Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....just wow. Going to be a monumental recovery task for sure.
Our friend Quagmire is north of Huston I believe, hope he and everyone else down there stays out of harms way.

It's beyond comprehension how so much moisture can be evaporated then stored in clouds and let go. This things sitting there for a couple days too.

I messaged my niece who lives in Houston...where she's at isn't bad, but the rest of the city isn't so lucky. Here's something she posted on facebook:

Capture.PNG

This is going to get worse over time. With the rise in sea levels (and those of you who deny global warming can chime in here) due to excessive melting of Arctic and Antarctic ice shelves, it will become increasingly hard for rains such as we have seen in Houston to drain off and dry out. While water is flowing toward the Gulf, the higher "natural" sea levels will present a barrier to quick draining. Plus, the storms will be pushing water inland.

I expect those oversized sand bars along the Gulf Coast--lovingly known by names, such as Galveston Island--will continue to disintegrate. Dauphin Island, former home to the winter resort homes of the rich and famous, was cut into 4 separate pieces by the last hurricane that hit that part of the coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbedagain
This is going to get worse over time. With the rise in sea levels (and those of you who deny global warming can chime in here) due to excessive melting of Arctic and Antarctic ice shelves, it will become increasingly hard for rains such as we have seen in Houston to drain off and dry out. While water is flowing toward the Gulf, the higher "natural" sea levels will present a barrier to quick draining. Plus, the storms will be pushing water inland.

I expect those oversized sand bars along the Gulf Coast--lovingly known by names, such as Galveston Island--will continue to disintegrate. Dauphin Island, former home to the winter resort homes of the rich and famous, was cut into 4 separate pieces by the last hurricane that hit that part of the coast.

And what can be done about it....nothing....absolutely nothing.

And what can be done about it....nothing....absolutely nothing.
Not true, but I'm not going to debate the issue with you. Your denial of global warming and its causes is well-known by all of us.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." --Herbert Spencer

The storm wasn't as bad as predicted here in San Antonio.
Houston and surrounding areas have been really hard hit.
My thoughts and Prayers are with everyone impacted by
this massively damaging storm. GOD BLESS.

Sharon

Last edited:
Not true, but I'm not going to debate the issue with you. Your denial of global warming and its causes is well-known by all of us.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." --Herbert Spencer

No denial here except in your camp. Climate change is a natural misunderstood highly politicized evolving process. Does man have input, most likely.......not enough to create it not enough to change it.

I bet you haven't seen the recent research released this past week where two independent scientists, using the same methods that are continually cited as Manna from God, have found radically different results of the existing data. That's how the scientific method works.

No denial here except in your camp. Climate change is a natural misunderstood highly politicized evolving process. Does man have input, most likely.......not enough to create it not enough to change it.

I bet you haven't seen the recent research released this past week where two independent scientists, using the same methods that are continually cited as Manna from God, have found radically different results of the existing data. That's how the scientific method works.

This is why I wish "my side" would not focus on global warming, but focus on clean air instead. If we strengthen clean air standards, one side benefit is a reduction in CO2 emissions - which is what they want in the first place. It's fairly easy to argue against "global warming", but the FACT is that man is the only creature on God's earth that pollutes it's habitat. And it's really hard to argue against clean air, although some will try.

This is why I wish "my side" would not focus on global warming, but focus on clean air instead. If we strengthen clean air standards, one side benefit is a reduction in CO2 emissions - which is what they want in the first place. It's fairly easy to argue against "global warming", but the FACT is that man is the only creature on God's earth that pollutes it's habitat. And it's really hard to argue against clean air, although some will try.
Bovine flatulence?

Status
Not open for further replies.