IAM seniority concerns?

The AMTs at AA "by a large margin" support AMFA. If not for some of the non A&Ps included in our voting block - AMFA would be representing the Aircraft Mechnanics & Related at AA already. The last AMFA drive at AA (back in 2004) fell short by only 45 cards. The same mistake will not be made twice. All the info from that card drive has been saved. The last minute additions from the TWU & AA of employees that should be included; as eligible to vote, for a new union. Including: dead employees, fired employees, management employees, retired employees, there was so much corruption - the TWU should have been ousted by the NMB on the grounds of fraud. They managed to convince the NMB - that close to 500 baggage handlers were eligible to vote in the Aircraft Mechanics representational election.

The Teamsters, I ran the guy off when he showed up at my front door. Talk about complete BS. Anybody want to pay an extra $400.00 per year in dues money? If you do - vote for the IBT. Do you want the Teamsters to take over you pension money - so they can put it into their already UNDERFUNDED retirement plans? How about dealing with more appointed, untouchable union types telling you how things are going to be, while they continue to live in the lap of luxury at your expense. Aircraft Mechanics in the IBT would be in such a small group, their concerns would never be heard.

The AMTs at AA "by a large margin" support AMFA. If not for some of the non A&Ps included in our voting block - AMFA would be representing the Aircraft Mechnanics & Related at AA already. The last AMFA drive at AA (back in 2004) fell short by only 45 cards. The same mistake will not be made twice. All the info from that card drive has been saved. The last minute additions from the TWU & AA of employees that should be included; as eligible to vote, for a new union. Including: dead employees, fired employees, management employees, retired employees, there was so much corruption - the TWU should have been ousted by the NMB on the grounds of fraud. They managed to convince the NMB - that close to 500 baggage handlers were eligible to vote in the Aircraft Mechanics representational election.

The Teamsters, I ran the guy off when he showed up at my front door. Talk about complete BS. Anybody want to pay an extra $400.00 per year in dues money? If you do - vote for the IBT. Do you want the Teamsters to take over you pension money - so they can put it into their already UNDERFUNDED retirement plans? How about dealing with more appointed, untouchable union types telling you how things are going to be, while they continue to live in the lap of luxury at your expense. Aircraft Mechanics in the IBT would be in such a small group, their concerns would never be heard.
Vortilun, and 1AA, I appreciate your responses. I'm neutral on who you guys want other than I think the TWU is terrible. I hope you guys get a election and you are right about the company NOT wanting anyone but the TWU. Hopefully, you guys get beyond the company hanky panky with NMB. May probably can't come soon enough for you guys. Why don't you guys work everything out and get all AMT's to sign everybody's cards instead of drawing camps? At US AIRWAYS fleet, everyone signed all union cards and we put 3 unions on the ballot and then majority decide? Card drives go so much quicker then. Looks like maybe some still like TWU since IBT and AMFA can't file. I read TWU contract and I have no idea what would keep folks from signing cards against them. What is really sad is that all of these unions have given away work and that sucks. Now they all blame eachother when none of them have done a good job over the past 20 years. Labor is rolling over in its graves over this S&%$. regards,

Reactions: 2 people
Are any current US employees concerned about the IAM facilitating a staple job at AA similar to what they did to the TWA workers in 2001? Obviously this is a bit different than the TWA situation (asset purchase) but anything is possible. I imagine once it becomes clear the IAM will lose members in the merger they will be happy to give everyone a nice gift for parting ways.

Josh

Will former TWA IAM members be granted their full occupational seniority?
The current seniority lists at American and US Airways will be integrated according to procedures prescribed by federal law. The goal of those statutory procedures is to achieve a single unified seniority list that fairly and equitably reconciles the interests of all of the employees in the merged groups.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/american-airlines-answers-other-questions-about-what-the-merger-with-us-airways-means-for-american.html/

The current seniority lists at American and US Airways will be integrated according to procedures prescribed by federal law. The goal of those statutory procedures is to achieve a single unified seniority list that fairly and equitably reconciles the interests of all of the employees in the merged groups.

http://aviationblog....-american.html/
Nope. Arbitrators almost never overturn previous seniority rules.

