IAM/TWU aim low.......

Josh its AA mgmt that offered a pos subpar contract.

Robbed, why is it the other groups got agreements much sooner?

APA early 2015
APFA late 2014
CWA/IBT late 2015

The IAM held up negotiations for standalone US in summer 2014 and then the NMB recognition of the association without a vote. Clearly the company is willing to open up their checkbook. The rate things are going the other workgroups will be onto section six before the association delivers a JCBA. Pathetic anyway you look at it.

Josh

APA early 2015
APFA late 2014
CWA/IBT late 2015

The IAM held up negotiations for standalone US in summer 2014 and then the NMB recognition of the association without a vote. Clearly the company is willing to open up their checkbook. The rate things are going the other workgroups will be onto section six before the association delivers a JCBA. Pathetic anyway you look at it.

Josh
With the exception of the "shared" CWA/IBT, the APA and the APFA did the smart thing and went with the larger represented union. Jim Little sold us out before retirement by succumbing to Trumpka's demands of "sharing!"
Even though I am no big fan of the TWU, I believe we would not find ourselves nearly three years later still negotiating had we gone with the larger union.

I hope Little is enjoying his executive type pension.

With the exception of the "shared" CWA/IBT, the APA and the APFA did the smart thing and went with the larger represented union. Jim Little sold us out before retirement by succumbing to Trumpka's demands of "sharing!"
Even though I am no big fan of the TWU, I believe we would not find ourselves nearly three years later still negotiating had we gone with the larger union.

I hope Little is enjoying his executive type pension.

Don’t know about USAPA but the AFA-CWA has made multiple public indications of their desire to merge with APFA which APFA wants no part of, rightfully. Should be no surprise the non-AFL CIO affiliated Unions are delivering better results.

The IAM should have honored the process and stepped aside like the TWU ultimately did after America West.

Josh

APA early 2015
APFA late 2014
CWA/IBT late 2015

Josh
Welcome to our world Josh, people in maintenance at SWA, want to know the same thing.

josh CWA gave up baggage service that's just for starters

pilots were unhappy and were able to do some adjustments the US pilots were not happy with their union after the HP merger

FAs got a sweetened deal

all three groups rushed to get deals done While I tend to think the Fleet and Mechanics could have gotten deals already Parker himself; says one thing turns around and offers a pos subpar contract unacceptable

Welcome to our world Josh, people in maintenance at SWA, want to know the same thing.

The IAM in the airline industry is much like Sears in retail a once dominant player that was “a force to be reckoned with” that keeps downsizing and getting defeated at every turn.

pilots were unhappy and were able to do some adjustments the US pilots were not happy with their union after the HP merger

FAs got a sweetened deal

all three groups rushed to get deals done While I tend to think the Fleet and Mechanics could have gotten deals already Parker himself; says one thing turns around and offers a pos subpar contract unacceptable

Robbed the CWA got CARs (which pay full dues) to replace red coats plus got to begin collecting dues from the formerly unorganized LAA agents. They wanted a quick CBA so they could begin collecting dues from the 9k LAA agents.

Josh

FAs got a sweetened deal

Those groups were informed and bought in to the sale that they needed to have that binding Arbitration for the Merger to progress.

The FA’s in particular negotiated a much better deal than what they ultimately ended up with by stupidly not listening to their Union Leaders and voting no.

They lost 80 Million and Medical Benefits if they don’t fly 40 hours per month. Parker gave them the money but they never got back (and never will) that Medical qualifier.

And we’ve read enough articles now to fill a shoebox about how unhappy the Pilots are.

When we finally have our TA released to us for viewing I believe for the most part we aren’t going to have any of the buyers remorse that the Pilots, FA’s and Agents have? IMO.

Are you 700UW?

What are the implications of Janus for the IAM, IAMNPF, DL 142 and LL 1725?

Josh

Are you 700UW?

What are the implications of Janus for the IAM, IAMNPF, DL 142 and LL 1725?

Josh
Weez is reporting that 007 is in fact 700UW. I have no clue if he is correct but he said he has some sort of text sent to him every time he post, so, don't know at this point.

The IAM in the airline industry is much like Sears in retail a once dominant player that was “a force to be reckoned with” that keeps downsizing and getting defeated at every turn.

Robbed the CWA got CARs (which pay full dues) to replace red coats plus got to begin collecting dues from the formerly unorganized LAA agents. They wanted a quick CBA so they could begin collecting dues from the 9k LAA agents.

Josh
Probably explains why they are trying to organize Jet Blue and Delta, they need the money.