IAM/TWU aim low.......

If the US/IAM M&R CBA is voted in and the company is given "cross utilization" along with the IAM filing for single carrier status, why would the company ever want to or need to negotiate for a JCBA?

Reactions: 1 person
skinvalve said:
If the US/IAM M&R CBA is voted in and the company is given "cross utilization" along with the IAM filing for single carrier status, why would the company ever want to or need to negotiate for a JCBA?
Did you not read the language I posted?

They cant cross utilize in base.

And they can only cross utilize if needed at stations where both PMUS and PMAA has mechanics and neither mechanic can touch each other's planes until they are trained on them, just like what happened in the US/HP merger.

They need synergies, that is a cost savings to them, and if US didnt want a JCBA why did US insist on JCBA negotiations start 30 days after ratification of the TA?

And the minute cross utilization happens no one can be displaced.

700UW said:
Lying again there,

What union agreed to the B-Scale in 1983?

What union just after that agreed to the C-Scale?

That would be the TWU, not the IAM.

What union permits mechanic helpers in their CBA?

That would be the TWU with OSMs.

Really, you want to go into business with the TWU?

700UW said:
Dont put words into my posts, I never stated it.

Like I said. You didn't have to!

VOTE NO TO THIS BS ALLIANCE!   if it comes to a vote!

Cross utilization at the bases is a non-issue TUL PIT CLT have no overlap. But what about Line? BOS LGA DCA ORD SEA SFO LAX and a few others have considerable overlap and cross training can happen in the blink of an eye. Layoff protection is great but what I am saying is once cross utilization is granted the company has all it needs for many years to come. The unions have two bad contracts and no leverage. Company will kick the can down the road enjoying the best and worst of both bad contacts with nothing the unions can do. What is now will be for many years to come. History has shown us that. Does anyone really think the company will step up and offer M&R a JCBA when they can now sit back and enjoy taking advantage of two long term contacts? Yes the US/IAM CBA will pass by a small margin with a low voter turn and this will be our fate, as what happened with the HP/US TA. Remember when we gave it all away them? 5%401k match, profit sharing, 100% narrow body airbus in house work.  For what we are giving the company "cross utilization" we should be getting more than what is presented by the IAM. Are we going to give it away again? I bet yes, and that's a shame.

You do realize the company not the union is pushing for JCBA negotiations?

And I dont think the M&R CBA will pass, I for one would vote against it.

700UW said:
I guess you havent heard of the word SYNERGIES?

The HP/US Transition Agreement brought 50% of overhaul back in-house and restored a pension for M&R.

And US filed chapter 11 TWICE in less than two years, no other legacy UA, CO, DL,and NW did that, now did they?
thats something to be proud of!

Reactions: 2 people
Going from no restrictions on farming out since our CBA was abrogated in court, to negotiating a cap of 50% of billable hours, is an achievement.

And getting a DBP instead of a 401k is an improvement.

700UW said:
And getting a DBP instead of a 401k is an improvement.
Not necessarily. I know you like to harp on 401ks being a bad deal because it's your own money, but if the company is matching a good amount you'll make plenty and have control over your own retirement.

After loosing my DBP I'll take a 401K match any day.
A DBP is nothing more than smoke and mirrors designed to keep employees beholding to the company and/or union in some cases.
The PBGC gives me $1K a month, live on that!
B) xUT

blue collar said:
Not necessarily. I know you like to harp on 401ks being a bad deal because it's your own money, but if the company is matching a good amount you'll make plenty and have control over your own retirement.
...And IMO, that control translates into worker empowerment...

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Agreed. Pensions are nice to supplement your 401k just like SS is, but it ties you to either the company or union and the rules they have set up. I'm not saying pensions are bad - just that they're not an improvement over a company matched 401k.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Agreed. If we had 401ks all along then more than likely we would all be earning a lot more and have most of our workrules and benefits intact. people gave up everything to save the pensions and ultimately lost them anyway. Our pensions became their most powerful weapon.