IAM Decertification Campaign

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
http://www.myeit.com

Really would be something if the agents would decertify the IAM before they receive a CBA (and IAM receives a penny in dues from sCO passenger service). Even some of the hardcore PM-UA unionistas are showing their displeasure with the IAM. Commutair has been negotiating with the IAM for FAs since 2008 and still no CBA.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
You cant de certify under the RLA.

You can only hold an election to replace.

Domain Name: MYEIT.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-03-05 10:03:02
Creation Date: 2013-03-05 10:03:02
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-03-05 10:03:02
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: United States
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: (480) 624-2599
Admin Fax: (480) 624-2598
Admin Email: [email protected]
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: (480) 624-2599
Tech Fax: (480) 624-2598
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WHOIS database,

There is no decert going on at United that is remotely organized at this time. NWTWF is helping a rogue group at United sCO passenger service with little success. And a rogue group for United ramp made up mostly of sCO rampers in IAH, CLE, EWR are being itched by the Teamsters.

However, I have seen no evidence that the Teamsters are doing anything other than stirring the pot for a handful of members. Most at sCO know that the IAM hosed them over but there is little support at sUA. The teamster supporters have now signed 3 cards in 3 years and I ask their biggest supporters, "If the IBT has your back, then where are they?".

Signing cards every year gets boring. Plus, I don't think Kim Keller has the sorta juice anymore to appeal to Hoffa to fund another airline campaign after she had no control over the last 3 and made the IBT look terrible.

There is no decert going on at United that is remotely organized at this time. NWTWF is helping a rogue group at United sCO passenger service with little success. And a rogue group for United ramp made up mostly of sCO rampers in IAH, CLE, EWR are being itched by the Teamsters.

However, I have seen no evidence that the Teamsters are doing anything other than stirring the pot for a handful of members. Most at sCO know that the IAM hosed them over but there is little support at sUA. The teamster supporters have now signed 3 cards in 3 years and I ask their biggest supporters, "If the IBT has your back, then where are they?".

Signing cards every year gets boring. Plus, I don't think Kim Keller has the sorta juice anymore to appeal to Hoffa to fund another airline campaign after she had no control over the last 3 and made the IBT look terrible.

Well the IBT isn't coming after their fiasco at AA. Not going to happen. The main problem with the IAM is they haven't done anything to appeal to the sCO members. It seems like they are trying to only get back the stuff that sUA lost. But they forget, you have a whole another group of new members that needs to be catered to as well. Secret LOA's don't help either. What did they (IAM) get for the loss of Cargo? I thought negotiations was about give and take. That's the general feeling around the sCO ramp. And don't even talk about what is happening upstairs with ATO and RES. They feel totally left out in all of this. That's the general feeling with this union. So that's why you hear desertification talk, since the feel more comfortable working under FTW and dealing with management, that hasn't been historically at odds with the workforce.

Mistakes were made on both sides, IMHO. First, management should have gotten on top of the labor issue as soon as the merger was announced, instead of letting things fester. The relationship between UA and labor has been tense for a long while. So that should have been the first thing that needed to be addressed. The IAM's mistake was filing for single carrier without getting a deal of some sort for the sUA people before going into a election and joint talks. All that did was fester some bad feelings, which lead to this bad TA. (At least US is not going to make the same mistake we did)

We have the IAM here. We have to try to make this situation better. We have some good unionists on the sCO side. We can inject some life into this District. And leadership must be changed!

Not sure if this is still underway but there was an agent at LAX T7 wearing a Fly to Win pin. So it’s not that everyone at UA is content with IAM 141...

Josh

Latest posts