Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to get worse over time. With the rise in sea levels (and those of you who deny global warming can chime in here) due to excessive melting of Arctic and Antarctic ice shelves, it will become increasingly hard for rains such as we have seen in Houston to drain off and dry out. While water is flowing toward the Gulf, the higher "natural" sea levels will present a barrier to quick draining. Plus, the storms will be pushing water inland.

I expect those oversized sand bars along the Gulf Coast--lovingly known by names, such as Galveston Island--will continue to disintegrate. Dauphin Island, former home to the winter resort homes of the rich and famous, was cut into 4 separate pieces by the last hurricane that hit that part of the coast.
I thought it was from nitrogen runoff from my lawn that was killing the marsh . Maybe this global warming thing happens every 100,000 years or so, who knows. I'll tell you another thing two winters ago sure was brrrr up here in NYC mention global warming and someone would have nailed you with an iceball. Actually right now its about 10 degrees below normal for August I think I'll go outside and spray a whole can of Aqua Net or something

Last edited:
Actually I don't drive a hybrid anymore. But China is leading the world in alternative energy. Both China and India are making significant progress. But what is your argument against clean air?
To argue against clean air would be ludicrous. What did India do put coffee filters over those chemical plants ? You do know why Dupont and Dow are over there don't you? Less or no restrictions. You should see who has to get paid off just to put up a Marriot

My main point is there were devastating hurricanes a hundred years ago way before aerosol cans
Where did I mention aerosol cans or global warming? If anything my posts were deriding MY side for focusing on global warming. I believe if they focused on clean air standards and not CO2 emissions or global warming or climate change, then the OTHER side would have a tougher time arguing AGAINST it...and one result in improved clean air standards is a reduction in CO2 emissions, which is what "my side" wants. IMHO, it would be MORE beneficial to argue for clean air standards, including solar and wind power....look at the picture below.....instead of saying that alternative energy can reduce CO2 and global warming....why not argue that alternative energy can help get rid of air like this.

pollution-at-tiananmen-square-beijing_0.jpg

Where did I mention aerosol cans or global warming? If anything my posts were deriding MY side for focusing on global warming. I believe if they focused on clean air standards and not CO2 emissions or global warming or climate change, then the OTHER side would have a tougher time arguing AGAINST it...and one result in improved clean air standards is a reduction in CO2 emissions, which is what "my side" wants. IMHO, it would be MORE beneficial to argue for clean air standards, including solar and wind power....look at the picture below.....instead of saying that alternative energy can reduce CO2 and global warming....why not argue that alternative energy can help get rid of air like this.

pollution-at-tiananmen-square-beijing_0.jpg
That looks like the equivalent of two packs a day

This is going to get worse over time. With the rise in sea levels (and those of you who deny global warming can chime in here) due to excessive melting of Arctic and Antarctic ice shelves, it will become increasingly hard for rains such as we have seen in Houston to drain off and dry out. While water is flowing toward the Gulf, the higher "natural" sea levels will present a barrier to quick draining. Plus, the storms will be pushing water inland.

I expect those oversized sand bars along the Gulf Coast--lovingly known by names, such as Galveston Island--will continue to disintegrate. Dauphin Island, former home to the winter resort homes of the rich and famous, was cut into 4 separate pieces by the last hurricane that hit that part of the coast.
"Global warming", has been debunked. That's why the doom dayer's are now calling it "climate change".
Now that might be a horse of a different color. But if the climate is changing, and it still hasn't been determined that it is. We really don't know if man has had anything to do with it, or if it is only part of a normal climatic cycle.

Last edited:
It's fairly easy to argue against "global warming"
Most fabrications are easy to argue against.

delldude is right. Climate change is a naturally occurring process. Climate change existed long before humans walked this earth. That is a fact.

Instead of focusing on global warming what you leftist should be focusing on is the great pacific garbage patch. That is impossible to argue against as the proof is not debatable.

What makes climate change so popular to the left is they can politicize and monetize it without offering any hard evidence. They don't want to go after anything where they actually have to show progress or concrete proof.

but the FACT is that man is the only creature on God's earth that pollutes it's habitat.
Not true. Beavers and bats heavily pollute an environment. Go to New York and look at all the pigeon poo causing damage to property.

Status
Not open for further replies.