Reactions: 1 person
Vortilun, and 1AA, I appreciate your responses. I'm neutral on who you guys want other than I think the TWU is terrible. I hope you guys get a election and you are right about the company NOT wanting anyone but the TWU. Hopefully, you guys get beyond the company hanky panky with NMB. May probably can't come soon enough for you guys. Why don't you guys work everything out and get all AMT's to sign everybody's cards instead of drawing camps? At US AIRWAYS fleet, everyone signed all union cards and we put 3 unions on the ballot and then majority decide? Card drives go so much quicker then. Looks like maybe some still like TWU since IBT and AMFA can't file. I read TWU contract and I have no idea what would keep folks from signing cards against them. What is really sad is that all of these unions have given away work and that sucks. Now they all blame eachother when none of them have done a good job over the past 20 years. Labor is rolling over in its graves over this S&%$. regards,
According to the most recent government statistics released, inclusive of 2012, unions now represent below 9% of the workforce in the private sector. The lowest percentage since the 1930s. A time when organized labor was born. Former labor leaders indeed have to be rolling in their graves. For the sake of our and future generations this trend had better change soon or we'll all be working for peanuts. IMO... the change has to come first from the elected leadership of the unions. Through contract language... they should be aggressively protecting existing members jobs and seeking language that brings more work to union represented jobs. Unfortunately, many existing unions' leadership teams are failing miserably in accomplishing this. In some cases they are actually agreeing to language that eliminates union represented jobs. As a dues paying member... I'm begining to feel like I'm a passenger on the TItanic.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/american-airlines-answers-other-questions-about-what-the-merger-with-us-airways-means-for-american.html/
. The TWA seniority issue is done. It is what it its. It is not a IAM issue. It was a issue between aa and twa employees. A federal ruling from a arbitrator is the same as a judge ruling. The Kasher decision was final. Time to move on to the next cluster seniority issues that are just around the corner.

. The TWA seniority issue is done. It is what it its. It is not a IAM issue. It was a issue between aa and twa employees. A federal ruling from a arbitrator is the same as a judge ruling. The Kasher decision was final. Time to move on to the next cluster seniority issues that are just around the corner.
And those issues will be determined based on which unions represent the respective work forces.

According to the most recent government statistics released, inclusive of 2012, unions now represent below 9% of the workforce in the private sector. The lowest percentage since the 1930s. A time when organized labor was born. Former labor leaders indeed have to be rolling in their graves. For the sake of our and future generations this trend had better change soon or we'll all be working for peanuts. IMO... the change has to come first from the elected leadership of the unions. Through contract language... they should be aggressively protecting existing members jobs and seeking language that brings more work to union represented jobs. Unfortunately, many existing unions' leadership teams are failing miserably in accomplishing this. In some cases they are actually agreeing to language that eliminates union represented jobs. As a dues paying member... I'm begining to feel like I'm a passenger on the TItanic.
Although it is discouraging, IMO, many of the union leaders really don't care about labor at all. I felt Genoese was a true labor leader and I think Hickman was good. I also have respect for Miranda who is the executive VP at the IBT INTL now. He was 732 President back in the day. regards,

Given who started this topic in the first place, nobody should even take Joshie's bait. Still waiting for you to tell us which financial institution you work for up there in Beantown Joshie. For some of you on the AA side who may not be familiar with this nutless little fella, he doesn't work in the industry, and never has. Just a chronic FF complainer, US & IAM hater and so on.

No Soup For You Joshie...

Unless someone says USAIR is the greatest airline of all you call them a US hater.

off-topic.gif

Josh

700 i dont think he will ever get the name right wonder what he will call it when we become american

American Airlines since the US Airways brand will soon be phased out and defunct, unless of course the merger doesn't close which is highly unlikely at this point.

Josh

No, unless we get some jackass that has the US logo with a slash thru it you should say. What will you resort to after the merger bailout boy?
And for the 50th time Joshie, your employer is?
Come back and see me when you can man-up to that one simple question.
Run along now, your parents are going to punish you for staying up past your bedtime.

Reactions: 2 people
dont know why you hate US soo much considering thru all the hell we the employees been thru i think there will be a lot of folks who will miss the usairways colors brand etc as for me its just as long as i get a paycheck every 2 wks