IAM Organizing JetBlue Ramp

700UW said:
And EA was destroyed by Frank Lorenzo, the only man banned from ever being involved in an airline.

The IAM, ALPA and the TWU all struck EA.
But World Fraudster loves to lie, he doesnt know fact from fiction anymore.

My Uncle was an Inspector with EA for 29 years, I lived it, and walked the picket lines with him.
Here is the truth, not the world according to world fraudster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSPAM3vauw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mya5HUDOWX0

Says something when a whole company's unionized workforce goes on strike.
 Lorenzo was the nail in the coffin but with all respect to your uncle Eastern  had its problems long before Lorenzo got there

You brought it up for discussion, I proved you to be wrong once again.

Watch the documentary, but you wont as you are anti-union and anti-worker and will never post anything that makes a union look good.

Albert,

Watch the documentary, the IAM especially tried to save EA and did a good job at it, until Lorenzo killed next to it.

Reactions: 1 person
Albert said:
Albert, First of all I would like to welcome you to the forum.  As you can already see, don't believe anything you read here (even from me) get everything verified. There are people out here that will purposely mis-lead and mis-direct for their own intentions and or gains, so be aware.  Glad to see other groups follow the pilots at JB and at least organizing, mechanics need to follow in my opinion. So Albert do you work for JB and if so may I ask with what group?  Again welcome to the forums...

1AA said:
Looks like the IAM is trying to recruit more victims for their loser IAMPF. I hope they are smart enough to realize that the IAM is not the same union as in the days of Eastern and United Airlines were.
Not my first pick either, but at least they might be thinking of unionizing at JB, it's about time...

The IAM represents more people in the airline industry than any other union, just look at the latest PMUS Fleet CBA, best in the business.

Unfortunately MX at B6 isn't looking at unions just yet. If ground ops votes it in, tech ops might just have to start looking into it. They are negotiating pay scales at the moment and it seems B6 is playing hard ball and brushing it off the table whenever the conversation is brought up. 

You cant negotiate pay scales if your non-union, that is against the law.

700UW said:
You cant negotiate pay scales if your non-union, that is against the law.
There is a peer group in all departments, which meet with upper management with requests and ideas to make changes in the employee handbook. Not a negotiation as a union-company negotiation, but with the pilots getting the ball rolling it puts the ball in the employees court. The last thing the company wants is to have another department unionize. 

first it is great to see some B6 employees on this forum.

Just because something is labeled as a documentary hardly makes it 100% accurate or even encompassing all of the truth.

EA was a mess for a long time and for many reasons.

Lorenzo made the situation worse but so did a whole lot of other causes including labor.

To try to pretend that labor was all about saving EA and blaming mgmt. for all that went wrong is not only the height of being naïve but it is also is a myth that no one in real life believes.

and specific to B6, neither side wants labor-mgmt. conflict but if the company has underpaid its people - as it did with the pilots despite clear evidence that labor was unhappy - then it should come as absolutely no surprise if labor unionizes.

The goal is and always should be that workers get the most they can get.

The myth is that it takes a union to get the best. Further, labor has created an enormous amount of damage to American companies and their inflexibility has very often resulted in far worse outcomes than if they simply cooperated with management's need to manage the business.

Labor brought EA back into the black only to have Borman and Lorenzo muck it all up

Don't let the facts get in your way, I lived it did you?

I walked the EA picket lines at JFK and LGA.

WorldTraveler said:
first it is great to see some B6 employees on this forum.

Just because something is labeled as a documentary hardly makes it 100% accurate or even encompassing all of the truth.

EA was a mess for a long time and for many reasons.

Lorenzo made the situation worse but so did a whole lot of other causes including labor.

To try to pretend that labor was all about saving EA and blaming mgmt. for all that went wrong is not only the height of being naïve but it is also is a myth that no one in real life believes.

and specific to B6, neither side wants labor-mgmt. conflict but if the company has underpaid its people - as it did with the pilots despite clear evidence that labor was unhappy - then it should come as absolutely no surprise if labor unionizes.

The goal is and always should be that workers get the most they can get.

The myth is that it takes a union to get the best. Further, labor has created an enormous amount of damage to American companies and their inflexibility has very often resulted in far worse outcomes than if they simply cooperated with management's need to manage the business.
Ill agree with you labor was part of the problem Borman was no Einstein
in the boardroom either . Airlines like any business must change and adapt to new market conditions. Unions usually resist change. Im not going to start quoting Dylan here but  some airlines sank like a stone

Thank you, Albert, for your far more open mind than the IAM's mouthpiece.

and once again the relevance to B6 is that EA is one of the dire examples of labor-mgmt. conflict - regardless of who was at fault - that simply has not existed at other airlines including B6 and which B6 and its employees have no desire of repeating.

WorldTraveler said:
Thank you, Albert, for your far more open mind than the IAM's mouthpiece.

and once again the relevance to B6 is that EA is one of the dire examples of labor-mgmt. conflict - regardless of who was at fault - that simply has not existed at other airlines including B6 and which B6 and its employees have no desire of repeating.
Conflict.. not yet. I worked for US for many years without a union even voted against them a few times, But when things start going south they the company did  hit the non-union people harder. As i stated before jetblue will feel the pilot shortage so they must pay the pilots market rates as for the others it will be what US has said to us before the merger"we dont generate the revenue so we cant give you parity with the big four".Personally I feel better in a union(even though I dont know where my dues goes"my advice is if you have 4 years with Jetblue vote yes  if you have 30 years with DL vote no. Now to piss everyone off, 38 years of observations all unions seem the same to me and I can tell you stories

WorldTraveler said:
no, they don't because DL employees receive higher pay on average than every other airline except for WN... whose employees have been locked in negotiations that have left them without increases for years.

In fact, DL has provided more and larger increases in compensation than for any other airline.

Remember that the APFA went running back to AA mgmt. to increase the value of their contract in response to DL's increases for its FAs.

Your statement is incorrect. The opposite is in fact what actually has taken place.

DL pay raises have raised the bar for other airlines.

Delta gave the FAs raises and work rules changes because the APFA got them first. Then the APFA went back asking for more money.

So no, its completely true. Plenty of times Delta has given raises because of unions getting raises.  

WorldTraveler said:
trying to argue that DL people have benefitted because of gains that the labor union has made is the complete opposite of what has actually taken place.

The statement you responded to was about DL justifying raising compensation to avoid unionization.  Why would they need to do that?

DL has long had a history of paying its people more because they gain increased efficiency.

It's really quite amazing that you find it dubious for DL to use the very same strategy that WN uses; the only difference is that DL is not unionized for most employee groups while WN is.

dispense with the nonsense that DL acts to keep unions out even though DL uses a strategy that existed long before WN was ever around.