IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta intl premium  $1.25/ International per diem $2.70/ Domestic $2.20 / Purser pay $5.40/ Flight leader $2.70/ 
12 years to top out. Holiday pay (6@Pay the greater of $20 per actual flight hours
OR $5 per hour forTime Away From Base(TAFB) on the holiday/  ground holding at $14.74 after 30min. No full time reserve/ No union dues - $43 avg.profit sharing begins
at the first dollar ofprofit. Profit Sharing pool is funded by 10% of eligible profits on the first $2.5 billion of company profit and 20% on eligible profits over $2.5 billion.  Shared reward

Award based on three performance metrics and pays $25, $75 or $100 per month=FA Total paid:
2007 - $875
2008 - $800
2009 - $1,000
2010 - $400
2011 - $700
2012 - $1,200 

You see it adds up.  I'm not saying we are at the top of total pay however we are certainly not #  6 

Reactions: 1 person
BABABOOY said:
Now that both NW and DL crews are finally one, we are experiencing each others differences on issues .
 Here is an example.  Captain tells me (Purser) that they don't have enough pillows and blankets for their crew rest (needed two more blankets and 2 more pillows) and that we will not depart until we get them.  I get in touch with the agent and notify them.  At 5 min before departure she comes down and says they are having trouble contacting workers to get the pillows and blankets.  
I ask her if all the Business Elite passengers  have boarded. Yes. I go to the two empty seats and grab the pillow and blankets and hand them to her to give the capt.  Case closed.  The flight attendant working with me see's this and states that I shouldn't have done this and they needed to learn to supply correctly.   I asked if this is how it was done at NW?  She said yes.  I asked her if she really thought we should be delayed to make a point?  Yes......SMH  I want no part of that divisiveness.  At Delta we work together to get things done.  I will continue to fight to keep that mentality away.
Nice story thanks. The unionistas, to a certain degree just like asserting their "contract" and making a big deal about things to demonstrate principle.

Josh

700UW said:
And your making less now than you were about 8 years or more ago,

F/A's are making more than we did 8 years ago.
Once again your WRONG. Don't let the facts get in the way.
 Here are the facts in black and white.
I decided to look and I will be happy to share my % earning since 2001
this is the bigger picture and not some convenient  "snap shot" 

BTW this DOESN"T include Profit sharing and Shared Rewards received over the last several years as noted in my earlier post.

Nov 2001   3.07% increase
Nov 2002   4.95
Nov 2003  10.14
Jul  2004     2.08
Nov 2004      .27
Jan 2005  -10.01 decrease 
Nov 2005  -11.22 decrease
jun 2006     0.00
Jul 2007      4.00
jul  2008     3.00
jan 2009     3.00
Oct 2010    5.00
July 2012   4.00
May 2013   5.00

Interesting to note increases from 9/11/2001 to Jan 2005
my colleagues from NW saw a much quicker reduction. 
Also note the increases  from 2007 on....

What are my peers making now vs 8-10 years ago?

And I want to pay a Union possibly $600 a year for what?  A piece of paper and 
No Guarantee of anything?
Question, If I'm going to pay a Union, will I get a signed contract from THEM stating what they will or won't do for me?
All I'm seeing/hearing is a bunch of empty promises.  With the "Hope" of delivering . 
After 25+ years, you must understand that i'm putting my money with Delta.
And before anyone cries "But they can take it all away at any time" Simple answer is -didn't they with NW and they had 
a Contract?
 I have the numbers and history on my side.  enough said..

BABABOOY said:
They are? All of them? All the numbers you & I get reflect TOS employees. How 'bout those at the bottom or on lower tiers? How do they stack up comparatively? There's a lot of your colleagues who claim otherwise. Don;t forget to include increases in employee borne costs and/or decreases in paid time off...

BTW this DOESN"T include Profit sharing and Shared Rewards received over the last several years as noted in my earlier post.

Nov 2002   4.95
Nov 2003  10.14
Jul  2004     2.08
Nov 2004      .27
jun 2006     0.00
Jul 2007      4.00
jul  2008     3.00
jan 2009     3.00
Oct 2010    5.00
July 2012   4.00
May 2013   5.00
I'll trust your math, and that in YOUR case it shows you've finally past the "restoration" threshold, and are back to increases. OTOH, it looks like only 3% over the last 9 years. That's nothing to write home about. I also assume you're topped out. I wonder how the back of the envelope math of a, say, 4-5 year employee might look? How 'bout someone who flies only (or mainly) domestic?

