How many female A&P ? percentage?

Well I have no idea where youre coming from so I dont know what to say about it. I dont think my question has anything negative going on.
It is all about intent.

If you are just gathering data then good for you.

If you are on some feminist fueled social justice warrior crusade asking lead in questions then I take issue with it. THAT is where I am coming from.

I can tell you as someone that worked the ramp I got paired with a lithe female who I doubt very seriously even weighed 100 pounds. She was physically incapable of doing the job which caused double work for anyone that was paired with her in the belly of an aircraft. I am not saying she did anything wrong but the males working with her were definitely being victimized by a company pushing "equality" over common sense and reality.

I asked a question because I wanted to know. Looks like almost no women are going to A&P school and almost no women are getting hired as aircraft mechanics. The moderator can delete this thread if everybody is upset about it.

And I dont have an agenda, Im neutral on this just wondered if what Ive seen is the norm and it sounds like it is.

Not judging either way.

Just had an 8000 lbs inbound flight. They sent out a Woman from Zone support to assist. We asked her if she wanted to dump the freight from the belly or catch the freight?

Her response was that she couldn’t do either one because she was pregnant. (2 years with AA)

My Crew Chief and I just looked at each other.

For a second I wasn’t quite sure what we do for a living here any longer?

In all fairness, there are male mechanics who say they can't do something for far less valid reasons.

I am an AMT and I can tell you for a fact that I work my butt off but there’s always a few who will put you down just because you’re a female. There are a few things that it’s hard for me to do but some things I can do better and faster. There are a considerable number of men who don’t pull their weight and yet most men don’t gripe about them but they definitely run their mouth about the women.

It’s a good job for a woman because it pays enough to support a family. I’ll retire soon and I hope some women come along to replace me.

I am an AMT and I can tell you for a fact that I work my butt off but there’s always a few who will put you down just because you’re a female. There are a few things that it’s hard for me to do but some things I can do better and faster. There are a considerable number of men who don’t pull their weight and yet most men don’t gripe about them but they definitely run their mouth about the women.

It’s a good job for a woman because it pays enough to support a family. I’ll retire soon and I hope some women come along to replace me.

Question:

In my job in Fleet our core work (only work) is to lift bags and freight. If someone says that they can’t lift bags or freight at all should they still be on the clock being paid or should they maybe be on some type of a leave of absence?

And BTW yes I have met a few women in my 24 year career who can work circles around most guys and even a few I’ve thought put me to shame.

Reactions: B737 driver

I give women a lot credit for getting into this field which is still predominately male.

So Weaasles you’re telling me that only a pg woman was unable to do her job? No males have ever been too hurt to throw bags?? I call bs. My neighbor was in fleet service and was in the pillow and blanket dept for YEARS. Sounds like your Crewchief should’ve given her a job she could do while she was pg. There are mechanics on light duty, yes male, and they can’t do their job but one is found for them. Like I said there’s also people who just won’t do their job and yet they’re still employed.

Most the guys I work with are great and the ones who are buttheads, I couldn’t care less what their opinion is of me. I’ve worked with chauvinists and they’re usually pretty miserable individuals in general who don’t like anyone who’s not their gender, color, religion etc.

And the question was about female AMT’s, why would a fleet service clerk even be answering?? Don’t you have your own threads??

Reactions: JREwing and Kev3188
So Weaasles you’re telling me that only a pg woman was unable to do her job? No males have ever been too hurt to throw bags?? I call bs. My neighbor was in fleet service and was in the pillow and blanket dept for YEARS. Sounds like your Crewchief should’ve given her a job she could do while she was pg. There are mechanics on light duty, yes male, and they can’t do their job but one is found for them. Like I said there’s also people who just won’t do their job and yet they’re still employed.

Most the guys I work with are great and the ones who are buttheads, I couldn’t care less what their opinion is of me. I’ve worked with chauvinists and they’re usually pretty miserable individuals in general who don’t like anyone who’s not their gender, color, religion etc.

And the question was about female AMT’s, why would a fleet service clerk even be answering?? Don’t you have your own threads??

I’m sorry but you fix planes for a living and we lift bags for a living in Fleet. If you have any personal (Unless being Pregnant is a Medical issue) issue why you can’t fix planes then I don’t think you should be on the clock until you can fix planes.

Same goes in Fleet for anyone (Male or Female) that cant perform the most primary function that they were hired (employed) to do.

There was no other task we could assign to her except for her to sit there and watch us work.

BTW she bidded an assist spot by what her seniority could hold and she was sent out by her CC to “assist” us in dumping our flight. And if my Hernia ever bursts and I can’t work until it’s repaired and heals then I need to stay home until I’m ready to return to work. Wouldn’t you agree?

100% CORRECT!!!
We (male mechanics) do get light duty as needed. Great example.
Yes some females have given the status (if you will) but that's not the descript of all female mechanics out here. We have some that will too work many miles around a many menses.
So guys just stop with the BS gender. I really didn't like this divided thread being started.
Weez, on a personal note, I guarantee you she will work circles around you any day, so stop with the BS questions, moron...

Reactions: B737 driver
I have no issues with female mechanics as long as they are not trying to force their way into jobs that are obviously inappropriate to their abilities.

For instance, a sub 100 pound female simply does not have the mass to move heavy luggage. As a consequence of her insistence on doing a job that is obviously an inappropriate fit for her and the companies politically correct BS I have had to work both positions in the belly of an aircraft while she just sat there.

Another time we were checking security tags on an aircraft and this female insisted she was not going to check her tags because "a lady does not get down on her knees". Management actually let her get away with that BS.

Then you have females on the pull that do nothing but flirt with any man that will show them a bit of attention.

I had a friend in the Navy. He told me when they deployed MOST of the woman miraculously wound up pregnant. They want to be in the military... they just don't want to BE in the military.

That is why SOME men have a bad attitude about working with females. Because some females use the fact they are females to shirk.

However that being said I have worked with woman that could work circles around almost anybody.

Reactions: swamt
There was a web story from one of the Houston tv stations and it says UAL at Houston has 15 female technicians out of 947 technicians in houston. Thats about 1.58 % . I dont think theres a stampede of women headed into this line of work any time soon.