IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds as if getting 600 hours for the BUF employees was actually pretty good unless I am missing something here. They got them roughly $30 per month at retirement. I am sad to see that they were treated that way but it seems as though the Union got them something in return. What facts am I missing here?

exramper I think alot of people have the same thoughts as you . You guys were wronged by the company and the UNION. Again I have to question why I'm paying
union dues because when it really comes to representation they the IAM have fallen flat on there faces. If Parker agreed that they wouldn't touch anyone why isnt
the union holding him to that. and how come no one is informing the members of this in the field

Reactions: 2 people
Tim, you have to have 1600 hours (40 weeks) to be eligible for 1 year of pension which is $80.00 a month. They deduct for leaves of absence and get the hours from the company which a few people have found wrong..thank you USAir...
True, but 600 hours does count for 5 months of future service. At any rate, the union didn't get you squat, you were already entitled to those hours by virtue of your contract that guaranteed you to be working their past April. What chaps my arse is everything you lost. Unfortunately, the union signed on to support management in locking you out and contracting out your job before even Canale said it was ok. And unfortunately, the clock is ticking 'prematurely' on your severance, medical, etc. Never mind no overtime. But it's more than just about BUF. What would stop the company from 'renegotiating what was already negotiated in 2008" and doing the same thing to a RDU? If they know that your union rep is just going to stomp his feet on TV but then roll over and support management greasing hands by a few hundred dollars, then why wouldn't management just wipe out the next station ahead of time?

Is it ok to allow management to wipe out a station and contract it out ahead of time as long as we just grease our members a few hundred bucks? I find such a thought not only appalling but 100% antiunion and pure management. Delaney is a fraud. He defrauded UA, HAL, and now US. There is a reason why he doesn't support one item of the occupy141 platform.

At any rate, has anyone seen the LOA that Delaney signed? I have it. It protects management and supports their action by the union admitting that the company did nothing wrong. Delaney not only circumvented the negotiations team but signed on to keep all negotiations leading up to the LOA as secret. I'll PDF the doc and post it. What a crime.

Such a thing would never happen at UA, even though he hosed them also. Once again, US AIRWAYS fleet will always be second best with a limited amount of AGC's and treated second fiddle unless changes were made. You've tried two UA presidents and both have hammered you guys.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

Tim

Reactions: 3 people
True, but 600 hours does count for 5 months of future service. At any rate, the union didn't get you squat, you were already entitled to those hours by virtue of your contract that guaranteed you to be working their past April. What chaps my arse is everything you lost. Unfortunately, the union signed on to support management in locking you out and contracting out your job before even Canale said it was ok. And unfortunately, the clock is ticking 'prematurely' on your severance, medical, etc. Never mind no overtime. But it's more than just about BUF. What would stop the company from 'renegotiating what was already negotiated in 2008" and doing the same thing to a RDU? If they know that your union rep is just going to stomp his feet on TV but then roll over and support management greasing hands by a few hundred dollars, then why wouldn't management just wipe out the next station ahead of time?

Is it ok to allow management to wipe out a station and contract it out ahead of time as long as we just grease our members a few hundred bucks? I find such a thought not only appalling but 100% antiunion and pure management. Delaney is a fraud. He defrauded UA, HAL, and now US. There is a reason why he doesn't support one item of the occupy141 platform.

At any rate, has anyone seen the LOA that Delaney signed? I have it. It protects management and supports their action by the union admitting that the company did nothing wrong. Delaney not only circumvented the negotiations team but signed on to keep all negotiations leading up to the LOA as secret. I'll PDF the doc and post it. What a crime.

Such a thing would never happen at UA, even though he hosed them also. Once again, US AIRWAYS fleet will always be second best with a limited amount of AGC's and treated second fiddle unless changes were made. You've tried two UA presidents and both have hammered you guys.

Onward www.occupyiam141.com

Tim

The issue of sub contracting Fleet Service jobs in smaller stations is huge. However, as ex ramper admitted, it didn't affect me. I have to believe the majority of the members who are employed in the Hub cities couldn't give a rat's arse about this issue. They divided us on this issue when our own membership agreed and ratified a two tier wage scale for class 1 and 2 stations in the past. What a disgrace. US Airways laughed all the way to the bank. The make up of previous negotiating teams have been heavily loaded by representatives from the hub cities. This is how union endorsed sub contracting language of smaller stations got into the CBA in the first place. The company continues to play us against each other. If we allow this to continue we will end up like the TWU at AA. Representation only in the hub cities. Thousands of members lost in the outline stations. We must change course!

Well the way I understand it is they Buf employees should still be working until april. so they would have been getting their pension contribution anyway
plus that may have given them more time to decide what would be best for them and their families . if they stayed in BUF till april then transfer
maybe commuting for say 8 months until the end of 2012 would have been doable and then retire.

nothing shocks me as to what this dastdarly union adn the company do period. it is time that our hard paying dues are put to actual work and defending the FSA members Isnt that what the darn dues and the union are for?????? Heck my grievance for my case well i still havenot heard about a date for arbitration or mediation. I filed it in July 2009 had a local hearding Jan 5 2011 to this date no freaking date for arbitration or mediation has been set yet Frank O Donnell (PHL AGC) keeps telling me it will be soon. right

Reactions: 1 person
Well the way I understand it is they Buf employees should still be working until april. so they would have been getting their pension contribution anyway
plus that may have given them more time to decide what would be best for them and their families . if they stayed in BUF till april then transfer
maybe commuting for say 8 months until the end of 2012 would have been doable and then retire.