All I'm seeing/hearing is a bunch of empty promises.  With the "Hope" of delivering . 
And before anyone cries "But they can take it all away at any time" Simple answer is -didn't they with NW and they had 
a Contract?
Just so I'm clear; you poke fun at what you perceive as "hope" from organized labor, yet will bank on the same idea as long as it comes from your employer? Is that correct?

BABABOOY said:

Nov 2002   4.95
Nov 2003  10.14
Jul  2004     2.08
Nov 2004      .27
jun 2006     0.00
Jul 2007      4.00
jul  2008     3.00
jan 2009     3.00
Oct 2010    5.00
July 2012   4.00
May 2013   5.00

Interesting to note increases from 9/11/2001 to Jan 2005
my colleagues from NW saw a much quicker reduction. 
Also note the increases  from 2007 on....

What are my peers making now vs 8-10 years ago?

And I want to pay a Union possibly $600 a year for what?  A piece of paper and 
No Guarantee of anything?
Question, If I'm going to pay a Union, will I get a signed contract from THEM stating what they will or won't do for me?
a Contract?
 I have the numbers and history on my side.  enough said..
3% in 9 years? Wow. That does not take into account increases in insurance payments and reductions in vacation and sick accruals. That sucks.

That is nothing to praise your employer about.

I guess you are in the "lucky to have a job" corner?

I am glad you have 25 years and are finally getting some raises. I feel bad for all the juniors who are not so fortunate. I guess they knew what they signed up for?

Glenn Quagmire said:
3% in 9 years? Wow. That does not take into account increases in insurance payments and reductions in vacation and sick accruals. That sucks.
That is nothing to praise your employer about.
I guess you are in the "lucky to have a job" corner?
I am glad you have 25 years and are finally getting some raises. I feel bad for all the juniors who are not so fortunate. I guess they knew what they signed up for?
And enlighten us on how much REAL earnings for represented airline employees have increased in the past 12 years, especially considering increased health care and deterioration of other benefits. I look forward to your response.

Josh

Delta Pilots Approve New Industry-Leading Labor Agreement
June 2012
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304058404577496790953561450

The nearly 11,000 pilots will receive a 4% pay increase on this week, another increase of 8.5% in January and then two annual increases of 3%, according to an earlier union bulletin that explained the terms of the deal reached May 15. By the end of 2014, pay rates will be nearly 20% higher than they are today, ALPA said in that bulletin. A 737 captain who earned $153 an hour in 2008, the year Delta and Northwest Airlines merged, will be paid $217 an hour effective in January 2015.

Aside from the higher pay rates and an increase in the company's contribution to the pilot's pension plan in 2014, the Delta pilots won increased flying as the airline is acquiring 88 small Boeing Co. BA -0.49% 717s jetliners that will be flown by them, not pilots at Delta's commuter affiliates. In return, the pilots will let Delta add 70 smaller jets to its regional airline operations and require Delta to phase out some of the smallest 50-seat jets flown by the regional affiliates.

US Airways Flight Attendants Ratify Contract

February 28, 2013

Sets Strong Position for Flight Attendants in Merger with American Airlines

Washington, DC – US Airways Flight Attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA), today ratified a single contract with
double-digit pay increases, industry-leading job protections and work rules, and a seat at the table as full partners in the merger with American Airlines. The contract, reached with the assistance of the National Mediation Board, sets the stage for additional improvements, uniting both groups under one agreement and positioning Flight Attendants for future improvements. With an overwhelming number of Flight Attendants participating, the contract was ratified by 80 percent.
“Today, we move forward as one. US Airways Flight Attendants stood strong and secured strong economic improvements and job protections. Together, we are well positioned to advance as key partners in the merger with American Airlines and will continue our work to further improve wages, benefits and work rules for all Flight Attendants at the new American,” said AFA US Airways Presidents Roger Holmin and Deborah Volpe. 

The contract requires four-party discussions with management from American and US Airways, along with American Airlines’ Flight Attendant representative, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA). These discussions will develop a framework for integrating the two Flight Attendant groups, including contracts – and protections that would apply until integration takes place.

