IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice crew meal for the Flight Attendants, mean while the pilots who have a CBA got a first class meal tray.

13:09 hour duty day. Of course we get our crew "meal" on the first leg, JAX-ATL 45 minute flight time with a full service. "Meals" bulk loaded, no set-ups, no utensils. This was it a soggy sandwich!

1506661_10201862945192870_1467778913_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
maybe I am missing something but I don't see any meal service in any cabin scheduled on any flight JAX-ATL.

full service?

help us out here.

Perhaps an ACTIVE DL or other airline employee can tell us if DL or any US airline boards crew meals on a flight that they do not cater for revenue passengers.

further, if it is a sandwich, are utensils even necessary, regardless of the length? Can't say any restaurant I have ever been to provides utensils with a sandwich.

Full Beverage service on a 45 minute leg.

Crew meals for pilots are a contractual item, for the FAs, its up to Delta's whim, as they can change the rules at anytime.

An airplane is not a restaurant, and every restaurant I have been too, there is silverware on the table for the guests to use, really lame distraction saying that.

I have been to say Applebees, or similar, gotten a sandwich, yet they dont take my silverware away, now do they?

And some people have dental issues and do use silverware to eat a sandwich, even the new Mayor of New York City was seen eating pizza with a knife and fork.

Now, back to the topic at hand, pilots get a first class meal, FAs got a soggy sandwich.

I'm not sure where the injustice is but a beverage service on a flight is hardly beyond what most customers expect.

I'm personally of the opinion that an abbreviated service - water, coffee, and one juice is acceptable but DL apparently has higher standards. Many airlines in other parts of the world (and some in the US) do beverage services - even with limited choices - on a lot shorter flights than ATL-JAX.

And DL does have minimum flight times that are necessary in order to do a coach beverage service.

I still am not sure that there is any validity to the argument that DL pilots get something significantly better for crew meals than what DL offers its FAs.

If you have read any pilot-frequented threads, some DL pilots feel short-changed because they got little to nothing compared to other DL employees for THX, Christmas, and holiday meals in lounges.

We understand that you will try endlessly to paint the image that DL FAs are mistreated but you might ponder that they don't buy it based on their repeated votes not to change what they have and based on the statements of ACTIVE DL FAs on this and other forums.

You also can't seem to accept that DL employees are smart enough to know what is good for themselves so you make an internet career out of trying to tell them otherwise.

We can leave the decision to actual, active DL employees and off of this forum or you will continue to have to deal with people who will challenge you and the labor movement for what it is and says.

I personally would prefer to let actual, active DL employees engage in their own representation campaign and leave bystanders as real bystanders.

This board really won't whither up and die if you no longer use it as a union recruiting site.

Isn't AFA the union that gets poked fun at for constantly reminding everyone they championed crew meals? I could be mistaken but I think in the UA campaign even some of the IAM activists said how the IAM would maintain high base rates and not fight for silly things like crew meals when F/As can eat leftover FC meals or bring their own food. DL doesn't serve meals on flights under 2.5 hours except in certain business markets, ATL-Florida in FC does not get pax meals but they may for crew members. I've seen the F/As feed pilots BOS-JFK on AA mainline, only beverage service even in FC.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
My firm has a $30 working dinner stipend (late nights in the office) but we have flexibility and can use discretion to go above the amount. And I'm not covered under a CBA. Why might that be?

Josh

Its called having rules and regulations and not being an employee at will.

Why is it ok for Richard Anderson and the rest of the executives to have a Contract, but not the rank and file employees who make the company its money?

737823 said:
 not fight for silly things like crew meals when F/As can eat leftover FC meals or bring their own food.
Josh
Explain this one genius.

If you are on a four day trip, how are you going to back food for 96 hours worth of time?

What are you in Europe or the US, cant take food in or out of the country.

Great picture, accurate as well. (No one around the table) birds chirping.....

700UW said:
Explain this one genius.

If you are on a four day trip, how are you going to back food for 96 hours worth of time?

What are you in Europe or the US, cant take food in or out of the country.
Getting personal and calling someone a "Genius" really?   Ok Genius, in trying to decipher you message, (kinda hard) but it sounds like your trying to say you can't take food in or out of the US..since when can you NOT take food in or out of the US?  Inbound to the US, yes there are restrictions but you CAN, you just have  to declare.   Inbound to most European cities there are NOT restrictions.   This is the problem on this site when a certain few can't argue the facts and get personal. 

Status
Not open for further replies.