IAM Fleet Service topic 11/6-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job by the LAS grievance committie yesterday and today handing packets out to their brothers and sisters. The members in Vegas are first class and all are wished the very best! Whereever they go I know they will be welcomed with open arms.

You of all people listen and Believe the Corporate Greed, have you not learned anything? Are you sleeping with management now?? LOL

Tally,

Give it up hater, You really don't know me if you think that I'm in bed with management. Come to PHX and ask anyone, Nothing to hide here.

Tally,

Give it up hater, You really don't know me if you think that I'm in bed with management. Come to PHX and ask anyone, Nothing to hide here.

Tell him, "Don't be a hater, be a participator."

Remember the rumor that was spread during the TWU-IAM feud that you had named Doug Parker the godfather of your son? :lol:

Tell him, "Don't be a hater, be a participator."

Remember the rumor that was spread during the TWU-IAM feud that you had named Doug Parker the godfather of your son? :lol:

No, I heard about some of the rumors but not that one. That is actually quite funny considering I don't have kids.

Tally,

Prez, you should have took what I said as something with substance. To reply, "Don't kill the messenger" let's me know that you just didn't get anything I said. Let management deliver the lies, derogatory, and ignorant remarks themselves, if management wants to get out its message. You being a union guy don't need to be the company stooge delivering their messages here.
At any rate, please defend your comment, "Now, before anybody attacks me I don't agree with a B scale but the company may not be closing stations if it was still in place."

You can't honestly believe "...but the company may not be closing stations if the B scale was still in place."? And what is the purpose for you to say such a thing?

Prez, you should have took what I said as something with substance. To reply, "Don't kill the messenger" let's me know that you just didn't get anything I said. Let management deliver the lies, derogatory, and ignorant remarks themselves, if management wants to get out its message. You being a union guy don't need to be the company stooge delivering their messages here.
At any rate, please defend your comment, "Now, before anybody attacks me I don't agree with a B scale but the company may not be closing stations if it was still in place."

You can't honestly believe "...but the company may not be closing stations if the B scale was still in place."? And what is the purpose for you to say such a thing?

Janitor,

I was not trying to start a feud regarding payscales and I got your message. I believe that when US Airways was cutting all the cities in bankruptcy getting ready for the merger with AWA that they got Canale to agree to the B scale to save jobs which Canale took a political beating for. Canale then realized that to win his election he would have to get rid of the B scale. Just a point that I was trying to make that the company told Canale that if there was a B scale cities would be saved. If my comments have offended you or other people it was unintentional.

P. Rez

Tell The Company people you talk to, to shove it (deleted by moderator)!!! Whos doing our work now in TUS? Let me tell you, it United Employees. Guess what they make more than we do, have better health care then we do, dont tell me United is going to bid on work and take a loss on it, they bid on it and won and are making money! Ask your company connections about that since your so close with them!!

Tell The Company people you talk to, to shove it (deleted by moderator)!!! Whos doing our work now in TUS? Let me tell you, it United Employees. Guess what they make more than we do, have better health care then we do, dont tell me United is going to bid on work and take a loss on it, they bid on it and won and are making money! Ask your company connections about that since your so close with them!!

I have no friends or close contacts with management. When i am at corporate for step 3 hearings and such I know people from being employed here in PHX for 23 years. Don't try to make something out of nothing. When a company breaks down the cost of how much it is to turn a plane wages are not the only factor. Insurance, gate rental, breakroom/office rental, parking for employees etc. are considered. That is why almost all the major airlines outsource work in smaller cities to each other including United, Delta etc. Us Airways is not paying for anything but the added flight another airline employee is doing, not their insurance, parking, breakroom space etc. United, Delta, Northwest, Am West, Continental have all been going down this path for many years now and we have been unsuccessful to this point in stopping it. I have not nor will I say that this is right, it's just the way it is. And by the way, I tell management to go eff themselves everyday.

P. Rez

Whos doing our work now in TUS? Let me tell you, it United Employees. Guess what they make more than we do, have better health care then we do, dont tell me United is going to bid on work and take a loss on it, they bid on it and won and are making money!
Where are you getting your information? I was told from some of the TUS guys that DGS (hurr durr $8.00/hr) was doing the ramp down there (and making a poor job of it). UAL discontinued mainline service to TUS in June, according to a post on the United board.

Yeah but since they won the bid on US work they kept mainline employees there, I just flew through their last week, visiting family

Yeah but since they won the bid on US work they kept mainline employees there, I just flew through their last week, visiting family
Ah, swell news then. That means TUS is still an IAM shop dunnit? Jolly decent of our United brethren to keep things tidy while we're out.

Just proves me right that its not about wages, even Rez said so, its about airport fees and real estate, that should not be our problem, the company should be negotiating with the airport better rather than laying us off.

Status
Not open for further replies.