IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev3188 said:
Agreed on the reporter's poor choice of words. For those that may not know, once the election results were final, all CBA's on the property were voided.

And how is this news? Once the elections were upheld and the unions were decertified one by one like a house cards of caving in and it left many bitter disgruntled ex-NW employees.

Kev3188 said:
I didn't see any "misinformation" or "half truths" in that article.
DL feels the story mischaracterized the program as temporary employment. But you knew that already. People can have a "fear" that they will be replaced with RR, but DL has not done that. As you have posted and agreed it is used to backfill positions.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentaries/141673763.html

Josh

737823 said:
And how is this news?
For you? It's not. That's why I put "for those that may not know" on the front of it. We're not the only ones that read these threads, you know.

DL feels the story mischaracterized the program as temporary employment.
Yeah, well DL can "feel" all it wants to. That doesn't change your mischaracterization of the article as "rife with misinformation & half truths."

Reactions: 1 person
For everyone ONE incident that you bring up,(here say please keep in mind there are MANY more "incidents' where Delta treats us well.  The fact is
the MAJORITY have voted to keep the Union away THREE times, and a Forth if needed.(not likely a vote will even come about after all this time trying to get cards signed)  We F/A's are clearly NOT a group that is victimized, though a few do try to play the victim. Sorry JMO but if you are NOT a F/A then stay OUT of this.  I would  never get involved in what the ramp/agents would do.  I don't work their job, therefore Its none of my business if they want to unionized or not. 

Reactions: 2 people
Just like the blankets?

Spin that one.

This is a message board, if you dont like what I have to post, then ignore it.

Didnt read anywhere in the TOS you have to be this or that to be able to post in a thread.

I can I post hundreds of incidents where on how the FAs are mistreated.

BABABOOY said:
For everyone ONE incident that you bring up,(here say please keep in mind there are MANY more "incidents' where Delta treats us well.  The fact is
the MAJORITY have voted to keep the Union away THREE times, and a Forth if needed.(not likely a vote will even come about after all this time trying to get cards signed)  We F/A's are clearly NOT a group that is victimized, though a few do try to play the victim. Sorry JMO but if you are NOT a F/A then stay OUT of this.  I would  never get involved in what the ramp/agents would do.  I don't work their job, therefore Its none of my business if they want to unionized or not. 
I hope you're correct about the 4th vote.  However, as unions are more-or-less a dime a dozen, I have a feeling that there will be voting at DL until the "correct" result is achieved ... ... ... :p

700UW said:
Just like the blankets?

Spin that one.

This is a message board, if you dont like what I have to post, then ignore it.

Didnt read anywhere in the TOS you have to be this or that to be able to post in a thread.

I can I post hundreds of incidents where on how the FAs are mistreated.
Yep sure can but people can also avail themselves to the World Class F/A FB group to view their rants. Are these based on actually discussions with F/As like you stated in the holiday pay 12x thread or are these based on postings on that site?

Josh

Yes I invite everyone to the FB group (open to the public) World Class Delta Flight Attendants.  A vile few that are anything but World Class.  and about the blanket.   You believe the F/A group is naive enough to sign a card over a blanket ?  really?  

All the IAM cares about is dues, they have lost members over the years and need to work aggressively to sign on new dues payers to maintain the Lear, cushy positions for GVP/GST/IP and countless DL and LL folks. The Grand Lodge rolls are pretty fat as it is, and EAs and other staff are paid handsomely compared to what similar roles pay in the private sector. But let's bot forget they are there for the membership...

Josh

For someone who isnt an airline employee, never have and never an IAM member, you sure claim to know the inner workings.

Which you are completely wrong about.

737823 said:
Yep sure can but people can also avail themselves to the World Class F/A FB group to view their rants. Are these based on actually discussions with F/As like you stated in the holiday pay 12x thread or are these based on postings on that site?

Josh
You hear the birds chirp.

Josh

Meanwhile I am still struggling with understanding how someone does this and then expects to safely operate a motor vehicle.

A flight attendant for a major carrier told the Star Tribune that she remembers taking Ambien and drinking wine on an off-duty flight, but not what happened next. (couldn't wait to get home to take the stuff?)

"To force sleep, Bronson testified she took two Ambiens, drank five or six glasses of wine in three hours, and then crawled into bed at 7 p.m. on April 23, 2009. She woke up several hours later in jail."

The FDA label also says sleep driving and sleep sex have been reported, and that alcohol can make Ambien’s side effects worse. “Patients usually do not remember these events,” the agency says.

I guess not - and most of us understand why.

WorldTraveler said:
DL does not have any AMS based FAs right? DL did have NRT based FAs at the time of the AFA campaign there. I'm trying to understand the reason for a campaign in AMS. Why not LHR or CDG? or better yet in the U S of A.
Massive amounts of F/A's traveling to/through there from many different bases.

BABABOOY said:
We F/A's are clearly NOT a group that is victimized..
Maybe, but they ARE a group divided.

BABABOOY said:
Yes I invite everyone to the FB group (open to the public) World Class Delta Flight Attendants.  A vile few that are anything but World Class.
"Few" being the key word. At let's be real; there's some really vile things said on No Way (and DP before it died on the vine) as well. People say all kinds of ish on both pages...

the campaign in AMS

this is also interesting from the article
"The routine is familiar to an American Airlines flight attendant who flies between Miami, the Dominican Republic and Panama and says he often works 14-hour days with a 10-hour layover twice a week.

“By the time you close that door behind you at the hotel, it’s usually 9:30 or 10 o’clock,” he said, with a wake-up call at 6:30 the next morning"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts