IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it feel when someone posts the same thoughts as you do but uses it against you?

Just posting what you are telling me and WeAA to do, dont like too bad, so sad.

Bottom line is the DL ACS and FAs went to the IAM to organize and there is a drive going on which I support as a trade unionist.

So why dont you refute the flyer about the Pilots and Profit Sharing, and refute the flyer about Ready Reserve, instead of telling others not to post, yet you can post whatever you like.

The ramp voted what once?

Inflight several times?

Thats not a lot, and like I have stated several times, at US it took the ramp and csa four votes till they unionized, but meanwhile, the company destroyed their pay, benefits, pension, sick time, oji and work.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

And by the way why does Richard Anderson and the other executives have employment contracts?

Why are they spending millions so the employees who make the profits for Delta cant have an employment contract?

Reactions: 1 person
700 what is your connection to DL?

WT is a DL retiree, has worked for DL and has specifically worked in ACS. Furthermore I imagine in his vast DL travels he engages in discussions with F/As much like I do and have friends working as F/As at numerous carriers.

I'm a DL customer who enjoys the service DL ACS and F/As provide. I can say the since the 2010 decertification many of the union NW people have lightened up but some remain bitter. I like DL because they are non-union much like I try and patronize non-union establishments whenever feasible.

Josh

700 has repeatedly stated he is a trade unionist and it was the DL peeps that came to the union seeking a card drive..    cant blame the ones who are bitter after dl got the union election thing changed to suit their needs and all they do to prevent the employees from becoming union   basically the same if not similar crap wally world does to their employees  

so a handful of DL employees came to a union to ask for a union so 700 himself now takes it upon himself to incessantly push his cause to the exclusion of the voice of the tens of thousands of DL employees who REPEATEDLY AND CONSISTENTLY have voted to not be represented by a union.

regardless of who is speaking for who or not, I WILL challenge patently false information which anyone wants to put out.

in the case of profit sharing, NOT A SINGLE PRO LABOR PERSON has EVER acknowledged that DL employee profit sharing in 2013 was higher than it was in the past.

It is a boldface manipulation of the truth to continue to say that DL profit sharing percentage was cut while failing to note that the actual dollar payout increased.

700 and the IAM is famous for that type of tactic - because that is ingrained in the type of person that 700 and the IAM are.

I have no problem with presenting true facts but to repeatedly exclude information that would tell the true and accurate picture is beyond disgusting.

But then you, robbed, did the same thing by trying to push a survey of 32 DL employees as representative when the federal government has data that represents tens of thousands.

it is precisely that type of selective presentation of data to the complete exclusion of facts that negate the point the IAM is trying to make that completely removes any credibility the labor movement has.

when the labor movement wants to demonstrate intellectual honesty, then they might be taken seriously.

it is highly doubtful that 700 will EVER lead that charge.

737823 said:
700 what is your connection to DL?

WT is a DL retiree, has worked for DL and has specifically worked in ACS. Furthermore I imagine in his vast DL travels he engages in discussions with F/As much like I do and have friends working as F/As at numerous carriers.

I'm a DL customer who enjoys the service DL ACS and F/As provide. I can say the since the 2010 decertification many of the union NW people have lightened up but some remain bitter. I like DL because they are non-union much like I try and patronize non-union establishments whenever feasible.

Josh
What is your connection to DL?

Why are you posting here?

What is your connection to the IAM?

What is your connection to the TWU?

What is your connection to US?

What is your connection to AA?

Yet you constantly attack US,  and the IAM.

He doesnt work for Delta, he collects a frozen retirement check and has flight benefits.

He worked his last eight years in revenue management, not ACS nor has he ever been a FA.

Once again you make it about the poster and not the topic.

The topic is DL ACS and FAs want to be in a union, they went to the IAM and started a grassroots campaign to be organized and have a Collective Bargaining Agreement.

And by the way why does Richard Anderson and the other executives have employment contracts?

Why are they spending millions so the employees who make the profits for Delta cant have an employment contract?

WeAAsles said:
+1000

Hey Kev let me ask you direct. Meaning these questions are just for you who currently works for DL.

How many people do you work with by percentages actually reach that "Top Out" rate?
In my station, it's roughly 20%...

Do you ever notice what the turnover rate is?
Amongst RR's, it's extremely high. Among regular employees, it's relatively high as well.

