How Many U Mainline Flights At Your Airport

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Just curious to see what other cities look like these days. For the summer schedule looks like U will be adding 3 dailies to PVD for a total of 19.

DAILY:

PHL - 7
PIT - 4
DCA - 3
CLT - 5

SATURDAY ONLY:
MCO - 1
FLL - 1

The 5th CLT flights lasts only for the summer with the 18 others remaining year-round.

My old airport (PIT) is losing.

My current airports (AMS, GLA) are holding even or gaining.

Never had 330 service from PHL-MIA, that was just the proving runs.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but from U's own press release on the PR newswire Jan 20, 2001...

US Airways' first A330 entered service on May 4, 2000, between Philadelphia and Paris' Charles De Gaulle Airport. Currently, five A330s are in the US Airways fleet flying between Philadelphia and Frankfurt, London (Gatwick), Paris and Rome and between Pittsburgh and Frankfurt. One A330 operates each weekday between Philadelphia and Miami and on weekends between Philadelphia and San Juan.

If I recall, the PHL-MIA flight was due to cruise passenger volume. Perhaps US had an agreement with a cruise operator that required the passenger volume of the A330.

Does anyboody have knowledge of what the Florida market will look like with mainline service this spring/summer?

Can't tell you why the A333 operated between PHL-MIA as now we only have a few 733's flying the route...but if i remember correctly, it did not last long, maybe a few months.

Back