How in the hell did we ever get here?

The alternative reality is that you live in this forum Dog. There's a real world out there. Not so pretty some times, But better than spending all your time here.You should try it some time.

Reactions: 2 people
Insp4 said:
The alternative reality is that you live in this forum Dog. There's a real world out there. Not so pretty some times, But better than spending all your time here.You should try it some time.
3335570914_8f546fc852_o.jpg

traderjake said:

LMAO

Iran would not release the hostages until the money arrived.
That still does not make it a ransom.  I love how all of you uber-"patriots" all of a sudden have started believing Iran when you were so vehemently against making any kind of deal with them awhile back "because they could not be trusted." 

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
You need to find a better source.  It was not a ransom payment.  The money belonged to Iran.  It had been kept in U.S. banks.  When we imposed sanctions on Iran, the money was confiscated by the U.S. government.  Now, that they have a nuclear weapons agreement with Iran and the sanctions have been lifted, the money got sent back to them.  Iran was about to sue for it in U.S. courts.  Government lawyers advised the President that giving the money back to them was not only the right course of action (since the money belonged to them anyway), but was also the cheaper route to go than try to fight them in court.  It was sent in cash because the U.S. does not have a banking agreement with Iran; so, they could not wire it or send a check.

I realize that you are paranoid schizophrenic and believe that there is an evil Democratic conspiracy behind every tree; however, what you posted is not true.  Maybe you took your tinfoil hat off too soon.

IRANSOM

The State Department admitted Thursday that the US would not hand over $400 million in cash to Iran until it released four American hostages — two weeks after President Obama insisted the payment was not a “ransom.”

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/state-department-400m-cash-to-iran-was-contingent-on-us-prisoners-release/

1 ransom

noun ran·som \ˈran(t)-səm\

Popularity: Bottom 50% of words
Simple Definition of ransom

• : money that is paid in order to free someone who has been captured or kidnapped

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

there you go though I can't believe anyone was clueless enough to think it was some coincidence that it just happened at the same time 

I'm going against the norm on this one. Regardless of the deal, back in the day we froze Iranian assets. Is it possible that this is their money?

Personally, I trust Iran a bit more than the Saudis. That is not to say that I trust Iran.