IAM Organizing JetBlue Ramp

The ramp at Allegiant airlines was marched into one of the conference rooms in LAS, in attendance were police and management. In short, they were told as of this moment the ramp is outsourced, and if they would like to apply for the same job they were working for $9/ hour, applications are available at the end of the table. The ramp was just weeks away from organizing. People of JetBlue, don't let any Union on the property! If you have a good thing going without a union, then don't fix what isn't broke. 

While you are under  CBA that protects you?

You dont work at JetBlue an dont know their working conditions, without a CBA, they can be replaced anytime as they are employees at will.

And Note: Bob is an 8 year ramper at AA, who hates unions, but is too scared to go into management, even though he thinks and acts like management.

Ask yourself, what does he have to gain by telling you to avoid a union?

He wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for a union.

And go over to the AA boards, and read the fleet service threads and you will see he is anti-union, but has no problems getting the pay, benefits, etc... being under a CBA.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
While you are under  CBA that protects you?

You dont work at JetBlue an dont know their working conditions, without a CBA, they can be replaced anytime as they are employees at will.

And Note: Bob is an 8 year ramper at AA, who hates unions, but is too scared to go into management, even though he thinks and acts like management.
Ask yourself, what does he have to gain by telling you to avoid a union?

He wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for a union. All true except for this.

And go over to the AA boards, and read the fleet service threads and you will see he is anti-union, but has no problems getting the pay, benefits, etc... being under a CBA.

JetBlue has a good thing going for them, why f__k it up with a union? I would love to hear from a clerk from JetBlue on just what they think they would gain from this. 

When they closed LAS, do you think if you were non-union, you would have the choice to go to DFW?

Good thing going?
Thats why the pilots just organized as well as the Flight Attendants.

bob@las-AA said:

JetBlue has a good thing going for them, why f__k it up with a union? I would love to hear from a clerk from JetBlue on just what they think they would gain from this. 
Why did their pilots organize and joined ALPA? Just asking.......

JetBlue's workforce is starting to mature (going past 10 or so years), and many members are topping out or already topped out.
I believe they will do what is best for them. If they (the members) have a good relationship with the company, and been treated fairly, the company will probably give them raises to keep the IAM out. The DL announcement will probably bear that out.

It will be a tough decision:      Either more money being at will.    Or a bit less money with scope being unionized.   

700UW said:
When they closed LAS, do you think if you were non-union, you would have the choice to go to DFW?

Good thing going?
Thats why the pilots just organized as well as the Flight Attendants.
What was closed at LAS?

I can tell you bob  it pays to be union rather than nonunion   Ive been on both sides of the fence myself along with countless others   but I rather be in a union than not be in one    I rather have scope protection  above all else and pay right up there with it  etc  

T5towbar said:
Why did their pilots organize and joined ALPA? Just asking.......

JetBlue's workforce is starting to mature (going past 10 or so years), and many members are topping out or already topped out.
I believe they will do what is best for them. If they (the members) have a good relationship with the company, and been treated fairly, the company will probably give them raises to keep the IAM out. The DL announcement will probably bear that out.

It will be a tough decision:      Either more money being at will.    Or a bit less money with scope being unionized.   
T5 in my opinion jetblue will have to pay their pilots market rates or they will leave to the big 4. Jetblue does not generate enough revenue to pay all their employees market rate so the money will have to come from somewhere usually the unskilled. It is better to have a union in those circumstances as far as DL nah

700UW said:
Were you not outsourced from LAS to DFW?
No, I came to DFW for full-time, with AAL having at peek times 30 flights a day and LUS about 25, I had serious doubts whether that city would support close to 50 flight today, and with only 8 years behind me, it would take until me reaching 62 to get full time in Vegas

bob@las-AA said:
The ramp at Allegiant airlines was marched into one of the conference rooms in LAS, in attendance were police and management. In short, they were told as of this moment the ramp is outsourced, and if they would like to apply for the same job they were working for $9/ hour, applications are available at the end of the table. The ramp was just weeks away from organizing.

That says more about G4's management style than anything, really...

bob@las-AA said:
I would love to hear from a clerk from JetBlue...
So would I. If you know any, ask them to pay this site a visit...

bob@las-AA said:
No, I came to DFW for full-time, with AAL having at peek times 30 flights a day and LUS about 25, I had serious doubts whether that city would support close to 50 flight today, and with only 8 years behind me, it would take until me reaching 62 to get full time in Vegas
Been there, done that...

12039650_724614657682323_5364223124113406564_n.jpg