IAM makes play for scab representation

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
Article is here.

From the article:

"Technically, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association -- a longtime rival of the IAM -- can bargain for those workers, a right the AMFA has said it won't give up, despite publicly insulting replacement workers and union mechanics who crossed the picket line.

Since the strike started in August, AMFA has been involved in grievance proceedings for fired replacement workers and wants to be involved in safety issues for Northwest mechanics, said Dennis Sutton, president of AMFA Local 5 in Romulus."

This oughta get interesting....

Article is here.

From the article:

"Technically, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association -- a longtime rival of the IAM -- can bargain for those workers, a right the AMFA has said it won't give up, despite publicly insulting replacement workers and union mechanics who crossed the picket line.

Since the strike started in August, AMFA has been involved in grievance proceedings for fired replacement workers and wants to be involved in safety issues for Northwest mechanics, said Dennis Sutton, president of AMFA Local 5 in Romulus."

A while back when Felix (PTO) made this statement (they're trying to get a union in) I laughed and told him it was probably the IAM.
Gee how could I have guessed that? I was laughing back then and I'm still laughing now.
Gotta love those die hard IAManators. Guess it gives the crew @ amfanuts a reason to scab....its their union of choice. :down:

Article is here.

From the article:

Its just like Booby DeScab and the IAM scab union to come in during a strike and attempt a card drive. The IAM couldn't get more than 500 cards in all the years that AMFA was on the NWA/Scab Air property.

The IAM has now solidified itself as the lowest form of scab lovin' scum. This is why the first to cross the AMFA picket line was the IAM cultists, hoping to get that cushy IAM office position back again. Nice job. :down: :down: :down:

wait, felix, you cant vote you are an anti union! oh wait wait! if orgot, the iam is not a union either darn! Hey at least felix you would fit right in. if you read the actual article it does state that the drive is taking place at DTW

Article is here.

From the article:

Who did not see this coming? :)

Since the major tool of labor is to withhold services (strike) what will be the tool in this toolbox? :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO :up:

Hey Kev,

Has the IAM ever crossed an IAM picket line (yet)??? :p

Take Care,
B) UT

Since the major tool of labor is to withhold services (strike) what will be the tool in this toolbox? :rolleyes:

The IAM toolbox for negotiations is like this: You open the top and look inside...there is no bottom in the box...not only are there no tools, it is an open door for any company offer coming in. The company and Bobby DePace fill the box from the bottom with a concession and the poor rank and file accept it because Bobby will tell them "its this or the door".

Since the AMFA isn't de-certified then the IAMs only route is to vote themselves in. Will the SCABs vote for union representation? Ironic. SCABs vote in the ultimate SCAB union.

This will be fun to watch the NMB make a determination on this one. Uh Uh these guys are on strike so they are not eligible,but we will allow these dead guys and management vote. I wonder how many baggage handlers will be able to be a a/c cleaner or fueler?
I'm sure it would really break the AMFAs heart if the scabs were to leave and be represented by a dues collection agency that is a little more fitting of representing SCABS. After all the industrial unions don't care if there money comes from scabs. They could be compared to a 2$ Wh--e on saturday night (I don't care who you are as long as you me).

If the AFL-CIO doesn't throw out the IAM "scab" union for even thinking about organizing NWA scabs, then the labor movement should be declared dead and the corporate crooks declared the winner. How could any good unionist be a member of the IAM after what is happening at NWA? :rant:

If the AFL-CIO doesn't throw out the IAM "scab" union for even thinking about organizing NWA scabs, then the labor movement should be declared dead and the corporate crooks declared the winner. How could any good unionist be a member of the IAM after what is happening at NWA? :rant:

Why do you think that many of the AFL-CIO unions are leaving them? Misrepresentation? (YES!!!) :up:

Take Care,
B) UT

Article is here.
Since the strike started in August, AMFA has been involved in grievance proceedings for fired replacement workers and wants to be involved in safety issues for Northwest mechanics, said Dennis Sutton, president of AMFA Local 5 in Romulus."[/i]
What makes them think that we need or want their involement in our safety? I think that we are fully capable of taking care of ourselves.

Attachments

• lri.rtf
    5.2 KB · Views: 254
Princess, you are a bit slow as is the rest of your buddies but you are beginning to see the light.

Scabs being embraced by unions. :lol:

Unfortunately, probably no one. I have to wonder if this is being done at the local level (the article only mentions DTW LL pres. Gordon), or by the district? Neither way is right, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Hey Kev,

Has the IAM ever crossed an IAM picket line (yet)??? :p

Take Care,
B) UT

I don't think so, but nothing suprises me anymore.....

What makes them think that we need or want their involement in our safety? I think that we are fully capable of taking care of ourselves.
you need someone to watch over your shoddy work. ever since you stole AMFA's jobs, NWA safety record went down faster than the Titanic sank. I personally know a local FAA agent in my city who believes NWA should be shut down until AMFA returns back to the airline and its shoddy mgmt is out of there

Latest posts