Does the company find creative ways to get rid of people to prevent them from reaching that "Top Out" rate?
Yes.

What remedies does an employee have to fight an unjust termination especially if he lives in a "Right To Work" State?
Unless it's a violation of Title VII, NONE. Remember also, that while RTW doesn't necessarily apply, the At Will Doctrine does. DL operates under Georgia state law, which is one of the few that doesn't recognize any of the 3 major policy exceptions.

700UW said:
What are the percentages of Ready Reserve to Full Time employees?
The company's stated goal is 50/50. it's important to note that DL classifies ACS employees as either Ready Reserve or "benefitted." There is no line between FT and PT- at least in the context most people are familiar with... A person may be "benefitted," but not work 40 hrs./week.

Don't forget there are also Seasonal Employees that can work 40/week from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

700UW said:
And DL they get one raise I think, I will have to ask Kevin to be sure.
Correct.

WeAAsles said:
They received a raise on 4/1/14. That "TOP" rate is $23.86. The caveat though is that it says those who hired before Jan 1 2009? What does that mean?
The top out is the same either way, as is the length of time to get there. The disparity comes in the middle steps of the scale. Someone hired after '09 will make 1000's less over the course of the progression than someone hired before that...

WeAAsles said:
You see there's another issue? DL can say that they give out a great Profit Sharing amount but by percentages, who get's the largest slice of that pie?
Those that make the most. I've said it before, but I'd like to see everyone get an equal share. We're all revenue generators, and we're all on the same team. Don't get me wrong; my PS check was nice, but it would've been almost 2k higher (gross) had it been done equally. That would obviously be fantastic. For someone only making $12/hr.? That's potentially life changing.

WorldTraveler said:
Kev doesn't and never will know and neither will any other person either at DL or any other company the distribution of employees by salary.
Actually, just about anyone with access to the employee website could get reasonably accurate idea if they wanted to. The only hurdle would be the hours it would take to comb through seniority lists.

It is absolutely amazing that there are people who want to harp on the fact that the PERCENTAGE Of profit sharing was cut for BOTH union and non-union employees by THE SAME PERCENTAGE - and yet both non-union and union workers at DL saw the HIGHEST PROFIT SHARING in the history of US aviation in 2013 and are well on track to easily surpass it in 2014.
That's 'cause we're good at what we do. All of us.

You're also still conflating 2 separate parts of the PS discussion. Highest payout & the ability for the program to be unilaterally changed are wholly separate...

WorldTraveler said:
so a handful of DL employees came to a union to ask for a union so 700 himself now takes it upon himself to incessantly push his cause to the exclusion of the voice of the tens of thousands of DL employees who REPEATEDLY AND CONSISTENTLY have voted to not be represented by a union.

regardless of who is speaking for who or not, I WILL challenge patently false information which anyone wants to put out.

in the case of profit sharing, NOT A SINGLE PRO LABOR PERSON has EVER acknowledged that DL employee profit sharing in 2013 was higher than it was in the past.

It is a boldface manipulation of the truth to continue to say that DL profit sharing percentage was cut while failing to note that the actual dollar payout increased.

it is precisely that type of selective presentation of data to the complete exclusion of facts that negate the point the IAM is trying to make that completely removes any credibility the labor movement has.

when the labor movement wants to demonstrate intellectual honesty, then they might be taken seriously.

it is highly doubtful that 700 will EVER lead that charge.
And you incessantly post and attack the poster and cant refute the facts.

The fact is a raise of 4.3% on a minimum of 2080 hours worked pays out more than 10% profit sharing, the only reason DL's payout per employee was more is that DL made bigger profits than the year before.

So how much more would have the employees recieved if the payout stayed at 15% and not been reduced by 33% without any say from DL's employees?

Why did the pilots get a 13% raise which in turn increased their profit sharing by 17%?

hey, Kev, where is your promise to throw people off the board for trying to exclude others from participating.

time for someone to spend some time in the middle of Kansas.

Kev,
your post is largely correct EXCEPT that DL complies with the labor laws in effect in EVERY STATE and foreign country in which it operates. Many cities have specific labor laws that mean different rules for different employees in the same state.

I'm sure you are aware that different states handle many work-related issues including comp time and even frequency of pay differently and DL complies with all of it.

They have no choice... just as does AA or US or any company that operates in multiple states

feel free to argue the point about profit sharing if you want.