“Through determination and perseverance, US Airways Flight Attendants are well positioned for negotiating additional improvements in the upcoming merger. We are ready to work with our flying partners at American Airlines to raise the bar for our profession and collaborate on issues that matter to Flight Attendants. As full partners in the process, US Airways Flight Attendants will play a key role in creating the world’s largest airline. AFA’s extensive merger experience will help ensure that US Airways Flight Attendants retain a strong voice through this process and all Flight Attendants will benefit through unity.” Holmin and Volpe concluded.

Washington, D.C., February 25, 2011 – The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today announced that Flight Attendants at Continental Airlines have voted to ratify a new interim collective bargaining agreement that will raise their top base pay to $52.53 per hour while providing a no-furlough guarantee for the duration of the accord.
The contract was ratified by 68 percent of voting members, with 70 percent of the overall membership participating. The new interim agreement covers 9,300 Flight Attendants based in Houston, TX, Newark, NJ and Cleveland, OH. The 20-month contract is retroactive to January 1, 2010.
“This interim agreement provides immediate raises and important merger protections as United and Continental integrate their operations,” said IAM General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr. “After we win representation rights for the combined Flight Attendant group, we will return to the table and negotiate long-term improvements for all 25,000 Flight Attendants.”
Under this contract, a senior Flight Attendant at Continental will earn $13,035.60 more annually than a United Airlines Flight Attendant.
Surveys will soon be circulated among Continental and United Flight Attendants to identify key issues for the combined group in negotiations that will commence following the successful completion of a union representation election.
In addition to base wage rates that are the highest of any legacy carrier in the industry, the new contract provides for retroactive pay, profit sharing, restoration of a company 401(k) match and improved work rules.
“Continental Flight Attendants declined a previous contract offer and directed our negotiating committee to continue bargaining,” said IAM District 142 President Tom Higginbotham. “The IAM listened to our members and made the adjustments our Flight Attendants wanted. This contract reflects the goals set by our membership.

Reactions: 2 people
Since every major airline’s pilots are unionized except for B6, I’m not sure what your point is in including the DL pilots since DL has given its non-contract employees pay raises every time the pilots have gotten something. There are a lot of DL pilots who believe they didn’t gain near as much as simple math would indicate because they gave up other things including increased efficiency in order to gain those pay raises.

Those 717s that the DL pilots will fly will be staffed by DL FAs and will increase jobs for DL mainline employees across the company. DL remains the most aggressive network airline in growing its mainline fleet at the expense of its contract carriers – and traffic data confirms that point.

How about you and the union supporters give us percentages of cost increases for health care contributions that union members have sustained – both within and outside of the airline industry?

Throwing health care costs into the discussion completely shows that the labor movement has been completely ineffective at addressing the major macroeconomic issues facing middle class America despite arguments of how the labor movement is needed to improve the lot of middle class America.
If labor has been completely unsuccessful in addressing health care cost increases, the largest source of historical and future middle class earnings reductions, both within and outside of the airline industry, then why should ANYONE believe that labor can deliver anything else? DL employees don’t believe labor has any ability to address any of the real middle class issues either in the airline industry or not.
Spending hours on this board championing for a dead and ineffective cause in the eyes of middle class America, esp. in the private sector, instead of rebuilding the entire proposition of the labor movement shows precisely why the few remaining labor members in the US will be gone within a generation.

Specific to the airline industry, what labor supporters on this board absolutely refuse to acknowledge despite the fact that the DL employees who have consistently said “no” to increased unionization, is that DL employees have fared as well or better than their peers at other network airlines, regardless of whether the subject is pay increases, total pay and benefits, or job security. And of course the labor supporters on here want to pick out one item like soggy sandwiches at the expense of the entire compensation package that DL employees actually take home.

The inability for the labor movement to deliver true value to the realities of the airline industry today is precisely why DL employees have repeatedly said “we’re not buying” and will likely continue to do so.

Reactions: 2 people
Its in response to Josh.

And B6's pilots might not be unionized but they pilots work on renewable employment contracts.

Those 717s that the DL pilots will fly will be staffed by DL FAs and will increase jobs for DL mainline employees across the company....
Not on the ACS side, they won't- at least on any statistically meaningful scale.

Upgauging a flight from, say, a CR9 to a 717 will offset fixed costs, of course, but that won't necessarily drive headcount(s).

WorldTraveler said:
so negotiating individual employment contracts is acceptable? isn't that what execs do?
They arent negotiated its a standard employment contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts