How's that Arab Spring working out

Hmmmm...I remember being in Tunisia in 1972 and they hated Americans and Westerners back then. They hated America back then and without the dictatorship to take responsibility you have the anarchy of the ignoirant that hates the US and ALLIES EVEN MORE!
What were you doing in Tunisia in 1972?
B) xUT

The dollar is the GOD of money. The fact that we are forced to print more money makes our dollar worthless in the woirldwide market,. which is part of the collapse of government that the Middle East is hoping for.

And that answers my question how? We aren't "Forced" to do a single thing. BTW the three in question were/are Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi (Both of whom are extremely dead) and the last man standing, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, he of nuclear fantasys. Is it small wonder they hate us since 1953 and the overthrow of the ELECTED government of Iran.

The definition of an Arab moderate is someone who only holds a grudge for 6 or 7 decades.

The trailer I saw was comical, almost like Southpark except in the sand instead of the snow..

Reactions: 2 people
And that answers my question how? We aren't "Forced" to do a single thing. BTW the three in question were/are Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi (Both of whom are extremely dead) and the last man standing, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, he of nuclear fantasys. Is it small wonder they hate us since 1953 and the overthrow of the ELECTED government of Iran.

The definition of an Arab moderate is someone who only holds a grudge for 6 or 7 decades.
Saddam was our close ally/good buttie when he was fighting Iran.
Kind of changed his mind after the Iran Contra Fiasco.
Go figure...
B) xUT

Yes they are isolated and disenfranchised and as much as we MeriKans try bring them to the 19th century (don't even speak of the 21st century).
The Islamic clergy and their gooberment will continue to keep them uninformed and subjugated.
Problem is, they don't understand that. Of course, their officials do and choose not to educate them.
IMHO, whatever information they get comes from the mosque or aljazeera. Hell, the Afghanistanis still play polo with a sheep carcase.
Most Islamic countries still marry off children and circumcise baby girls.

So, what do we do as MeriKans?
As much as we try to educate and teach, the Islamist nuts keep kicking back with their same old same old. It gets tiresome as we take 1 step forward and knocked back two steps.

IMHO, it's time to cut our losses and GTFO!

FYI, I lived in the ME, nothing changed in 30 years!
B) xUT

They are a primitive culture in some respects. Ultra religious, very little out side exposure, ruled by theocracies... its what you end up with.

As for getting out. I tend to agree ... except for that oil reliance thing. If we can break that addiction, walk away from the ME and don't look back.

Yeah ! That Romney thing about drill now, in the U.S., is sounding better everyday......isn't it !

How many miles a day, do you peddle your bike to work Tree ?

Oh and BTW...........A whopping 64 percent of the oil America used in June of 2011 was imported. However, the major source of America's oil imports may surprise you. It's Canada. Twenty-one percent of the oil imported to the United States in June of 2009 came from Canada, making Canada the largest single-country source of foreign oil for the United States. America even imports more oil from Canada than it does all Persian Gulf countries combined; nations from the Persian Gulf region supplied just 13 percent of America's oil in June of 2009 [source: Energy Information Administration].

Thanks for the oil Canada, but I'll be damned if I'll let you build a pipeline, that might create some jobs around here !
Sincerely Yours, Barrack

Yeah ! That Romney thing about drill now, in the U.S., is sounding better everyday......isn't it !

How many miles a day, do you peddle your bike to work Tree ?

Oh and BTW...........A whopping 64 percent of the oil America used in June of 2011 was imported. However, the major source of America's oil imports may surprise you. It's Canada. Twenty-one percent of the oil imported to the United States in June of 2009 came from Canada, making Canada the largest single-country source of foreign oil for the United States. America even imports more oil from Canada than it does all Persian Gulf countries combined; nations from the Persian Gulf region supplied just 13 percent of America's oil in June of 2009 [source: Energy Information Administration].

Thanks for the oil Canada, but I'll be damned if I'll let you build a pipeline, that might create some jobs around here !
Sincerely Yours, Barrack

Nope. Still sounds as bad as it did when he first suggested it.

Three miles when weather permits.

Try doing some research on oil prices and how the pricing works. Do you think Canada is selling us oil at below market value? OPEC still has a large impact on the pricing of oil. Oil is a world commodity, not a US or Canadian one. Canadian production of oil currently sits at about 3.2 million bbl/day. The US production is at 7.8 million bbl/day. OPEC production is at about 33 million bbl/day

Oil production

While Canada may be one of the larger single countries that we import from, it is a bit misleading when you do not put in the context of how much oil we import over all. According to the site you linked in June of '09 we imported 144 million bbl of oil from OPEC. In June of '09 we imported 76 million bbl from Canada.

Bottom line is we are not getting away from OPEC any time soon, and the price of oil is based on world prices.

In 2009, the US consumed over 18 million bbl of oil per day

As of 2012, the oil imports are changing but Canada is still not the primary supplier as you seem to be implying. As of 2012, Canada supplied about 91 million bbl and OPEC 138 million bbl. Total imports were at about 350 million +/- bbl in June of 2012

Nope. Still sounds as bad as it did when he first suggested it.

Three miles when weather permits.

Try doing some research on oil prices and how the pricing works. Do you think Canada is selling us oil at below market value? OPEC still has a large impact on the pricing of oil. Oil is a world commodity, not a US or Canadian one. Canadian production of oil currently sits at about 3.2 million bbl/day. The US production is at 7.8 million bbl/day. OPEC production is at about 33 million bbl/day

Oil production

While Canada may be one of the larger single countries that we import from, it is a bit misleading when you do not put in the context of how much oil we import over all. According to the site you linked in June of '09 we imported 144 million bbl of oil from OPEC. In June of '09 we imported 76 million bbl from Canada.

Bottom line is we are not getting away from OPEC any time soon, and the price of oil is based on world prices.

In 2009, the US consumed over 18 million bbl of oil per day

As of 2012, the oil imports are changing but Canada is still not the primary supplier as you seem to be implying. As of 2012, Canada supplied about 91 million bbl and OPEC 138 million bbl. Total imports were at about 350 million +/- bbl in June of 2012

"Tree,..save your breath.
You're trying to have an intelligent conversation with an imbecile !

Hmmmm...I remember being in Tunisia in 1972 and they hated Americans and Westerners back then. They hated America back then and without the dictatorship to take responsibility you have the anarchy of the ignoirant that hates the US and ALLIES EVEN MORE!

Lithium is your friend.

Latest posts