political efforts, including against the ExIm Bank.

have anything to contribute?

u are on my ignore list..   and yes I have contributed to the EXIM    and no my dad did not build DL  he worked from ACS to Customer service to shift mgr up to the stat mgr and retired as that   skippy   you have not been dead right  may be yrs ago you were but you certainly are not in todays world and what the people of DL want    You cld very well be shell shocked at what happens in the not to distant future   Even ACTIVE EMPLY KEV has noted what is TRULY GOING ON

Reactions: 2 people
Again, you WANT me to NOT know what is going on but I have been dead on since the merger was announced regarding what is going on including what Dl people would choose to do.

I am accurate regarding the priorities on the Exim issue and others in the eyes of DL employees who recognize the threat to their careers by allowing Asian airlines from getting beneficial aircraft acquisitions.

The fact that what I know and what is what the majority of DL people want shows that you, not me, are out of touch.

carry on, though.... I knew you couldn't really carry out your ignore.

at least admit you want to engage in the conversation than pretending and then falling off the wagon.

oh, you still didn't answer why your views about labor are so different from your dads. Perhaps he saw how it was supposed to be done in the workplace and you have experienced the opposite.

perhaps yoyo reading thru wt posts he sure as hell thinks he knows what best for all you delta folks yet he has been out of them for close to 10 yrs.     I talk to a large nbr of DL folks in my station and they continuously say they don't have much of a say in what DL does   but some folks will never grasp that at all 

WorldTraveler said:
yet you were NEVER at DL and neither was E.
And you were never at AA, UA, or WN, yet never seem to be short on authority there, eh?

For the record, I was at DL as recently as late May. Had a great two day visit to ATL and discussions with a couple of their senior management folks in IT and customer experience. Ironically, all three were ex-NWA. I guess they don't count, since they're red-headed step children.

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
I'll bet a pint at the Manchester Arms that I've met personally with more DL employees and executives in the past six months than you have, specifically to discuss what matters to DL.
One of the best pork chops I've ever had was at Manchester Arms.

perhaps yoyo reading thru wt posts he sure as hell thinks he knows what best for all you delta folks yet he has been out of them for close to 10 yrs.     I talk to a large nbr of DL folks in my station and they continuously say they don't have much of a say in what DL does   but some folks will never grasp that at all

precisely, the vast majority of DL people DON'T get involved in DL's corporate initiatives... that is precisely the reason that most have no interest in voting in a union as well. As long as they get their paycheck and can look over the bagroom and see what goes on at other airlines and realize they have it at least as good if not better than their peers at other airlines, there is NO incentive to change anything.

I do not have not ever tried to say I speak for ANY DL employee. I do know the culture of Delta Air Lines in general and I talk to enough employees to know that my take is correct.

Further, as much as you and E and Kev and 700 want to try and argue otherwise, I have been dead on accurate with the issues that are going on at DL, including the fact that DL employees don't want further unions - and in the case of this thread - that doing ANYTHING that helps foreign carriers is unwelcome to DL employees.

Either DL employees don't care about those issues (which even Kev acknowledges by the voter turnouts) or they take the company stance.

whether you or E like it or not, I am very much aware of what matters at Delta Air Lines.

And you were never at AA, UA, or WN, yet never seem to be short on authority there, eh?

For the record, I was at DL as recently as late May. Had a great two day visit to ATL and discussions with a couple of their senior management folks in IT and customer experience. Ironically, all three were ex-NWA. I guess they don't count, since they're red-headed step children.
you do a nice deflection of saying all the right buzz words to try and get support from all of the other people who are equally as wrong about the issues as you are but the simple fact is that I use public data to assess what goes on at other carriers.

You don't really want to accept that it is precisely that public data that shines brightly into what really goes on at airlines that you don't want me to see.

So, where's the public data that shows DL is at a competitive disadvantage with regard to the ExIm, or that Emirates is benefitting significantly?...

Where's the public data that shows DL's employees don't want a union? Election results from 2011?

It's entirely possible employee opinions have indeed shifted in the past three years.

Since then, MEM has been axed, Regional Elite was wound down, mainline employees have seen domestic growth at SEA (and what was proposed at DAL) going largely to regionals, and the company opened up a maintenance facility outside the US.

I'm sure a few are left wondering what the impact of the 744 retirements will be, and how that may impact long-haul flying. Throw in the threat of terrorism within our borders and overseas, which seems to be escalating on a daily (if not hourly?) basis, and things could turn even uglier in an instant.

To try and say that the confidence DL's employees had in the company from three years ago is unchanged is absurd.

Reactions: 2 people
DL has umpteen documents that show its position on ExIm.

You can GUESS all you want about ExIm but the fact is that DL employees have supported the company - or not participated at all.

I'm not sure what 3 years has to do with anything other than that was about the time that you were waxing on about all of the growth that WN would have in ATL to the adulation of dozens on here, something I accurately refuted - and sure enough have been right.

Your speculation that DL MIGHT not have the support of its employees isn't based on anything other than your speculation.

Even if DL doesn't have the support of its employees, unless they go to Washington and tell the ExIm Bank or Congress that they don't support their company (which ISN'T) going to happen, what difference does it make for you to argue about whether DL has the support of its employees or not?

DL believes in its campaign about ExIm reforms and they could care less about the support or lack thereof of their competitors - or you.

700UW said:
He left eight years ago, yep he is in touch with Anderson numerous times a day on how to run Delta, lol!
Listen, just because you sleep in the President of the IAM's basement, is no reason to cast stones.

robbedagain said:
and youre out of touch with what DL id's as key corporate initiative which is not 100% supported by the employees  
Nothing is supported 100%.

yoyodyne said:
And you know this firsthand how?
He's personally met every employee at DL.

700UW said:
Blah blah blah
Pretty much what we hear from you.

Reactions: 1 person
He's personally met every employee at DL.
well, I haven't met you!

but I'm sure our paths will cross soon. :)

OTOH, since you participate here, you can be assured that your positions will be heard.

Interestingly, we do agree on a whole lot of subjects.

WorldTraveler said:
DL has umpteen documents that show its position on ExIm.
Those position papers are produced by or for DL.

Where's the public data from an unbiased source? You said that you rely on public data:

WorldTraveler said:
you do a nice deflection of saying all the right buzz words to try and get support from all of the other people who are equally as wrong about the issues as you are but the simple fact is that I use public data to assess what goes on at other carriers.

You don't really want to accept that it is precisely that public data that shines brightly into what really goes on at airlines that you don't want me to see.
Here's your chance to shine. Where's the public data?

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts