IAM PENSION FUND

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, May 9, 2020.

1. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

IAM Pension.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

Yes, me too, I remember vividly. AA mechanics got what they deserved by listening to him and the asso. lies and they got stuck in the arse with the asso. Question now is, will they let it happen again this time around? BUT, you just can't fix stupid (sorry rogallo) I took his phrase.

• Like Like x 2
  3. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

What I find odd is people still talk about that fool.

Better to just not mention him and let him fade into obscurity where he belongs.

It was frustrating to me when I tried to point out what a manipulative douche he is and it fell on deaf ears. I am glad people eventually saw him for what he is. I just as soon forget about him and move on. Same for 700UW (I see his name come up frequently to).

I would like us all to have a gentlemens agreement that those 2 lying manipulators won't be mentioned on the forum again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. swamt

swamt Veteran

I smell another round of cuts coming.

5. 1AA

1AA Veteran

If your referring to the IAMPF then your probably correct. What really upset me was they dragged on negotiations over the IAMPF scam. This pension plan is in Critical status and will eventually go bust. We all got jerked around for several years of negotiations over a plan that is a loser with no financial future to maintain or improve its status. They tried to put all of us in the plan to save it. After four years of trying they settled for status quo with a few tweaks. What a waste of time and compensation we endured.
    The IAM truly runs the Association.
    Guys at AA on the TWU side are blind to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2ndGENAMT

2ndGENAMT Veteran

That last April paycheck also had me scratching my head. I finally figured out that it included 80 hours at the new rate plus retro 40 hours at the new rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Exactly they owe for that contribution and the 3 pay pay periods in may

8. chilokie1

chilokie1 Senior

700UW was nothing but a politician, he was probably correct in that the IAMPF was fully funded. It only takes a ten-minute read on the PPGC website to understand that his statement although true, was misleading and disingenuous. The plan only needs to adjust (lower) the future payouts. Zero Assets x Zero Payouts = 100% of nothing.

9. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Well that didn't last long........
    You don't say.
    I would not believe a word that comes out of 700UW's mouth if Jesus himself hit him on the tongue with a notary stamp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Not for nothing, this also harmed the organizing campaign at DL. Plan Participants from NW were pissed at the unilateral changes made, and newer employees didn't seem to have any interest in being part of the plan (especially after having only known 401k's).

• Like Like x 1
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

I remember those announcements. Although these were made back in May of 2019, they were shortly moved into the "crisis status" and has been ever since and they "expect" it to remain and continue "crisis status into and thru 2020 and 2021 and get worse moving forward. IF layoffs come to the employees participating in the pension fund the "crisis status" will more than like end up in the hands of the government shortly after that. I do expect more cuts coming to the pensions yet again...

12. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

That is the problem with pensions. They are great for a while but eventually the cost overcomes the contributions due to inflation and the company's lack of growth and the guy at the end of the line always get screwed, except for our fearless leaders of course who's pensions are funded by the taxpayers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

#45 La Li Lu Le Lo, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Leaders.... that really is the biggest con ever pulled on the American people.

They are not leaders they are REPRESENTATIVES..... or at least that is what they are supposed to be.

A real testament to social engineering.

Do you feel like our so called "leaders" represent you?

In the government or the UNION?