How many E190's on the property?

az_wild727

Senior
Sep 13, 2005
PHX
On a recent pass via PHL I've seen half of the B gates hold E190's. Does anyone know exactly how many Embraer 190's US Airways has of March 2008?

Hope everyone had a good Easter!

-Kinglobjaw

Was ship 956 delivered yesterday with the "fabled" closet as there should have been in the first place? I'll be quite interested to find that out.

There will be 25 by late Sep or early October. Its Mainline flying so its good.

Yes, it is good that these planes are being put on mainline, but these are not growth aircraft.

From 2008 and on, US will take delivery of 111 new narrowbody aircraft (14 E190s and 97 A320 family) while 111 aircraft will exit the fleet (All 86 of the B737s and 25 B757s). The only growth that will happen domestically will be if US decides to exercise any of the 32 additional firm orders for the E190. Given the current conditions and their stance on on domestic growth (Flat to slightly negative) I wouldn't get my hopes up for much.

I do recall Kirby saying at a Crew News a year ago or so, that if he could, he would replace the CR9s or other regional flying with the E190, so although it's probably nothing more than a pipeline dream on my part, maybe there is hope...

Back