IAM FILES AT DELTA FOR UNION REPRESENTATION

I don't know the reason for Delta bring back OJI, I assume it is a legal matter. I have witnessed over the years people taking advantage of this perk. That is a question for someone within the company management to answer and I'm not sure they will willingly give the information or be totally truthful. (Yes Kev I said it)

I'm not sure they would either...

The time clock issue has been one of concern for ramp employees. You have to think about where your work is located. You usually work in the city you are assigned to. Me, on the other hand, I never know what city I am going to work in nor how long I will have to stay, until I show I show up for work. Would it make sense to have a timeclock in that situation? Once again when there were no time clocks, I observed employees leaving early or coming in late. Most likely the reason to bring them back. So when you say double standard, the key word is standard. The standard in this case is 120/125.

*I've got no problem w/timeclocks.

*Someone that's on as erratic as schedule as you claim to be on doesn't really need one. I assume there are plenty of mechanisms in place to make sure you're paid correctly and on time.

* Not sure what system you guys are on, but our newest one (Workbrain) seems to have a LOT of problems, especially when compared to our previous one.

The 5th week of vacation is a touchy issue for a lot of people. I personally would have liked to have seen all who hired on before the change to be grandfathered in to this perk. Union or not it probably would have been lost in contract talks. How many companies do you know of have 5 weeks vacation?

Several, actually.

Besides the airlines, Costco is one. My cousin works there, and actually has 6.

Ok Kev go ahead, divide and tear it up. Seems to be your MOO.

You'd expect anything less? LOL.

In all serious, I like to divide them up because I think it makes it easier to read...

If you win I hope you can bargain fairly. I don't drink any koolaide but I do drink Gatoraide at work.

I don't think we should expect anything less than "fair" bargaining from both sides.... Gatorade is where it's at, especially the boring old original flavor.

I can answer that one. Few do the job I do within ACSso there is nothing to compare with. I have many scopes and with all certificates and skills combined I am still happy with my pay and benefits. What can you compare your skills with?

See? But you didn't answer. How about a quantitiive amount?

Honestly, I didn't know just how good my medical benefits were until my life changing event. Believe me, I don't want to change my coverage.

Again, same here. Interesting how we've gone down the same road but come to such different ends...

Hi Delta Technician...with regards to your answer as to why Tech Ops doesn't use timeclocks, i could see this being the case for ATL-based mechanics. The Tech Ops personnel in my city, however, and i gather Tech Ops employees in virtually EVERY city outside ATL, don't travel due to work. And we see this every night when it's somebody's "Friday" in Tech Ops, and they're leaving 5 hours into an 8 hour shift.

And this says nothing of the Performance Leaders in Dept. 120/125 (Payroll Dept. as well)who aren't required to use timeclocks. If it was a simple matter of trying to cut down on payroll mistakes, one would think all departments would abide by the new procedures. I'm all for timeclocks, provided its fair and equitable. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Hi Delta Technician...with regards to your answer as to why Tech Ops doesn't use timeclocks, i could see this being the case for ATL-based mechanics. The Tech Ops personnel in my city, however, and i gather Tech Ops employees in virtually EVERY city outside ATL, don't travel due to work. And we see this every night when it's somebody's "Friday" in Tech Ops, and they're leaving 5 hours into an 8 hour shift.

And this says nothing of the Performance Leaders in Dept. 120/125 (Payroll Dept. as well)who aren't required to use timeclocks. If it was a simple matter of trying to cut down on payroll mistakes, one would think all departments would abide by the new procedures. I'm all for timeclocks, provided its fair and equitable. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right?
I am in ACs not Tech ops.

Since when does DL have traveling Mechanics?

Hmm something is rotten in Denmark.
Delta has always had traveling technicians. What is rotten about it? We love our job and will travel anywhere to do it. Our equipment desreves the best attention.

Delta has always had traveling technicians. What is rotten about it? We love our job and will travel anywhere to do it. Our equipment desreves the best attention.
Northwest also had them. They were the tech's who maintained the ground radio's at the stations. They did not do aircraft maintenance. Teams from the Hubs (or closest maint city) would go on road trips for problem a/c.