DL people's salary is higher for the same DOT workgroup than it is for AA or US and is increasing at a far faster rate.

If DL people think they have been shafted, they will vote for a union and they should.

but the simple fact is that DL employees have repeatedly rejected further unionization and they are no closer to any verifiable increase in unionization.

the examples of what the TWU and the IAM have gained at the airlines they represent TODAY is all the reason for DL employees to realize they get nothing and stand to lose a lot by giving up what they have.

You are the only one who wants people out of the discussion as you cant refute the facts.

So when are you going to refute the two flyers I posted?

When are you going to answer why Richard Anderson and the executives work under a contract while they are spending millions so the DL employees dont work under a contract?

And how much more would DL have to pay in profit sharing if they didnt spend those millions to fight their own employees?

How much more would have they earned on a 4.3% raise vs a 10% profit sharing payout?

How much more would they have gotten if the payout wasnt unilaterally cut f 33% from 15% to 10%?

Since when does Kevin have the power to throw people off the board?

I guess you believe in censorship since people have the power of free thinking and you dont.

so a handful of DL employees came to a union to ask for a union...
No.

More accurately, thousands of DL employees "spanning multiple work groups" are seeking representation. They've chosen to approach the IAM about being the collective bargaining agent.

nope... I have said that the discussion belongs in the hands of those who will make the decision or it belongs to everyone.

I think you are a good candidate for a visit to a farm this week.

You can ask Kev about his powers.. he posted his threat to throw people off the board if they tried to exclude people from the discussion.

I support him - regardless of whether he has the power to enforce it or not.

as for profit sharing, the only real evidence is that the TWU and IAM gave it away while DL people's salary is increasing faster.

if the choice to pass it up for a larger pay raise mattered, then it would show up.

further, in typical union fashion, YOU FAIL TO NOTE that DL employees ALSO got pay raises at the same time that they have received pay raises.

even 2-3% pay raises PLUS profit sharing EASILY surpasses the pay raises that the IAM and TWU negotiated alone.

but hey, profit sharing makes no sense at DL but it does at WN because WN is unionized, right?

and WN employees aren't getting ANY pay raises right now.

Kev,
as you know, the standard is 50% plus 1. thousands could be seeking representation but in your work group alone, you need about 5000 of them. it's about 10K for in-flight.

WorldTraveler said:
hey, Kev, where is your promise to throw people off the board for trying to exclude others from participating.

Buried under about 150 pages of posts...

For those not willing to go back through them-or those that didn't "grasp" it the first time around- the proposal is for everyone to agree that playing the "I'm more relevant than you" game will mean a self imposed 30 day ban.

I'm still waiting for someone to join me.

You game? You'd have a legit claim to being a "first mover."

Kev,
your post is largely correct EXCEPT that DL complies with the labor laws in effect in EVERY STATE and foreign country in which it operates.
No one said otherwise.

Doesn't change the fact that people can have their "direct relationship" terminated at any time, for any reason.

I won't be taking up your offer because I am the ONLY person in this or any other discussion who has said that I am willing to DEFER my right to speak on the subject in order to allow someone else who has a higher vested interest in speaking.

I am willing to sit on the sidelines but only as long as others who have EVEN LESS OF A VESTED INTEREST than I to also remain on the sideline.

DL CANNOT operate its business in other states using laws that apply to Georgia if other states or the United States have laws that cover those issues in their own states.

DL does not have the right to impose its Georgia specific practices on employees in states who have laws which require something "stronger."

It's never been about exclusion. You'll recall that I am an advocate of open discussions.

It's about the end of posts like this:

but only as long as others who have EVEN LESS OF A VESTED INTEREST than I

At any rate, the offer stands...

You are the only one who wants people out of the discussion as you cant refute the facts.

So when are you going to refute the two flyers I posted?

When are you going to answer why Richard Anderson and the executives work under a contract while they are spending millions so the DL employees dont work under a contract?

And how much more would DL have to pay in profit sharing if they didnt spend those millions to fight their own employees?

How much more would have they earned on a 4.3% raise vs a 10% profit sharing payout?

How much more would they have gotten if the payout wasnt unilaterally cut f 33% from 15% to 10%?

Since when does Kevin have the power to throw people off the board?

I guess you believe in censorship since people have the power of free thinking and you dont.

crickets.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.