Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most fabrications are easy to argue against.

delldude is right. Climate change is a naturally occurring process. Climate change existed long before humans walked this earth. That is a fact.

Instead of focusing on global warming what you leftist should be focusing on is the great pacific garbage patch. That is impossible to argue against as the proof is not debatable.

What makes climate change so popular to the left is they can politicize and monetize it without offering any hard evidence. They don't want to go after anything where they actually have to show progress or concrete proof.

Not true. Beavers and bats heavily pollute an environment. Go to New York and look at all the pigeon poo causing damage to property.
Pigeons have always pooed BEFORE we build building and sidewalks for them to poo on. Try again. Remember... when this world was created there was no "property". They did what they always did - WE put the property there.

Actually I don't drive a hybrid anymore. But China is leading the world in alternative energy. Both China and India are making significant progress. But what is your argument against clean air?
,Oh, they're doing great!
northern-china-smog.jpg

Pigeons have always pooed BEFORE we build building and sidewalks for them to poo on. Try again. Remember... when this world was created there was no "property". They did what they always did - WE put the property there.
So you don't think something caustic that breeds bacteria is pollution?

Beavers often cause contamination of water sources by a parasite known as giardia.

Would you not define contamination of water sources as pollution?

How many beavers built a factory that spews pollutants into the air so that they can have widgets?
Question?.......... Are you still hunge up on Trump pulling out of the "Paris Accord?" Is that what this is all about?

Question?.......... Are you still hunge up on Trump pulling out of the "Paris Accord?" Is that what this is all about?

NOpe. As I said - I wish my side didn't focus on global warming or climate change and focused on clean air instead. The end result would be what they want anyways...reduce ALL emissions and CO2 is one that will get reduced. Without stupid "carbon credits" or anything else. The problem is this....with the focus on global warming, opponents can look at a proposal to roll back CLEAN AIR standards and their argument is "global warming is a hoax". The air may be clean when I leave this world, but I've got a grand kid on the way and I want the air to be clean for HIM.

pol·lu·tion
pəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects.
So you are saying Beavers introducing giardia to to a water supply is not pollution.

Was it introduced into the environment?
Yes.

Does it have harmful or poisonous effects?
Yes.

Introducing a parasite into the local water supply is the definition of pollution.

Liberals love to target pollution because it can be politicized and monetized and it is something we will NEVER be able to solve.

I got news for you, even if we lived a primitive lifestyle we would STILL have pollution.

Funny how you liberals don't have the same disdain for Asian and African countries that treat their water supply like a landfill.

img_80382.jpg

80pc-of-indian-sewage-flows-into-rivers-1362504463-7945.jpg

Where is your disdain for these people?

Stop trying to use a tragedy to push your political BS.

pol·lu·tion
pəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects.
So you are saying Beavers introducing giardia to to a water supply is not pollution.

Was it introduced into the environment?
Yes.

Does it have harmful or poisonous effects?
Yes.

Introducing a parasite into the local water supply is the definition of pollution.

Liberals love to target pollution because it can be politicized and monetized and it is something we will NEVER be able to solve.

I got news for you, even if we lived a primitive lifestyle we would STILL have pollution.

Funny how you liberals don't have the same disdain for Asian and African countries that treat their water supply like a landfill.

img_80382.jpg

80pc-of-indian-sewage-flows-into-rivers-1362504463-7945.jpg

Where is your disdain for these people?

Stop trying to use a tragedy to push your political BS.

How do you know I don't care? I guess you win....tonight after dinner, we're loading up the car, driving around town and tossing crap out the window...peeing in the creek and lighting the night with torches burning used motor oil. It's still better than India and Asia...and it's just a waste of money to keep OUR air and water clean for our grandkids. It takes a special breed to argue against clean air or clean water.

How do you know I don't care? I guess you win....tonight after dinner, we're loading up the car, driving around town and tossing crap out the window...peeing in the creek and lighting the night with torches burning used motor oil. It's still better than India and Asia...and it's just a waste of money to keep OUR air and water clean for our grandkids. It takes a special breed to argue against clean air or clean water.
Nobody is arguing against clean anything. What I am telling you is that pollution is inevitable. Stop trying to use it to push your narrative. Stop acting like America has not already taken drastic steps to control pollution. I can tell you for a fact many companies spend millions a year in compliance cost to meet pollution standards.

Where does it end?

I am honestly sick and tired of you liberals using America as your punching bag.

To tell the truth I am just sick of you liberals period. Today you are tearing down statues tomorrow you will be burning books.

Mostly I am sick of liberals using tragedies to try to push agendas.

Someone gets shot liberals use it to springboard gun control, Houston gets flooded then your on your climate change train. A white cop shoots a black thug and your pushing the racism narrative. IT....... JUST......... NEVER........ ENDS.......

Nobody is arguing against clean anything. What I am telling you is that pollution is inevitable. Stop trying to use it to push your narrative. Stop acting like America has not already taken drastic steps to control pollution. I can tell you for a fact many companies spend millions a year in compliance cost to meet pollution standards.

Where does it end?

I am honestly sick and tired of you liberals using America as your punching bag.

To tell the truth I am just sick of you liberals period. Today you are tearing down statues tomorrow you will be burning books.

Someone gets shot liberals use it to springboard gun control, Houston gets flooded then your on your climate change train. A white cop shoots a black thug and your pushing the racism narrative. IT....... JUST......... NEVER........ ENDS.......
bf380f11_he20ain27t20lyin.jpg

OK, we get it. You didn't cause the hurricane and are not responsible for anything.

Last edited:

Where does it end?

Okay...Man is the only creature intelligent enough to IMPROVE his envirionment. And yes....America HAS made great strides...but the dear leader has already ROLLED BACK some environmental regulations, and may well move to roll back even more. And why would they roll them back? To save those companies millions. Ah...the sweet sweet smell of money. And...reread the damn thread....then cut and paste where I got on "the climate change train". Not other posters - ME.

NOpe. As I said - I wish my side didn't focus on global warming or climate change and focused on clean air instead. The end result would be what they want anyways...reduce ALL emissions and CO2 is one that will get reduced. Without stupid "carbon credits" or anything else. The problem is this....with the focus on global warming, opponents can look at a proposal to roll back CLEAN AIR standards and their argument is "global warming is a hoax". The air may be clean when I leave this world, but I've got a grand kid on the way and I want the air to be clean for HIM.
Liston K.C., I won't say I disagree with you on this one but, and there always seems to be a "but", without China, and India, cleaning up their act, we're just pissing into the wind! Maybe it's because I grew up in L.A. when things were really bad.

Last edited:
Tell it to jimintx....he's the one who showed up with the dems talking points to exploit the disaster for political gain.

Shame on you Jimmy Texas
Yep, once that box is opened, it turns out ugly.
We can't stop global warming any more than we could stop the next ice age.
I do agree with KC we need to mitigate our pollution and stupid carbon taxes is a waste of capital.
The last time I went to Seoul, it was a haze, could not even see the sky.
That's one thing that keeps me in the SF Bay area.
The constant breeze from the ocean provides clean air year around.
Not to mention the cooling effect.
Of course, I have to pay a premium for it, but I can for now.
So, back on topic.
Let's keep our thoughts and prayers for the people that are suffering and donate what you can.
I could not imagine what I would do if this would happen to my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.