IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
baba  you forgot to post to show the raises if any the DL FAs were to get btwn 2013 n 2014  that would give a comparison btwn union and non union     

the comparison would be to show the six weeks of pay that comes from profit sharing that AA/US employees don't have.

for all the anti-mgmt. drivel that the IAM throws out, the biggest slap in the face of workers is that AA is finally recording solid profits and labor gets virtually none of it.

DL and WN realize that the oil that lubricates the free enterprise system is green.

Reactions: 1 person
The graph shows me that the Machinist can't guarantee a raise,  
Though their supporters keep making promises.  Their track record for F/A's leaves a lot to be desired. 

its that same machinists that guarantee us FSAs raises over the next few yrs plus a signing bonus   Me thinks they learned one helluva lesson from the UA and the HA deals   but the big test will come when they negotiate for a JCBA at the new AA.  

When the IAM represented CO's FAs they were the highest paid in the industry, they only reason the AFA won at UA is because of sheer numbers.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
What "guarantees" do either of us have now?

The good news is that DL F/A's will be able to negotiate based on items important to you, not based on what another carrier has done...
there are no guarantees for anyone.... but there is a track record of what unions have accomplished (or mostly not) at other airlines.

There is a MARKET for labor services and what DL employees get is DIRECTLY related to what employees get at other airlines

In fact, it is the very limited amount of salary movement at other airlines relative to DL that holds back more increases for DL employees; remember that you have long argued that DL pays better than other airlines just to keep the unions out.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12821550/1/alaska-air-counters-delta-assault-with-secret-weapon-unified-employees.html

The employeeshttp://www.thestreet.com/story/1282...lt-with-secret-weapon-unified-employees.html# "know Delta is anti-union," said Tom Higginbotham, president of IAM District Lodge 142. "Their focus is on making Alaska work better than Delta.

"The company is definitely doing everything it can to bring everyone together for what it believes is a war," Higginbotham said. "Our relationship with Alaska over the last five or six years has been very good, and this has strengthened everybody's willingness to cooperate with each other."

The IAM represents about 3,100 employees, including 2,500 agents and 600 ramp and stores workers.
Jeff Peterson, president of the Alaska chapter of the Association of Flight Attendants, said, "Considering Delta is one of our closest code share partners, Delta management isn't playing very nice.

"Many of Delta's flight attendants seem to have the impression that Delta is going to buy us or run us out of businesshttp://www.thestreet.com/story/1282...lt-with-secret-weapon-unified-employees.html#," Peterson said. "That opinion must be coming from their management [but] I can assure you that's not going to happen. Delta does a nice job, we don't begrudge their employees anything, but we're here to stay."

Reactions: 4 people
"The company is definitely doing everything it can to bring everyone together for what it believes is a war," Higginbotham said. "Our relationship with Alaska over the last five or six years has been very good, and this has strengthened everybody's willingness to cooperate with each other."

Wait, what? Cooperating?

Lord have mercy; that doesn't match the narrative at all...

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
Hey Look it's WT's Car!

php5i1Asg.jpeg

And his wifes:

phpJzfmmY.jpeg

Somone's jealous! Must be a side effect of "Wealth Envy"!

southwind said:

Somone's jealous! Must be a side effect of "Wealth Envy"!
Truly how stupid are you?

Its humor, learn about it.

And I dont care if he or anyone else has a mini-cooper.

I prefer this as my ride:

machinstsjet.JPG

Reactions: 4 people
It makes one wonder how he comes up with his conclusions based on articles and posts. I truly believe he doesn't have the ability to comprehend certain concepts. It does make me understand why he is in a shop.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts