IAM & AFA file for elections at DL

DL knew that they were getting CBA's that were/are in effect when they orchestrated this whole thing. Someone down there should've been smart enough to know that abiding by them was also part of that. To say that they were doing so as some sort of nicety is ridiculous.
Anyone directly involved with IFS knows how BS that AFA lawsuit is. No one is getting 11 hours off after an International, EVER. Its just another desperate attempt by the AFA and filed coincidentally as a vote is pending. The better question is If it was true (which it isn't), then why has AFA waited so long? Is this a stellar example of that wonderful iron clad, insurance, yadda yadda contract in action? If so then its pretty pathetic.

I'm more interested in the AFA's claim of DL stonewalling the grievance process. This is absolutely happening in ACS as well, and IMO this part of the suit has merit.

I'm more interested in the AFA's claim of DL stonewalling the grievance process. This is absolutely happening in ACS as well, and IMO this part of the suit has merit.

And the AFA and IAM weren't stonewalling "The Vote", until the rules were changed in their favor ?

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander !

No one ever said you can't have a union or a contract but, sheesh.....................how long are we going to drag this out ? The union's already got the rule change, in their favor I might add, that they wanted so vote already. Instead we get crap like this :

"Northwest Airlines Union Sues Delta"
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/24780629/detail.html

If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem !

You make it seem like we are voting out a union and the union is dragging. We are non-union now so whats the rush for a vote? Its just the election proccess and Delta is lowering insurance, management are all smiles and walking on egg shells. Time off is easy to come by even though we are understaff in our department. I haven't had to bring my lunch in for the past 3weeks because someone in some department was having a cooking out because of the "Great Job" we have been doing. Whats next, a brand new car? If this is the treatment we get now, just think if we had a contract. I am voting "YES"!!!!

Not sure what the grievances on your end is but on ours...lets see here...something about some overweight woman (in denial) wanting to look oh so sexy in a size 28 red dress (think plump tomatoes) and something about an apron(ala Mels Diner) to serve BE passengers with (how classy). Yeah there's merit somewhere i guess :rolleyes:

...and there was merit in DL paying $70,000 to John Isakson and Saxby Chambliss to lose on the "yes-no" vote?

...and there was merit in DL paying $70,000 to John Isakson and Saxby Chambliss to lose on the "yes-no" vote?

Weakness tissue for your tears dear sir? Didn't see anything in the lawsuit about that or are you grasping ala a kerfuffle?

Weakness tissue for your tears dear sir? Didn't see anything in the lawsuit about that or are you grasping ala a kerfuffle?

No weakness, just facts! Something you anti-unionists can't understand!

On May 11th Senator Isakson introduced a Joint Resolution which would stop the NMB from updating their archaic rules.

Sponsor: Senator Johnny Isakson [R-GA] ($45,280 - Delta Air Lines)

Lamar Alexander [R-TN] ($39,500 - FedEx)
John Barrasso [R-WY] ($12,000 - FedEx)
Robert Bennett [R-UT] ($20,500 - FedEx)
Samuel Brownback [R-KS] ($12,500 - FedEx)
Jim Bunning [R-KY] ($5,000 - FedEx)
Richard Burr [R-NC] ($42,550 - FedEx)
Saxby Chambliss [R-GA] ($45,800 - FedEx) ($27,450 - Delta)
Thomas Coburn [R-OK] ($17,000 - FedEx)
Susan Collins [R-ME] ($36,000 - FedEx)
Bob Corker [R-TN] ($57,800 - FedEx)
Michael Crapo [R-ID] ($15,000 - FedEx)
Jim DeMint [R-SC] ($19,000 - FedEx)
Michael Enzi [R-WY] ($30,500 - FedEx)
Charles Grassley [R-IA]
Judd Gregg [R-NH] ($22,000 - FedEx)
Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
Mike Johanns [R-NE] ($12,500 FedEx)
George LeMieux [R-FL]
Richard Lugar [R-IN] ($5,500 - FedEx)
Mitch McConnell [R-KY] ($52,400 - FedEx)
Lisa Murkowski [R-AK]
Pat Roberts [R-KS] ($31,000 - FedEx)
Jefferson Sessions [R-AL] ($29,000 - FedEx)
John Thune [R-SD] ($24,500 - FedEx)
David Vitter [R-LA] ($11,000 - FedEx)
George Voinovich [R-OH] ($14,500 - FedEx)
Roger Wicker [R-MS] ($25,000 - FedEx)

No weakness, just facts! Something you anti-unionists can't understand!

You forgot that I could really care less about your outrage on DAL donations. In fact, what does that have to do about the topic or the lawsuit? Answer: Squat
It's something for you union huggers to froth at the mouth over. Me? Not so much.

You forgot that I could really care less about your outrage on DAL donations. In fact, what does that have to do about the topic or the lawsuit? Answer: Squat
It's something for you union huggers to froth at the mouth over. Me? Not so much.

I'm curious as to what your initial reaction Might be, when you get your first pay ck. showing (the) Union Dues deduction ?

For God's sake don't vote in the IAM. No autonomy, white ballot voting, very little of your dues will stay with the local, other airlines vote on YOUR representatives. Any questions, email me! Just ask any former TWA f/a about the great IAM "clout". I will actively work against the IAM at any and every attempt to become a f/a representative. It is ALL about the dues...into the General Chairs pocket. Great gig if you're the chosen.

If you don't believe me ask to be given a copy of their Constitution and By-laws.

Truth spoken here...
Of the 3...I'd go with the Reamsters, I mean Teamsters.

Might this BE Delta's new(unwanted)theme song, compliments of the Big Red Machine, for the Ramp and F/A's ? (activate by clicking on "Joan Baez" at the top.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFO4c0SnEK4

Dude, ya gotta go with The Band's version! :lol:

Ok Kev3188, your point is well taken :D
But being an old Fart (most likely) compared to you guys, i'm a "traditionalist", so Joannie does it for me.
(just seeing the old pic's of her with "GOD" .. aka..Dylan, sends (good) chills up this old Geezer's spine)

But most Importantly, are the Words in the Song, especially taken in the context of how i'm (optomistically)certain the vote(s) should go.