Same at US, we had Ground Communication techs who would travel to an out station to fix communication or security equipment not work on planes, if a plane broke at a non-mtc stations either another airline or vendor trouble shot it, and if parts were sent from an mtc station mechs went along with it to fix it on a road trip, no such things as gypsy mechanics.

Same at US, we had Ground Communication techs who would travel to an out station to fix communication or security equipment not work on planes, if a plane broke at a non-mtc stations either another airline or vendor trouble shot it, and if parts were sent from an mtc station mechs went along with it to fix it on a road trip, no such things as gypsy mechanics.
Continental has a road trip crew called the RAMS crew. They go and repair problem children across the system. One is a sheet metal crew the other is a "all other" crew.

Why is the IAM asking for "ANOTHER" extension ?

Can they not get their sh_t together ?

"Delta wrote the NMB to voice opposition to the IAM’s efforts to delay the process. Last Friday the NMB granted the IAM a second extension, but stressed that no further extensions would be granted. "

Why is the IAM asking for "ANOTHER" extension ?

Can they not get their sh_t together ?

"Delta wrote the NMB to voice opposition to the IAM’s efforts to delay the process. Last Friday the NMB granted the IAM a second extension, but stressed that no further extensions would be granted. "

The short answer is that the IAM wants to go by class & craft (as they have all along), and DL wants everyone to be grouped into one big pile. Well, except for stock clerks, who they contend are a part of Tech Ops.

By the way, who says they *don't* have their act together? You? DL mgmt.? Just because DL doesn't like the way the process is playing out doesn't mean the IAM (and AFA) aren't going about things correctly.

I'd rather they take the time to do it "right" instead of "right now."

All of these blurbs on DLNet (which you so accurately cut and pasted), are nothing more than attempts to manufacture opinion. Look at the words they use.

Let me ask you, Southwind:

1. Why does DL not provide a link to these letters, or better yet, the NMB? They used to, remember?

2. When they use words like "puzzled," and "disappointed," what do you think they're trying to convey? What motives do you think may be behind that?

3. Lastly, as a GSE mechanic, what do you care if ACS and Inflight organize? It's not your craft & class, right?

These are honest questions. For once, try and answer them in kind. If you don't think you can w/o your usual snarky non-answers, please don't waste the site's bandwidth.

Thanks.

1. To put it bluntly Kev, I could give a rat's a$$ if the ramp goes union or not, because in the end it doesn't garauntee anything ! Ask any NW mechanic !

2. I look at all sides of the issue, not just through union-blinders !

3. Are you the GSE mechanic you referring to in your post ?

I asked a simple question and I get the 3rd degree, typical unionite !

Are you part of the SEIU or Acorn as well ?

1. To put it bluntly Kev, I could give a rat's a$$ if the ramp goes union or not, because in the end it doesn't garauntee anything ! Ask any NW mechanic !

Clearly you do give a rat's a$$. If not, why do you spend so much time railing against representation?

2. I look at all sides of the issue, not just through union-blinders !

Good for you (honestly). Now ask yourself why does DL NOT want you to do that? What is their motive in only giving you one side, while purporting to give all of us "the facts?"

3. Are you the GSE mechanic you referring to in your post ?

Um, no. I still am a lead on the ramp.

I asked a simple question and I get the 3rd degree, typical unionite !

No 3rd degree; just simple questions, and you still failed to answer them. I'm just trying to see where you're coming from. Why get so defensive?

Are you part of the SEIU or Acorn as well ?

You just can't help yourself, can you? What a shame...

Meh. At least you're consistent...

Clearly you do give a rat's a$$. If not, why do you spend so much time railing against representation?

Good for you (honestly). Now ask yourself why does DL NOT want you to do that? What is their motive in only giving you one side, while purporting to give all of us "the facts?"

Um, no. I still am a lead on the ramp.

No 3rd degree; just simple questions, and you still failed to answer them. I'm just trying to see where you're coming from. Why get so defensive?

You just can't help yourself, can you? What a shame...

Meh. At least you're consistent...
Southwind is "Breaking-wind".......

The NMB apparently does not post their communications to regulations.gov where it can be seen by the public.

However, the FAA has just approved DL's request to merge the drug and alcohol testing programs at DL and NW into one as another sign of integration.