As an IAM member I ask you to put yourself in their shoes. After thirty some years of service how would you feel if you were given such options? Uproot your family, commute for close to a year, or forced retirement. Once again, it doesn't seem so bad as long as you don't have to walk the mile in his mocasins. You have no idea of the hardship this creates for the affected member. Once again, it's OK it doesn't affect me. And the company continues to laugh.

nothing shocks me as to what this dastdarly union adn the company do period. it is time that our hard paying dues are put to actual work and defending the FSA members Isnt that what the darn dues and the union are for?????? Heck my grievance for my case well i still havenot heard about a date for arbitration or mediation. I filed it in July 2009 had a local hearding Jan 5 2011 to this date no freaking date for arbitration or mediation has been set yet Frank O Donnell (PHL AGC) keeps telling me it will be soon. right

robbedagain,
there are grievances in my station that have taken as long for a final resolution as well. In defense of the current DL 141 team they are up against a "demonic" game stategy by the company. That strategy seems to be violate the contract at will and let the union have to arbitrate every violation. This stategy has created a huge backlog in unresolved grievances. The end result is a membership frustrated with their representation. Their agenda has been effective and they laugh all the way to the bank!

robbedagain,
there are grievances in my station that have taken as long for a final resolution as well. In defense of the current DL 141 team they are up against a "demonic" game stategy by the company. That strategy seems to be violate the contract at will and let the union have to arbitrate every violation. This stategy has created a huge backlog in unresolved grievances. The end result is a membership frustrated with their representation. Their agenda has been effective and they laugh all the way to the bank!
You are correct. The company violates the contract as much as they can. They say grieve it. So we do. Then they drag their feet. The real question is why are the AGC'S or the district doing nothing about that? I have many grievences that get the rubber stamp "DENIED". Step one and step two. Still waiting for the step three's. Some days i feel cheated, cause I get no support.

You are correct. The company violates the contract as much as they can. They say grieve it. So we do. Then they drag their feet. The real question is why are the AGC'S or the district doing nothing about that? I have many grievences that get the rubber stamp "DENIED". Step one and step two. Still waiting for the step three's. Some days i feel cheated, cause I get no support.
Delaney promised to address these shortcomings at US AIRWAYS when he promised to treat the US AIRWAYS members as the United airline members by increasing our AGC's to comparable levels with the UA ramp. Unfortunately, another Delaney lie. So, to get the correct amount of US AIRWAYS AGC's we will have to vote out Delaney and install the Occupy 141 ticket that addresses this disparity on the ballot with more US AIRWAYS AGC's, as opposed to only 5.

regards,

Reactions: 1 person
As an outsider with not much knowledge of the grievance doings can someone enlighten me on what happens to the company when the union wins a grievance? Are there any kind of citations, fines, or? lol I mean what is to stop the company from doing whatever they please when they know the worst that can happen is a "grievance?"

The company's strategy. They want you, all of us, to feel cheated and unsupported by our union. The fact is when they apply this strategy throughout the system it has an adverse effect on our membership's solidarity. The end result is we start blaming each other and our union leadership for the frustrating situation we find ourselves in. With this in mind I believe any elected union leadership team is climbing an uphill battle. The focus of all members should be to not lose sight of which party, in this ongoing battle, is the real threat to the membership. I believe, as fragmented as we are, there remains the common goal of better wages, benefits, working conditions and job security that are shared by all of us. Getting everyone behind the means to the end is the challenge.

As an outsider with not much knowledge of the grievance doings can someone enlighten me on what happens to the company when the union wins a grievance? Are there any kind of citations, fines, or? lol I mean what is to stop the company from doing whatever they please when they know the worst that can happen is a "grievance?"
When you file a grievance you always put in what you want for the award. It just depends on what you file is what you get. It could be money for violating scope language or ot bypass. Could be for a disciplinary letter to be removed or reduced, or if your terminated or suspended you get your job and money back.

If the company refuse to abide by an award you sue them in court, but so far in my knowledge this has only happened once at US, when the IAM sued for the airbus outsourcing and won, then had it sent to arbitration.

I think what we got here is people got in over there heads and don't know what there doing. I know for a fact that when my station
got outsourced we couldnt get our AGC to return our calls much less answer any questions.

Tim I have been going over your ideas that you want to implement if you win your election. I have to say your points are very good
and could go a long way to change the lack of true leadership we have at 141. Good luck to you and your other candidates

The company's strategy. They want you, all of us, to feel cheated and unsupported by our union. The fact is when they apply this strategy throughout the system it has an adverse effect on our membership's solidarity. The end result is we start blaming each other and our union leadership for the frustrating situation we find ourselves in. With this in mind I believe any elected union leadership team is climbing an uphill battle. The focus of all members should be to not lose sight of which party, in this ongoing battle, is the real threat to the membership. I believe, as fragmented as we are, there remains the common goal of better wages, benefits, working conditions and job security that are shared by all of us. Getting everyone behind the means to the end is the challenge.
I have the support of the membership here. Where I feel cheated is at the district level. When I need support , its not there. The members here are fed up and would love nothing more than to take the station back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts